What strategies did the Alien use to move inside the Nostromo?

Started by Doctor Ash, Mar 17, 2017, 09:30:37 AM

Author
What strategies did the Alien use to move inside the Nostromo? (Read 4,809 times)

Local Trouble

I didn't realize the Nostromo was so small.

SM

It's only one deck.

Local Trouble

Then what's with all the ladders?

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: FenGiddel on Mar 22, 2017, 04:13:43 PM
For you visualists like me, here's Graham Langridge's A-Deck plan, based on the set plans.  The red circle and arrow indicate the "epicentre" and subsequent avenue of escape...

(Thanks, Graham.)
Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 22, 2017, 08:02:02 PM

lol SM is saying the picture is only showing 1 deck of the ship, not that the Nostromo has only 1 deck.  :D

And I would reckon that deck plan isn't to scale anyway.

SM

They lead to B and C deck.

FenGiddel

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 22, 2017, 06:08:11 PM
I didn't realize the Nostromo was so small.
That's what she said.... 

Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 22, 2017, 08:11:47 PM
Quote from: FenGiddel on Mar 22, 2017, 04:13:43 PM
For you visualists like me, here's Graham Langridge's A-Deck plan, based on the set plans.  The red circle and arrow indicate the "epicentre" and subsequent avenue of escape...

(Thanks, Graham.)

lol SM is saying the picture is only showing 1 deck of the ship, not that the Nostromo has only 1 deck.  :D

And I would reckon that deck plan isn't to scale anyway.

You are correct, sir.  It is based on set plans.  I think LT is having you on...  (or I hope that's the case...)

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Well, back when i was a kid, i thought the Nostromo was that huge ass tower thing lol, back then i thought it was self maintenanced and that the crew was only to keep tabs on it ect. But years later i found out the Nostromo is actually the small craft they landed on the LV-426 with. 

I think it should be more than one deck large though. Bret and Parker were down on engineering. and if Aliens Isolation had anything to go by. The Ladders we see in the movie clearly are used for going into maintenance ect. I think the primary area though is small.

Even Isolation used the same layout so we know the exact size of one of the decks. There's probably 3 decks at the most not including the air shafts ect that are used throught.

SM

It's 3 decks - A, B and C.  Bridge, Mother, Galley, Infirmary and hypersleep are all on A.  Engineering is on C.

FenGiddel is a long standing expert on such things.

whiterabbit

Well I'm pretty sure the alien used gymnastics to hangout in the landing foot room.

FenGiddel

FenGiddel

Quote from: Guts on Mar 23, 2017, 05:59:25 AM
Well, back when i was a kid, i thought the Nostromo was that huge ass tower thing lol, back then i thought it was self maintenanced and that the crew was only to keep tabs on it ect. But years later i found out the Nostromo is actually the small craft they landed on the LV-426 with. 

I think it should be more than one deck large though. Bret and Parker were down on engineering. and if Aliens Isolation had anything to go by. The Ladders we see in the movie clearly are used for going into maintenance ect. I think the primary area though is small.

Guts: in these two paragraphs you are walking the same road I did back in the late 90s.  It's what inspired "The Nostromo Files", the site that gathered what was known and shown about the ship.  It was very slim pickin's, as SM would probably agree.

Can you just imagine how exciting it was for me (and other Nostromo fans) to see Alien: Isolation and its richly imagined Nostromo-inspired environs?

:)

Quote from: SM on Mar 23, 2017, 06:40:51 AM
FenGiddel is a long standing expert on such things.

Thank you, sir.

Quote from: whiterabbit on Mar 23, 2017, 07:56:23 AM
Well I'm pretty sure the alien used gymnastics to hangout in the landing foot room.
Yes, and I hope that no one ever tries to show us just how it made its escape with him into the air ducts. It would be very very hard to beat the director's cut scene with blood dripping down on Parker's shirt...and my imagination...
:)

Elmazalman

Did the Alien somehow mess with the tracker reading that Lambert was/wasn't receiving, or did the tracker choose a most inopportune time to start malfunctioning?

SM

Hard to say.  Could be just that it couldn't track the Alien when it wasn't moving, or there was interference from the ships machinery.  Or even something else entirely.

FenGiddel

Based on Ripley's "Micro changes in air density, my ass" line, she certainly had no faith in Ash's explanation of its workings, regardless of how well demonstrated.

SM

It had a couple of modes - search for moving object and presumably whatever mode they used to track Dallas.

It worked fine when they found Jones.

426Buddy

There was a malfunction, some deaths were involved.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed