Middle Earth: Shadow of War

Started by MoonerSK, Feb 27, 2017, 06:06:30 PM

Author
Middle Earth: Shadow of War (Read 4,339 times)

MoonerSK

MoonerSK

I assumed that was done just for the demo, to make the fights shorter.

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: MoonerSK on Mar 09, 2017, 08:33:03 AM

I hope that's the case, though it did make me think of Shadow of the Beast, which made my dick grow three sizes. The idea of a SoM sequel where every attack results in a brief but appropriate clash/deflect/kill animation without slowing down the gameplay would be incredible.

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: Sabby on Mar 09, 2017, 08:53:58 AM
Quote from: MoonerSK on Mar 09, 2017, 08:33:03 AM

I hope that's the case, though it did make me think of Shadow of the Beast, which made my dick grow three sizes. The idea of a SoM sequel where every attack results in a brief but appropriate clash/deflect/kill animation without slowing down the gameplay would be incredible.
I disagree, I think that it would be an incredibly cheap thing to do.

Sabby

Sabby

Not if the combat is designed around it, which it clearly isn't.

MoonerSK

MoonerSK

Some stuff the devs said durring a twitch stream

Quote1. There are multiple areas which are unlocked trough the Conquering of the Castle which all are bigger then the previous maps in the first game with Mission and Side Quest for each Hub, and the World will change depending on the Overlord you put in place.

2. HE has confirmed that you will be able to save you're guys from Dying, when the big guy goes down in the regular game he will be able to be patched up and most likely depending on how tough he is will have to retreat or fight further.

3. You're Followers can be given the Role of a Bodyguard and can be called on like in the Boss Battle at anytime, or they will help you in the fight if they can see you and reach you. So if you're dude isn't standing next to you and isn't a Magician or Archer he wont be able to help so easily. Maybe some will throw axes i don't know.

4. The Betrayal will work in such a way that people can start to hate some actions you take, for example Uruk 1 hates Uruk 2 and you promoted Uruks 2 so Uruk 1 is so pissed of he joins the Dark Lord again. Other ways are you leaving them behind wounded on the battlefield or retreating without them. 

5. Some Uruks will be without mind control and follow you out of either liking you or hating Sauron. 

6. There are around 20 of these Fortresses from what i could tell. 

7. Ring wraiths will be fought in game but from what i could tell only in Story they aren't a Thing in the normal world and always encountered trough Side Quest or Main Quests.

8. You're Fortress can be attacked and reclaimed

9. Drakes exist in the free world and can be used without restriction.

10. Every Uruks you have can be trained and Upgraded into different classes. There are two ways that could be done either making them a different class like turning a Beast Master into a Flame User OR upgrading a Beast Master into a sort of Beast Lord which can command bigger and better creatures, also upgrading his Gear is possible.

11. He has said since he was asked so many times that yes it was a goddamn god mode. There was infinite arrows health and Executions, also he was pretty much mid game so he had some pretty decent loot already. Oh and you know he didn't want to waste the 16 Minutes on some dude dying and tacking 16 Minutes to beat the first gate.

12. You're Fortress is improvable and the defenses are Changeable. You can recreate the entire Fortress of this Gameplay trailer, with the Oil the Drake and the Boulder Throwing Graug. A fully upgraded Castle will be much harder to take with much more Points and much more possible Warchiefs to defend the castle.

13. Talion will get his beard back. I personally liked him this more but many people asked for it.

14. Uruks weak to fire can die instantly like the Uruk in the Trailer and Uruks immune to it will be able to power trough and take part in the battle. 

15. Wounds on the Uruks are a little more detailed, they aren't just three cuts and the same Burn Mark. If a guy gets killed by a dragon ad he comes back he will look pretty f**ked up, a guy who got hit with the sword not so much. 

16. Overlords can be taken over instead of completely out in the regular game. They didn't do this in the gameplay cause they wanted to show that you can promote you're own dude instead and they change it does to the world.

17. The Balrog is an In Game Enemy, I know no shit but some people thought he was gonna be some Object thats just in Cutscenes. He is not.

18. Talion will interact with his Uruks more, besides of giving them a pat on the back for good work like with the "Nice Shot" comment he will be able to get attached to Uruks. Urks can get attached to Uruks

19. Uruks no longer have to be grabbed to be tuned like its shown in the gameplay you can do so like with regular Uruks in the first game by holding B, but only after you weaken or terrify them enough.

20. Depending on the Difference of Power you're Uruks can pretty much take care of the battle for you if you want. If you send in a Level 50 Dude against a whole Castle of 10 they can be pretty much killed without harming a single hair on you're Uruks face.

21 and last one they have said the will do further Q&A in the following weeks so stay tuned.

Sabby

Sabby

I've wanted a game where you control a horde since I was a little kid. My favourite parts of games is when I can stand back and watch in game enemies fight each other. I want to be on the ground in an RTS that isn't sterile and dull and lifeless and is actually interesting and intense to watch. This is could actually give me what I want.

Don't f**k this up WB.

Sabby

Sabby

ReluctantNerd

ReluctantNerd

While I did enjoy Shadow of Mordor and it was one of the few recent big games that I actually finished (it wasn't exactly challenging), I felt the ease of the gameplay was kind of ridiculous and the whole thing was a really bad fit for Tolkien's world.
It looks like the next one is going to be even more of the same but I'll still play it probably. It's fun to be overpowered and to unlock ever more overpowered skills but I have to side with the person who criticized the state of western gaming with its focus on stunning graphics with insta-kill, auto-heal, and button mashing to win so even I am able to beat a game over the weekend. I preferred the simple but at least slightly more realistic swordplay of Guardians of the North. And I could reference Severance as a game where some real skill with sword an bow was required to get anywhere, but that's clearly not the focus of big games such as SOM...

Sabby

Sabby

I disagree with the button mashing. SoM did a lot to circumvent that. A lot of enemies had hidden caveats you could uncover that made flailing not viable. Even the mooks had apparent invulnerabilities or strengths that needed to be worked around, like shields.

I'm not saying it was Bushido Blade, but it did a lot to get around mashing for an Arkham-like.

ReluctantNerd

ReluctantNerd

Yes possibly, I haven't played any of the Batman games yet. I certainly found SOM an enjoyable game but that "whatever button you push, something cool happens" (if that's a better description) is both a plus and a minus for me. But the whole certainly had enough personality for me to finish it. Still, I think Tolkien's world doesn't lend itself well to the focus on violence and power. I remember thinking when introduced to the main villains that the developers seem to have mistaken the franchise for a superhero franchise. The guy, the Tower I think, who's armour doesn't grow with his body leaving him in perpetual pain etc. It's not Star Wars  :laugh:

On the other hand, having watched a few minutes of the gameplay video I can't wait to play this!
(Well I can wait until it's 5 euro's on Steam)

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: ReluctantNerd on Apr 05, 2017, 03:11:14 PM
Yes possibly, I haven't played any of the Batman games yet. I certainly found SOM an enjoyable game but that "whatever button you push, something cool happens" (if that's a better description) is both a plus and a minus for me. But the whole certainly had enough personality for me to finish it. Still, I think Tolkien's world doesn't lend itself well to the focus on violence and power. I remember thinking when introduced to the main villains that the developers seem to have mistaken the franchise for a superhero franchise. The guy, the Tower I think, who's armour doesn't grow with his body leaving him in perpetual pain etc. It's not Star Wars  :laugh:

On the other hand, having watched a few minutes of the gameplay video I can't wait to play this!

I'm guessing you missed the DLC where you go 5 rounds with Sauron, then. Guy is just a normal elf, his 12 foot tall depiction in the movies is essentially a mech suit he can summon from smoke.

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: Sabby on Apr 05, 2017, 09:18:00 PM
Quote from: ReluctantNerd on Apr 05, 2017, 03:11:14 PM

I'm guessing you missed the DLC where you go 5 rounds with Sauron, then. Guy is just a normal elf, his 12 foot tall depiction in the movies is essentially a mech suit he can summon from smoke.
Sauron was no Elf, he belonged to the angelic race of Ainur and was the former chief lieutenant of Morgoth the original Dark lord.(Aka Lotr's main Satan figure)

Sabby

Sabby

And yet, he looked like a palette swap of Cerebrimbor.

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

That is because he choose that form to help conceal his true nature.

Sabby

Sabby

Still, my point was you fight Sauron in a mech suit.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed