Covenant ship was already destined for this planet.. *Possible Spoilers*

Started by Deadmac, Mar 20, 2017, 02:28:51 PM

Author
Covenant ship was already destined for this planet.. *Possible Spoilers* (Read 3,940 times)

Deadmac

Deadmac

I am one of the few who believes that the post-test screen Spoilers and 4chan story is fake.

The proof is that those Spoilers floating on the net says that David activated a distress beacon and that the Covenant ship was enroute to some different distant planet and it got diverted to check the signal planet out.

It contradicts the plot summary given by Fox and the trailer.

It's clear by now that Covenant is visiting the same planet which they had intended for. The Thanking speech by Daniels and Fox's plot summary is enough that they were bound to visit the planet whose sole inhabitant surprisingly happens to be David.

Hence those who are disappointed by the idea floating on the net that David killed Shaw or experimented on Shaw, don't loose hope as it may also be wrong.

Secondly, if David didn't send any beacon or expected any human crews to visit the planet, there was no purpose in creating Facehugger eggs. I mean David just experiments and create eggs and took a chance and wait for some random human to appear out of the vastness of the whole galaxy?

So I also doubt that David created eggs. And if at all he created, it might be of some different purpose altogether. And I doubt David deliberately exposed some crew to the egg.

The only close possibility of the post-screening spoilers to be true is from the idea of David switching to Walter's identity at the end, which makes sense why Scott used same actor for both David and Walter.

Any thoughts?

Corporal Hicks

Pretty sure it was mentioned they're rerouted in some of the set visit articles. I can't think off-hand which though.

x-M-x

Wasn't the distress signal *Shaw singing?* or was that debunked and utter BS?

Maybe we'll find out were the covenant was going they might mention it, but only the drop-ship went to the planet, the big ship remained in orbit (it never landed)

Pvt. Himmel

Does anyone think the planet in Covvie may be the same planet as the sacrificial engineer from Prometheus??

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Deadmac on Mar 20, 2017, 02:28:51 PM
The proof is that those Spoilers floating on the net says that David activated a distress beacon and that the Covenant ship was enroute to some different distant planet and it got diverted to check the signal planet out.

Spoiler
Not a distress beacon but a holo-recording of a sick-looking Shaw singing an eerie song that was sent from the crashed juggernaut in which they flew to Paradise. And yes, they were en-route to a different planet.
[close]

QuoteIt contradicts the plot summary given by Fox and the trailer.

How?

QuoteIt's clear by now that Covenant is visiting the same planet which they had intended for. The Thanking speech by Daniels and Fox's plot summary is enough that they were bound to visit the planet whose sole inhabitant surprisingly happens to be David.

How is it clear?

QuoteWasn't the distress signal *Shaw singing?* or was that debunked and utter BS?

Yes and Nope, Sargodoa has been 100% correct so far.

Pvt. Himmel

Yes Sagardoa has been correct, and why do you keep making negative threads all the time??

If your going to do that consolidate it to one thread cause it clutters up the site.

rabidranger

The real question is if Shaw's distress call is a trap laid by David.

Evanus

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Mar 20, 2017, 04:27:28 PM
Does anyone think the planet in Covvie may be the same planet as the sacrificial engineer from Prometheus??
Well, I did notice that the landscape you see in the first trailer is on the same planet as the sacrificial engineer. Or at least, they used the same location for filming.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Evanus on Mar 20, 2017, 04:44:11 PM
Well, I did notice that the landscape you see in the first trailer is on the same planet as the sacrificial engineer. Or at least, they used the same location for filming.

Coincidental??

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: rabidranger on Mar 20, 2017, 04:41:46 PM

Apparently it is.

It's Iceland yes. But the scene in the Covenant trailer takes place in Weyland's office, not Paradise. Still a very interesting "co-incidence" though.

And of course we also see a wheat field in Prometheus, again on a curving big screen.

Evanus

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 20, 2017, 04:59:22 PM
Quote from: rabidranger on Mar 20, 2017, 04:41:46 PM

Apparently it is.

It's Iceland yes. But the scene in the Covenant trailer takes place in Weyland's office, not Paradise. Still a very interesting "co-incidence" though.

https://x4ashes4ashes.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/tumblr_m5hsdobhjg1qmzcsgo7_r1_500.gif?w=640

And of course we also see a wheat field in Prometheus, again on a curving big screen.
Yes, indeed. I wonder if it was intentional or not.

x-M-x

So Weyland's office is in the middle of nowhere by the looks it then? lol

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Deadmac on Mar 20, 2017, 02:28:51 PM
I am one of the few who believes that the post-test screen Spoilers and 4chan story is fake.

Any thoughts?

You're wrong.

Good night, everybody!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: x-M-x on Mar 20, 2017, 05:56:38 PM

Or it's just a display?

Evanus

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 20, 2017, 07:16:53 PM
Quote from: x-M-x on Mar 20, 2017, 05:56:38 PM

Or it's just a display?
Yeah, probably. The same room in the Walter viral video has a different type of landscape.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed