Scott on Covenant 2, Possible Title (Alien: Awakening?) and Shaw's Role

Started by Anthony, Mar 17, 2017, 02:50:38 PM

Author
Scott on Covenant 2, Possible Title (Alien: Awakening?) and Shaw's Role (Read 39,989 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: neomorpheus on Mar 20, 2017, 11:35:38 AM
The problem I have with LV 426 being a destination for Covenant is that although it made sense in the 80s and terraforming is a cool idea, it doesn't make sense they'd spend all that money to make an inhabitable planet habitable again when there are clearly much better places to colonise and even now we are seeing exoplanets that look to be close to Earth and habitable. Perhaps someone can help me out here, is a dead rock like LV 426 of strategic importance or is it just a case that WY sent them there because they knew of the Juggernaut and so the colonists didn't ask any questions? Does WY just go around terraforming planets just because they can?

LV-426 was colonized because it had mineral wealth. It's a mining colony, not a holiday resort.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 20, 2017, 12:30:08 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 20, 2017, 09:13:09 AMScott hasn't got an unblemished career. Sure, he's had some great films but he's also had stinkers.

Yeah, I love it when people act like he's never made a bad movie, because his career's had a few missteps.

He's unquestionably made some masterpieces, but he's not unimpeachable.

He's made some decidedly underwhelming films but I wouldn't go so far as to call them "stinkers" though.  :laugh:

A "stinker" to me would be something like AVP: Requiem. Something that's totally un-watchable.

PierreVW

Sir Ridley Scott still is in HIS PRIME.

Maybe NOT in ALIEN films but yes in other films.

THE MARTIAN(3D)(2015) was the biggest success of his life and he still has close relationships with THE BIGGEST movie stars in this world: Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hardy, Matt Damon, Michael Fassbender, Christian Bale, Russell Crowe, Natalie Portman, etc....

stroggificated

'kay. :I
Who knows if this guy is even still alive for a second and third one.
Don't talk, deliver.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 20, 2017, 04:51:13 PMHe's made some decidedly underwhelming films but I wouldn't go so far as to call them "stinkers" though.  :laugh:

A "stinker" to me would be something like AVP: Requiem. Something that's totally un-watchable.

Fair point, but Robin Hood was pretty sleep-inducing.

Also there's probably a reason 1942: Conquest of Paradise is literally impossible to get on home video.

I never saw it, but wasn't Exodus: Gods and Kings meant to be pretty terrible?

Quote from: PierreVW on Mar 20, 2017, 05:00:32 PMSir Ridley Scott still is in HIS PRIME.

THE MARTIAN(3D)(2015) was the biggest success of his life and he still has close relationships with THE BIGGEST movie stars in this world: Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hardy, Matt Damon, Michael Fassbender, Christian Bale, Russell Crowe, Natalie Portman, etc....

Prior to The Martian I'm not sure he'd made a truly great film since Kingdom of Heaven, and even then the theatrical version was a mess.

CainsSon

I realize this is going to go largely ignored - but I really think, that the sequential order Scott mentioned was ONLY IN REFERENCE to SHAW.
Like maybe in a flashback in the sequel to COVENANT, or in an opening scene, similar to Weyland creating David in this film.
If you read the quotes, that does make some sense out of it.

PierreVW

PierreVW

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 20, 2017, 05:04:54 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 20, 2017, 04:51:13 PMHe's made some decidedly underwhelming films but I wouldn't go so far as to call them "stinkers" though.  :laugh:

Also there's probably a reason 1942: Conquest of Paradise is literally impossible to get on home video.

Quote from: PierreVW on Mar 20, 2017, 05:00:32 PMSir Ridley Scott still is in HIS PRIME.

Prior to The Martian I'm not sure he'd made a truly great film since Kingdom of Heaven, and even then the theatrical version was a mess.

After Kingdom of Heaven, I love AMERICAN GANGSTER. I think is really underrated.

After AMERICAN GANGSTER, he directed the interesting THE COUNSELOR. I recommend those 2.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I've seen them. American Gangster was certainly a very well-made film but ultimately I thought it was really pretty forgettable, especially considering the talent involved. The Counsellor was likewise kinda bland and fell well short of what you'd expect from the names attached..

So I maintain that he hasn't made a great film since Kingdom of Heaven other than The Martian.

Mr. Clemens

If we're cataloguing Sir Rid's hits and misses, I feel it's my duty once again to jump in and champion Thelma & Louise, which is so often forgotten on this forum.

...and to remind everybody that, loved though it may be, Legend really is a dog.  :P

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Mar 20, 2017, 09:46:59 PMIf we're cataloguing Sir Rid's hits and misses, I feel it's my duty once again to jump in and champion Thelma & Louise, which is so often forgotten on this forum.

Love that film :)

Infected

Quote from: PierreVW on Mar 20, 2017, 08:27:49 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 20, 2017, 05:04:54 PM

After Kingdom of Heaven, I love AMERICAN GANGSTER. I think is really underrated.

After AMERICAN GANGSTER, he directed the interesting THE COUNSELOR. I recommend those 2.
You like Hoodlum? an older movie from 1997 with Fishburne and Roth, i havent seen American Gangster lately but i did see Hoodlum and i liked it a lot for some reason.

HuDaFuK

Hoodlum was quite good.

Directed by Bill Duke aka Mac from Predator!

Infected

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 20, 2017, 10:18:51 PM
Hoodlum was quite good.

Directed by Bill Duke aka Mac from Predator!
Oh i didnt know that, awesome.
Yes pretty good movie, great actors and story is done very good, i think that movie is really underrated.

Pvt. Himmel

Thelma & Louise is def one of his best. 8)

XenoHunter99

Quote from: CainsSon on Mar 20, 2017, 06:55:15 PM
I realize this is going to go largely ignored - but I really think, that the sequential order Scott mentioned was ONLY IN REFERENCE to SHAW.
Like maybe in a flashback in the sequel to COVENANT, or in an opening scene, similar to Weyland creating David in this film.
If you read the quotes, that does make some sense out of it.
It only matters if the movie actually gets made and it's made from what is already written. I'd be surprised if it works out that way.

PierreVW

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 20, 2017, 10:02:50 PM
Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Mar 20, 2017, 09:46:59 PMIf we're cataloguing Sir Rid's hits and misses, I feel it's my duty once again to jump in and champion Thelma & Louise, which is so often forgotten on this forum.

Love that film :)

I recommend you his first film THE DUELLISTS. Masterpiece. Incredible for a first time Director.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed