Alien: Covenant 2 Already Written!

Started by Ingwar, Mar 05, 2017, 07:51:42 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant 2 Already Written! (Read 58,087 times)

Ingwar

Ingwar

Scott about Covenant. Nothing new but there are few interesting parts.

QuoteWhat we did really well on Prometheus, considering that it was a ground zero idea that was starting all over again, was I discovered that people do have an appetite for the alien and what he means and his evolution – the egg, the facehugger, the chestburster as we call them.

People still want to see it. So I return to a little bit of that but not wholeheartedly; there's a lot in here which is new as well.

You've got to assume to a certain extent success and from that you'd better be ready. You don't want a two-year gap. So I'll be ready to go again next year

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/movies/ridley-scott-promises-a-return-to-alienstyle-horror-in-alien-covenant-20170222-guj8wk.html

Evanus

Evanus

Does that mean the next movie will come in about 3 years?

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: Evanus on Mar 05, 2017, 08:05:03 PM
Does that mean the next movie will come in about 3 years?

Hard to say. Scott wants to make western Wraiths of the Broken Land after Covenant or maybe he changed his mind.

Anthony

Anthony

Scott also has The Cartel (where his involvement was announced in July 2015) and The Prisoner (where his involvement was announced last January). So it could be that he does Wraiths (which he got attached to in May last year) this year, then gets into Covenant's sequel (Should Covenant be successful) while dropping out of one or both of the projects. Remember, he was also going to direct Blade Runner 2049 and The Color Of Lightening after Prometheus.

Also, the article in question mentions the sequel has already been written. So the big deciding factor is if Covenant is successful.

But I think it's safe to say we can expect Covenant 2 by May 2019/2020.

Enoch

Enoch

The script for the sequel is finished, so he could practically star filming the next one just at the end of this year.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Anthony on Mar 05, 2017, 08:43:05 PM
Also, the article in question mentions the sequel has already been written. So the big deciding factor is if Covenant is successful.

I missed that!

QuoteWhile working on Alien: Covenant, he had the next instalment written so he is ready to keep advancing the saga.

"You've got to assume to a certain extent success and from that you'd better be ready," he says. "You don't want a two-year gap. So I'll be ready to go again next year."

Sounds like he's ready to keep the train rolling. I think that's worth another news post focused on that.

Anthony

Anthony

Quote from: Enoch on Mar 05, 2017, 08:51:33 PM
The script for the sequel is finished, so he could practically star filming the next one just at the end of this year.

Exactly. It just depends on how Covneant does at the box office.

Enoch

Enoch

Personally, I think Covenant will do great at the box office.
Prometheus earned $403.4 million
Martian earned $630.2 million

Covenant will earn somewhere between 670 - 700 million.
Just my predictions.

BishopShouldGo

Yeah, I've been saying for the last year or so that Covenant would do amazing numbers at the box office. $600 million at least.

Enoch

Enoch

Ridley Scott, Michael Fassbender x2, Xenomorphs ∞
and many other things together equal 700 millions at least. :laugh: ;) ;)

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: Enoch on Mar 05, 2017, 09:06:17 PM
Personally, I think Covenant will do great at the box office.
Prometheus earned $403.4 million
Martian earned $630.2 million

Covenant will earn somewhere between 670 - 700 million.
Just my predictions.

670-700? I wish but I doubt that :). Comparing Covenant to The Martian in terms of box office success is not quite convincing. Mars movie wasn't R-rated. I predict 500+ or close to 600 if we are lucky.

Enoch

Enoch

LOGAN - R rated movie

Total gross
Box office   $237.8 million
Retrieved March 5

!!!

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: Enoch on Mar 05, 2017, 09:24:02 PM
Ridley Scott, Michael Fassbender x2, Xenomorphs ∞
and many other things together equal 700 millions at least. :laugh: ;) ;)

I've been wondering why they haven't been putting FROM THE DIRECTOR OF ALIEN AND THE MARTIAN in the advertising.

Anthony

Anthony

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Mar 05, 2017, 09:26:40 PM
I've been wondering why they haven't been putting FROM THE DIRECTOR OF ALIEN AND THE MARTIAN in the advertising.

I think even casual movie goers know what Scott has done, so the "FROM THE DIRECTOR OF" credit isn't needed.

Also, any estimates on the budget? We know that it's less than Prometheus (which cost $120 Million-$130 Million).

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: Enoch on Mar 05, 2017, 09:26:27 PM
LOGAN - R rated movie

Total gross
Box office   $237.8 million
Retrieved March 5

!!!

It's a Marvel flick and they do very well at box office. I wish you are right with your prediction. I'm more sceptic about it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed