Pretty good
48 (20.6%)
Meh....
23 (9.9%)
Hated it.
7 (3%)

Total Members Voted: 233

Author
Green Band Trailer Officially Released! (Read 89,505 times)

Loftyshine

Loftyshine

Most of those who complained about space jockeys'*revelation as humanoids in Prometheus.....

... Are going to miss the same 'Engineers' a lot.

Infact, a glimpse of a live Engineer with his biomechanical suit in the trailer would have made me enough excited than a rehashed,  revamped Xeno/Neo-morph attacking people.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Evanus on Mar 06, 2017, 01:28:33 PMWhat I don't get, is that in Prometheus the black goo on LV-223 mutates everything it makes contact with.

Who says it was the goo that killed them? Maybe it was what the goo made that killed everything.

Evanus

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 06, 2017, 02:49:59 PM
Quote from: Evanus on Mar 06, 2017, 01:28:33 PMWhat I don't get, is that in Prometheus the black goo on LV-223 mutates everything it makes contact with.

Who says it was the goo that killed them? Maybe it was what the goo made that killed everything.
Well, the leaks make it sound like
Spoiler
David shoots the black goo at them and they all just die.
[close]
But what 426Buddy says makes a lot more sense.

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Quote from: Loftyshine on Mar 06, 2017, 02:31:34 PM
Most of those who complained about space jockeys'*revelation as humanoids in Prometheus.....

... Are going to miss the same 'Engineers' a lot.

Infact, a glimpse of a live Engineer with his biomechanical suit in the trailer would have made me enough excited than a rehashed,  revamped Xeno/Neo-morph attacking people.
Not really

Loftyshine

Loftyshine

'Most of'

You won't

Most of already does.

Agree to our disagreement.!

salomonj

Quote from: Evanus on Mar 06, 2017, 02:54:19 PM

Spoiler
[close]
What did 426Buddy say?

Evanus

Quote from: salomonj on Mar 08, 2017, 06:21:28 AM
Quote from: Evanus on Mar 06, 2017, 02:54:19 PM

Spoiler
[close]
What did 426Buddy say?
Here:
Spoiler
I'm expecting that the animal life and the engineers were killed during or right after exposure to the goo. Probably by some kind of quarantine procedure, one that seems to petrify on contact.
[close]

Corporal Hicks

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 08, 2017, 08:38:53 AMScreen caps are now in the gallery. Enjoy!

This...

Spoiler
[close]

Those hundreds of humans/aliens/engineers weren't laid to waste in situ by goo. Goo doesn't do that. Supersonic clouds of volcanic ash do that, but volcanic eruptions tend to destroy trees (and wheat) as well as animals. Whoever these beings were they were smitten/struck down Old Testament style. "Philistines versus the Ark of the Covenant" style.

I will never forget this brilliantly put question and its curious reply when Valaquen interviewed Ian Whyte in 2013:

QuoteValaquen: The Engineer is a mysterious being. We don't know where he came from, and we have only the thinnest understanding of his mission. When you play such a creature do you formulate a backstory and attitude in your head? Who, as far as you're concerned, is the Engineer?

Ian Whyte: Someone on the crew, (I forget exactly who) described them absolutely perfectly as "Truck drivers of the apocalypse!" They serve a higher power/intelligence, unnamed and unknown.

Of course it is entirely possible that the "someone on the crew" was full of shit, but it has long been speculated, both before and after the release of Prometheus, that the engineers weren't the end game. The abject failure of the engineers behaviour in Prometheus to portray superior (or even basic) intelligence was a major beef for many people. For far less people (possibly just me) the fact that the engineer pilot was diminutive when compared to the original pilot just raised the discord.

Note that that image doesn't show a lone temple on a dead moon; it shows a cultured city on a rich and living planet. And everything is dead. Goo changes things. Aliens eat or appropriate things. Only god murders with impunity.

Mustangjeff

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 08, 2017, 12:36:59 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 08, 2017, 08:38:53 AMScreen caps are now in the gallery. Enjoy!

This...

Spoiler
[close]

Those hundreds of humans/aliens/engineers weren't laid to waste in situ by goo. Goo doesn't do that. Supersonic clouds of volcanic ash do that, but volcanic eruptions tend to destroy trees (and wheat) as well as animals. Whoever these beings were they were smitten/struck down Old Testament style. "Philistines versus the Ark of the Covenant" style.

I will never forget this brilliantly put question and its curious reply when Valaquen interviewed Ian Whyte in 2013:

QuoteValaquen: The Engineer is a mysterious being. We don't know where he came from, and we have only the thinnest understanding of his mission. When you play such a creature do you formulate a backstory and attitude in your head? Who, as far as you're concerned, is the Engineer?

Ian Whyte: Someone on the crew, (I forget exactly who) described them absolutely perfectly as "Truck drivers of the apocalypse!" They serve a higher power/intelligence, unnamed and unknown.

Of course it is entirely possible that the "someone on the crew" was full of shit, but it has long been speculated, both before and after the release of Prometheus, that the engineers weren't the end game. The abject failure of the engineers behaviour in Prometheus to portray superior (or even basic) intelligence was a major beef for many people. For far less people (possibly just me) the fact that the engineer pilot was diminutive when compared to the original pilot just raised the discord.

Note that that image doesn't show a lone temple on a dead moon; it shows a cultured city on a rich and living planet. And everything is dead. Goo changes things. Aliens eat or appropriate things. Only god murders with impunity.

I hope your correct that there is something MUCH bigger is at play here.  The whole idea of David wiping out the planet with goo leaves a lot to be desired as far as I'm concerned.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 08, 2017, 12:36:59 PMThose hundreds of humans/aliens/engineers weren't laid to waste in situ by goo. Goo doesn't do that. Supersonic clouds of volcanic ash do that, but volcanic eruptions tend to destroy trees (and wheat) as well as animals.

Plant life can grown back a lot faster than a petrified body will erode. Especially as volcanic ash is so fertile.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Could be the motion blur but this doesn't look like the traditional facehugger.

Spoiler

[close]

And that ain't Cudrup!

Spoiler
[close]

I'm probably wrong though.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 08, 2017, 01:30:46 PMPlant life can grown back a lot faster than a petrified body will erode. Especially as volcanic ash is so fertile.

Yep, a Pompeii style catastrophe is not off the cards. 

Ingwar

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Mar 08, 2017, 01:54:45 PM
And that ain't Cudrup!

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
I'm 99% sure it's him.
[close]

hfeldhaus

Quote from: Ingwar on Mar 08, 2017, 03:08:35 PM
Quote from: hfeldhaus on Mar 08, 2017, 01:54:45 PM
And that ain't Cudrup!

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
I'm 99% sure it's him.
[close]

Spoiler
Yeah it is, just watched the trailer again.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed