Scott on Covenant 2, Possible Title (Alien: Awakening?) and Shaw's Role

Started by Anthony, Mar 17, 2017, 02:50:38 PM

Author
Scott on Covenant 2, Possible Title (Alien: Awakening?) and Shaw's Role (Read 38,937 times)

Anthony

Anthony

https://www.fandango.com/movie-news/how-noomi-rapace-will-return-for-alien-covenant-plus-at-least-four-more-alien-movies-in-the-works-752049

On how Shaw fits into Covenant:

"Yes, in a way," he said, confirming she'll be in the film. "Not fully, but in a way. She was integral to what David carried out later."

He also might have just said the title for Covenant's sequel (or prequel, his wording is interesting):

"It will go Prometheus, Awakening, Covenant.. fairly integral where this colonization ship is on the way...."

And for how many films he's planning:

Waterston cut in again to stop Scott from spoiling any more information. "You're giving away too much!" she screamed. "But yes, there will be more after this. I think that was the question." To which Scott replied, "If this is successful, and then the next one, and then there will definitely be three more."

*edited topic title. Hicks.

Evanus

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

"Awakening" ?

Quote"There will be another one before we kind of literally and logically, clockwise, back into the rear back head of [the original] Alien," he said.

We asked Scott what the timeline looked like -- would it be Prometheus, Covenant and then this next movie before we arrive at the events of the original Alien. That's when the answer became a bit foggy as it appears he slips in the title for another movie we haven't seen yet and positions it between Prometheus and Covenant.

"It will go Prometheus, Awakening, Covenant.. fairly integral where this colonization ship is on the way...."

Waterston cut in again to stop Scott from spoiling any more information. "You're giving away too much!" she screamed. "But yes, there will be more after this. I think that was the question." To which Scott replied, "If this is successful, and then the next one, and then there will definitely be three more."

While those answers all seemed like they came in pieces, what we got out of it was that there may be another Alien movie called Alien: Awakening, and it may either come after the events of Covenant or between Prometheus and Covenant. And that the next one would complete a trilogy, at which time Scott has another three Alien films in his mind.

When asked whether those other three Alien films would take place after the events of his own original Alien, he said no, referencing the fact that other movies have already been there, done that.

426Buddy

I think Awakening will be name of the prequel novel

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

So it's Prometheus, Alien Awakening, Alien Covenant?

Anyways keep it coming Ridley. 8)

CainsSon

Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 17, 2017, 03:35:34 PM

This is very confusing. Is Scott saying that the next film will be a Prequel to Covenant? Or that AWAKENING is the title of the NOVEL? I swear this man can barely speak English sometimes. He also seems to be saying that where the COVENANT goes AFTER this movie will be important.
Spoiler
We know from the leaks that at the end of COVENANT they are headed to the original planet they were SUPPOSED to COLONIZE.
[close]

Necronomicon II

That's what I thought, but it's in response to the next film before it leads right up to Alien...unless he just stopped himself from revealing the title and just mentioned how integral the colonisation ship is and where it's going...

He seems to want to go waaaaay back with the next three after the sequel to Covenant, colour me intrigued.

426Buddy

Yeah I don't know it isn't specific but I still think it means the order of the story. Prometheus 1st, then the prequel ADF novel (awakening maybe), and finally Covenant.

lv_226

Quote from: CainsSon on Mar 17, 2017, 03:46:29 PM

This is very confusing. Is Scott saying that the next film will be a Prequel to Covenant? Or that AWAKENING is the title of the NOVEL? I swear this man can barely speak English sometimes. He also seems to be saying that where the COVENANT goes AFTER this movie will be important.
Spoiler
We know from the leaks that at the end of COVENANT they are headed to the original planet they were SUPPOSED to COLONIZE.
[close]

LV-426?

rabidranger

This seems to support the idea that Shaw became one of David's test subjects.

BonesawT101

Initial thoughts for me were that he may be talking about foster's novel.

Morghul1983

Anyway I think at the end there will be to much alien prequel/sequel movies and that's not good for the franchise!

Three are enough ridley  ;)

episodenone

I think it's safe to say that after 500 interviews -- he's allowed to slip on details.  It must be exhausting.

LV-624

I fear that there is still no definitive plan for the prequels, 5 years after the release of Prometheus.
At some point FOX will plug the plug, and we'll be left with an uncompleted connection to the original series.
Prometheus followed by Alien: Covenant, Alien: Covenant 2 and Alien: Covenant 3 is more than enough.
5, 6 prequel films are just ridiculous.
Ridley and FOX need to come up with a complete plan of where the series is heading, and stick to the Alien: Covenant prequel trilogy that has been mentioned before. Anymore films after that would be overkill.

JokersWarPig

three more after these three?...I mean...unless one of those is Blomkamps it might to start to feel like treading over the same ground repeatedly. How long can we dip into the origins of the Alien before it gets stale?

One of the reasons I like Alien and Aliens so much is because they're different takes on the same idea.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed