What strategies did the Alien use to move inside the Nostromo?

Started by Doctor Ash, Mar 17, 2017, 09:30:37 AM

Author
What strategies did the Alien use to move inside the Nostromo? (Read 4,807 times)

Doctor Ash

What did it do to evade and outsmart the crew? How was it able to orient itself so well inside the ship? And what did it do if it wasn't hunting?

SM

"It's definitely using the airducts to move around."

cliffhanger

Wans't it mentioned it operates on pure instinct? also, despite it not having eyes, it might have 'photographic' memory. it also supposedly is able to smell and taste feromones.Sharks use electro-reception, and can 'sense' very well with that, and perhaps even notice a heartbeat. there's also suggestions it may see like a barrelfish, it's been also suggested that despite not seeing it, behind its cranial shell there might be eyes that see through the dome, but that's the less popular theory, especially since the facehugger lacks eyes too yet is perfectly able to pinpoint its prey and specifically it's head.

Elmazalman

The periods between attacks may have been spent alternating from inactivity to feeding, building it's nest and exploring the ship via the air-ducts.

It used it's time efficiently.

SM

QuoteWans't it mentioned it operates on pure instinct?

When?

cliffhanger

Quote from: SM on Mar 17, 2017, 09:46:49 PM
QuoteWans't it mentioned it operates on pure instinct?

When?

since you're actually asking that question i'm probably very wrong there lol.
i'm not sure, i thought that was something mentioned in either the 1st or 2nd movie by ash? bishop? or in the AVP game?
or am i perhaps confusing this with the predator?

Doctor Ash

I wonder if the crew would have been able to evade the alien by being aware of the environment. Maybe there were signs hinting at the aliens presence like saliva or changes in the corridors and rooms.

Elmazalman

Quote from: Doctor Ash on Mar 18, 2017, 12:44:30 PM
I wonder if the crew would have been able to evade the alien by being aware of the environment. Maybe there were signs hinting at the aliens presence like saliva or changes in the corridors and rooms.
Any deposits of slime/saliva left behind by the thing, would have been too small to notice unless the crew member was literally on top of it (like Dallas).

Perhaps smell? It's never mentioned in the film, but the Alien may have had a strong odour. The director wanted the creature to have the smell of decay about it.

Alien Runner

The airducts. The Alien might also use its mechanical attachments on its body to move around. Remember, the Alien is bio-mechanic.

Doctor Ash

Yes, smell might be an issue and the idea of it's use of biomechanical components to move around is interesting. How do you imagine it exactly?

SM

Quote from: Alien Runner on Mar 20, 2017, 08:58:51 AM
The airducts. The Alien might also use its mechanical attachments on its body to move around. Remember, the Alien is bio-mechanic.

How?

motherfather

In which direction did Kane's chestburster scuttle off to? I thought it ran into the area where Mother's main console is located.

Elmazalman

Quote from: motherfather on Mar 21, 2017, 09:22:17 PM
In which direction did Kane's chestburster scuttle off to? I thought it ran into the area where Mother's main console is located.
Perhaps we might have had some clue, if Mr Scott had the time to film the deleted shot of the chestburster escaping, leaving a trail of Kane's innards behind it. The scene is in the comic book.

SM

It heads aft (away from the bridge and Mother annex).

FenGiddel

For you visualists like me, here's Graham Langridge's A-Deck plan, based on the set plans.  The red circle and arrow indicate the "epicentre" and subsequent avenue of escape...

(Thanks, Graham.)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed