Javier Botet Performed Motion Capture For Alien: Covenant?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 02, 2017, 07:55:54 PM

Author
Javier Botet Performed Motion Capture For Alien: Covenant? (Read 10,108 times)

Corporal Hicks

Javier Botet performed motion capture for Alien: Covenant? The last few days have seen a sleuth of new Alien: Covenant information come to light! We’ve had the fantastic new trailer and an information overload following the release of numerous set reports.

And we’re still getting more! Bloody Disgusting noticed an Instagram post from motion capture performer Javier Botet, confirming he worked on the film!

While Botet didn’t say straight out what motion capture performances he provided for Alien: Covenant, when asked by Alien vs. Predator Galaxy if he performed for the Alien, he replied with “more than that!” We pushed on, asking if that meant he also performed as the Neomorph? Botet didn’t reply but he liked the comment.

Javier Botet is well known for his motion caption work in the horror genre. He has done performances of monsters and creatures in films such as Crimson Peak, The Conjuring 2, the various [REC] films and Mama.

Keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on Alien: Covenant! You can follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien fans on our forums!

aliennaire

The guy who played eponymous ghost in Mama  is extremely tall and thin and capable of twisting and stretching out his limbs in a grossly inhuman way. By the look of his moves, one might say that creature in Mama was CGI-ed, whereas in fact it was played by the actor and SFX-ed in post-production. I think it's a good sign for Covenant, he could be even captured for the sequence - known from the green trailer - when Proto-Alien is breaking in the dropship. The positioning/sprawling of legs feels so weird there!

Morose

We all know the real star of the film is xenomorph  ;). Come to think of it, wouldn't it be interesting if someone made a short from the perspective of the alien?

XENOMORPHOSIS

Seen some of his previous roles, creepy and effective, hope there's a blend of practical and cgi effects.

Ingwar

Dino21AvP

He did a great job playing the Crooked Man in The Conjuring 2. Can't wait to see his portrayal of the Xenomorph.

Enoch

Enoch

Maybe he will play certain character.... ;)

when asked by Alien vs. Predator Galaxy if he performed for the Alien, he replied with "more than that!"
He acted in Alien then! I heard some stories about motion capture character but thought it was just a rumor.

Not a plain xeno role!

whiterabbit

Yep, man in rubber suit alien. f**k that cgi stuff. Well here's hoping. :P

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

He's perfect for this, Dude can pull off some inhuman movements https://youtu.be/DE4MVdHJEFI

Ingwar

Do you think it might be his performance?

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Quote from: Ingwar on Mar 02, 2017, 10:55:20 PM
Do you think it might be his performance?

Of course. If he's doing it, he's doing all of it. According to some on here its poorly animated. even though its mo capped lol

D88M

lol i was expecting my name there, i am so vain  :P, he is a great actor, is gonna be great to see him in a new generation of Alien suit, it could be fantastic and close to the original performance

dlb

the things this guy can do are out of this world and I am glad to see him making fun out of his curse. When I saw some pictures last week of him performing in all kinds of suits I immediately thought of him when I saw the Alien breaking into the dropship. That definitely has to be him. Especially when you look at the flat chest area of the Alien in the trailer.

Can't wait for the behind the scenes stuff with Javier. Tom Woodruff is a talented man by any means but Botet in that suit is beyond fascinating.

I am truly excited about which other characters he did for the movie if any. I doubt it's the neomorph since that one is relatively small, but maybe we get to see an adult form. At least the on scene reports are telling us that we will be seeing a lot of varieties within the creatures in Covenant.

yarko

yarko

A few years ago I made a photo manipulation of Javier Botet as the neomorph. I thoguh he would be perfect for the role and I'm really glad that he got the job

*added image. Hicks.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed