I have a sinking feeling...

Started by happypred, Mar 15, 2017, 02:53:59 PM

Author
I have a sinking feeling... (Read 13,365 times)

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: SiL on Mar 17, 2017, 12:05:40 PM
Right. But they still tried to give the fans what they wanted. It just doesn't guarantee the movie won't still suck ass.

The only reason they picked up that awful script was the budget, they were cheap and didn't take the franchise seriously and the fans seriously.
And they didn't stop yet.

SiL

SiL

Pretty sure they asked Salerno to write it.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Mar 17, 2017, 12:20:23 PM
Right. But they still tried to give the fans what they wanted. It just doesn't guarantee the movie won't still suck ass.

The only reason they picked up that awful script was the budget, they were cheap and didn't take the franchise seriously and the fans seriously.
Yes, because they again rushed this movie into production and hired another untalented writer-team for this, they also decreased the budget again like they did with AvP-R... except not, but who cares.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Mar 17, 2017, 01:28:15 PM
Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Mar 17, 2017, 12:20:23 PM

Yes, because they again rushed this movie into production and hired another untalented writer-team for this, they also decreased the budget again like they did with AvP-R... except not, but who cares.

Worse Johnny...They hired a good team of writers but they screwed this time.At one point I expected something wonderful.This is ancient History now, read the spoilers and you'll get why we're pissed.

Johnny Handsome

No, because i want to see the movie when it's a finished, polished product that is then meant to be seen and then judge the movie.

I'm not forming my opinion of a piece of paper that is confirmed to be fake by the writer himself. The story and the script for the first Predator is nothing special if you read it. The story of an austrian bodybuilder with a thick accent who's being hunted by a dreadlocked alien in the jungle could have gone horribly, horribly wrong.

It's all in the execution. And so far, it all comes together nicely in my book.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Mar 17, 2017, 02:36:46 PM
I'm not forming my opinion of a piece of paper that is confirmed to be fake by the writer himself.

His "it's fake" on FB isn't related to any question.But he didn't answer to the guy who asked him about the leak.
And he better not state that the leaked script is fake, since it's legit.But in the same time he can't admit that awful script is legit.

So now that it's clarified, what do you think of the story ?

goose_3387

goose_3387

Funny thing being that AvPR was a bad movie yet they still managed to portray the Predator well, in my opinion the next best Predator after the original.

They kept Wolf simple - hunter/cleaner.

The whole 10ft DNA enhanced Predator could still very well work out on screen however some parts of that final act of the leaked script have the potential to go wrong with bad execution and bad CGI.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Mar 17, 2017, 04:38:32 PM
I'm not forming my opinion of a piece of paper that is confirmed to be fake by the writer himself.

His "it's fake" on FB isn't related to any question.But he didn't answer to the guy who asked him about the leak.
And he better not state that the leaked script is fake, since it's legit.But in the same time he can't admit that awful script is legit.

Why do you never answer when people ask how you know it's real?

Master

Master

Hicks said,  in his best knowledge,  it's the older draft of the script. The changes are there,  but how much tjeu can really cjange at this moment

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: SiL on Mar 17, 2017, 11:36:36 PM

Because I dont need to.I have a trustful source and I am not alone.Everybody got the same infos and all these infos match everything Black and Dekker said.Being in denial will not gonna change anything.

goose_3387

goose_3387

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Mar 18, 2017, 02:40:15 PM

Because I dont need to.I have a trustful source and I am not alone.Everybody got the same infos and all these infos match everything Black and Dekker said.Being in denial will not gonna change anything.

There could be some new/different variables but the base story and structure will be the same as the leaked script.

Keith

Keith

Quote from: greygoose on Mar 17, 2017, 08:41:01 PM
Funny thing being that AvPR was a bad movie yet they still managed to portray the Predator well, in my opinion the next best Predator after the original.

The whole 10ft DNA enhanced Predator could still very well work out on screen however some parts of that final act of the leaked script have the potential to go wrong with bad execution and bad CGI.

Wolf's the best Predator since Predator 2 (granted, that's not saying much). And since they plan on having spider Predators and other ridiculous mutants in the new one, it looks like it will stay that way.

goose_3387

goose_3387

Quote from: Keith on Mar 18, 2017, 05:48:19 PM
Quote from: greygoose on Mar 17, 2017, 08:41:01 PM

Wolf's the best Predator since Predator 2 (granted, that's not saying much). And since they plan on having spider Predators and other ridiculous mutants in the new one, it looks like it will stay that way.

The general audience could very well end up with a solid sci-fi movie. I'm concerned that the spider-Preds and other mutant pets could damage the Predator character for the fans though. It's one of those ideas that you think is only there to sell cool toys to the collectors.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Mar 18, 2017, 02:40:15 PM

So you're saying you've got no proof.

Predator_Spirit

Predator_Spirit

Useless to be in denial Sil.I really hope that they know that we know.
Aknowledge that their ideas suck and fix what can be still fixed.
Some things cant be modified,like the hybrid, but how about giving him a mature design?
And whatnot.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed