Spoilers: Xenomorph origin revealed

Started by genocyber, Mar 13, 2017, 09:15:14 PM

Author
Spoilers: Xenomorph origin revealed (Read 50,415 times)

SpeedyMaxx

I'd rather eat glass.

Samhain13

If this happens.

Its bad.

Really bad.

The eggs on the ship from LV-426 were suppose to be there for thousands of years. Is Ridley trying to retcon that too?

Wasn't retconing the space jockey suit enough for him?

f**k, and we thought no one could damage the aliens more than the Strauses.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 20, 2017, 11:23:11 PMThe eggs on the ship from LV-426 were suppose to be there for thousands of years. Is Ridley trying to retcon that too?

Presumed to of been there for thousands of years. The crew didn't perform any tests on the ship or the pilot. "Looks like it's been dead a long time" doesn't say much, and it certainly wasn't "fossilised". None of them had any real clue.

Not disagreeing that it would suck though.

XenoHunter99

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Mar 20, 2017, 07:18:38 PM
I'd rather eat glass.
That'll give you indigestion.

Samhain13

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 20, 2017, 11:39:07 PM

Presumed to of been there for thousands of years. The crew didn't perform any tests on the ship or the pilot. "Looks like it's been dead a long time" doesn't say much, and it certainly wasn't "fossilised". None of them had any real clue.

Not disagreeing that it would suck though.

It have been considered to be very old since 1979, I think that was what the writers intended, even Ridley probably thought the same at that time, just like how the space jockey wasn't intended to be an albino giant dude.

Dammit I would prefer to see the Strauses avp3 idea of preds hunting dinosaur sized aliens on their homeworld than this crap.  :laugh:

At least they wouldnt f**k with the derelict ship or the space jockey.

fernandito

Weren't the very jockey concept and also the very derelict-type ship both retconned in Prometheus already?

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: fernandito on Mar 21, 2017, 07:21:23 AM
Weren't the very jockey concept and also the very derelict-type ship both retconned in Prometheus already?

No.

Corporal Hicks

Indeed they were. That was the whole point of that movie.

Alien Runner

The original xenomorphs were created to terraform planets for the Engineers to live in. The Mural in Prometheus is an ancient xenomorph. Yes, the temple is alive. In Fire and Stone, we know the fate of Deacon. It turned into a huge living mountain. David will add the mechanical part into the xenomorph because he is a synthetic. I think David will end up like Elden in Fire and Stone. He turns into a synthetic Engineer but he ends up becoming a victim of his own creation which leads us to the big fossilized Engineer in Alien 1.

shawsbaby

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 21, 2017, 08:13:04 AM

Wait, which question are you answering?

Corporal Hicks

fernandito's.

Scorpio

I don't care at this point, just like how I never imagined Darth Vader to be a whiny kid, whatever you build up in your imagination will always be better than what filmmakers come up with.

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 21, 2017, 08:13:04 AM

What? No. And even more no.

fernandito

Quote from: LCpl. D. Grant on Mar 21, 2017, 01:10:34 PMWhat? No. And even more no.
I don't remember the Jockey in Prometheus being something grown out of the chair. Or the juggernaut ship featuring organic hallways, and probably being another biomech-organism, like the Derelict probably was if we stick, strictly, to Giger's vision of his own creation.

Also, I don't remember console controls and chairs in the Derelict pilot chamber.

426Buddy

Quote from: fernandito on Mar 21, 2017, 01:34:51 PM
Quote from: LCpl. D. Grant on Mar 21, 2017, 01:10:34 PMWhat? No. And even more no.
I don't remember the Jockey in Prometheus being something grown out of the chair. Or the juggernaut ship featuring organic hallways, and probably being another biomech-organism, like the Derelict probably was if we stick, strictly, to Giger's vision of his own creation.

Also, I don't remember console controls and chairs in the Derelict pilot chamber.

It's doesn't appear that the Juggernaut is the same ship as the Derelict so there is room for variances. However it was Prometheus's intention to retcon the Space Jockey into the Engineers.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed