New Alien: Covenant Trailer, The Last Supper & Set Reports - AvPGalaxy Podcast #47

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 17, 2017, 12:15:30 PM

Author
New Alien: Covenant Trailer, The Last Supper & Set Reports - AvPGalaxy Podcast #47 (Read 7,851 times)

Corporal Hicks

We have just uploaded the 47th episode of the Alien vs. Predator Galaxy Podcast (right-click and save as to download). Our latest podcast sees the usual suspects discussing the latest Alien: Covenant trailer, the first of Alien: Covenant’s viral marketing videos – The Last Supper – and the many new set reports.

The 47th episode of the Alien vs. Predator Galaxy Podcast covers the latest Alien: Covenant trailer, The Last Supper and the recent set reports.

RidgeTop, Xenomorphine and I discuss the character dynamics and homages in The Last Supper, the Alien film’s first openly gay characters, the proto-Alien and more.

Our latest episode is available to download in our Podcasts section (simply right-click and save as) or for your Apple owners, our podcast is also available on iTunes.

Keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on Alien: Covenant! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien fans on our forums!

Prez

Thank you very much :-)

Downloading now.

Praetorian Guard

BonesawT101

Awesome guys! Can't wait to give this a listen when I get home from work.

juxtapose

first podcast i ever downloaded. .gonna be interesting to actually hear these people speak. .so used to just reading their thoughts. .

DorkiDori

woo! now i have something to listen to today at work!!! and its a good LONG one too!!!

BishopShouldGo

The podcasts are always good freeway traffic listenin'.

Adbwayne

Always love when a new podcast comes out. Honestly avp galaxy is probably my favorite podcast to listen to of any.

Whos_Nick

Hicks, we're still waiting to have you on Hybrid Network lol. Great ep guys  8)

Molecules

Good stuff as usual guys. Was desperate for this podcast in the immediate aftermath of the second trailer, but understand it's not simple co-ordinating these things. Episode suggestion: Alien (and Predator) clones of the 80s/90s.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Whos_Nick on Mar 18, 2017, 06:22:53 PM
Hicks, we're still waiting to have you on Hybrid Network lol. Great ep guys  8)

Sorry man, last week decided to throw hectic real life work into the week which put the release of this one back a week too. I'm happy to come on, just give me a good deal of notice!  :)

Quote from: Molecules on Mar 19, 2017, 12:29:23 AM
Good stuff as usual guys. Was desperate for this podcast in the immediate aftermath of the second trailer, but understand it's not simple co-ordinating these things. Episode suggestion: Alien (and Predator) clones of the 80s/90s.

Sorry for the delay. I had hoped to have this done a week earlier but as I mentioned above, the real world job decided it was going to take that week to be insane and make me just sleep when I got home. Glad you enjoyed it though and that's a really cool suggestion and one I'm going to steal for an episode later on the down the line!

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Mar 17, 2017, 09:22:17 PM
The podcasts are always good freeway traffic listenin'.

I'm a car listener to.  :)

Quote from: Adbwayne on Mar 18, 2017, 01:10:26 AM
Always love when a new podcast comes out. Honestly avp galaxy is probably my favorite podcast to listen to of any.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. It's very much appreciated.  :) We're glad to know you guys enjoy these.

FenGiddel

FenGiddel

A good discussion guys without giving away too much. I wondered if there will be a link to the sculpture mentioned by Ridgetop?

Ragonk_Force

great work Hicks!

XenoHunter99

It was a good podcast. Sacrifice is among my favoirite Aliens comics - At the very least, it's stuck in my head because of what happened in it. Alien universe (movies and EU) does seem to have a lot of religious themes woven into it.

There are issues with the CGI protomorph, but I doubt they'll matter much when watching the finished film.

I'm not even sure the lack of biomechanical aesthetic matters much any more. It was only really featured in the original. The warriors in Aliens sort of have it, but those suits were in ways simplified for more movement. The queen was not so mechanical and the hive structure was more biological. After that, the creature became more bony and sinuous. Hicks, I don't think you're ever going to get your biomechanical hellworld in an Alien movie. It could be done, but no one seems that interested in doing it. I suppose the closest was what we already got with the inside of the original derelict.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: XenoHunter99 on Mar 21, 2017, 12:01:05 AM
It was a good podcast. Sacrifice is among my favoirite Aliens comics - At the very least, it's stuck in my head because of what happened in it. Alien universe (movies and EU) does seem to have a lot of religious themes woven into it.

I think I'm due a re-read of this one, myself. I don't remember it too greatly.

QuoteHicks, I don't think you're ever going to get your biomechanical hellworld in an Alien movie. It could be done, but no one seems that interested in doing it. I suppose the closest was what we already got with the inside of the original derelict.

A fella can dream, can't he?  :'( To be honest, if we got something more like the original Derelict I'd be happy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed