Possible Script Breakdown *potential spoilers*

Started by goose_3387, Feb 23, 2017, 11:23:02 AM

Author
Possible Script Breakdown *potential spoilers* (Read 153,618 times)

DavidCollins

In the script, is there any true indication of the predator's brute strength? I mean i've always thought that a predator can take a hungry grizzly bear in a hand to hand combat (without the wristblades and plasma canon) or is that too much for a predator to handle?

Doomofman

Doomofman

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Apr 24, 2017, 12:26:06 PM
Quote from: Doomofman on Apr 24, 2017, 09:09:42 AM
Question for folks how have read or have access to the script.

My question regards
Spoiler
the defector predators
[close]

There are a few things I want to know if they are explained in the script, hopefully can answer some of these
Spoiler
So is there 2 of them? That was the impression I got but I don't know if anyone said it specifically. The other bit I want to know if there is an explanation for A) Why they need to go hunting at night and B) Why they are allowed go hunting at night. And lastly I suppose, do we see one of these hunts or is it just referenced?
[close]

I know I'm probably asking a bit much but hopefully someone can clarify some of that anyway

Spoiler

There are 3 defectors.2 of 'em live in the military base since almost a year, they're allowed to go out at night and hunt just because they're predators, that's just it.That's what the general explains to the main character.They don't explain why it's during the night tho.
[close]

Hmmm that's what I was curious about
Spoiler
I don't think there's ever been an indication before now that Predators NEED to hunt. Seems a bit mad that the general would let them go out and kill for sport.

Oh and lastly you didn't mention if they actually show a hunt or just reference it. I'd imagine from what you've said that it's just mentioned, just want to know for sure.
[close]

SpeedyMaxx

They do not show one.

There are
Spoiler
apparently more than three defectors, but we only see three through the course of the story.
[close]

Doomofman

Hey Speedy, another question for you on sort of the same subject

Spoiler
How do the Defectors communicate with the humans? Do they speak?
[close]

Predator_Spirit

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: Doomofman on May 02, 2017, 10:20:11 AM

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
They make pred sounds and the translation devices do the job.Like in the old Robert Rodriguez script
[close]

Doomofman

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on May 02, 2017, 10:27:41 AM
Quote from: Doomofman on May 02, 2017, 10:20:11 AM

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
They make pred sounds and the translation devices do the job.Like in the old Robert Rodriguez script
[close]

That sounds good to me, much better than more talking preds

Predator_Spirit

I don't share your opinion.

Doomofman

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on May 02, 2017, 11:44:53 AM

How would you prefer they communicate?

I wasn't a huge fan of the predator 'talking' at the end of the first movie.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Do you have the script yet, Predator_Spirit? Have you read it? I mean, if you're still fielding questions about it for me, I feel like I ought to ask. Particularly since when you hadn't read it your friend was getting all sorts of details wrong which you were passing along to other people as though they were legit.

That one you did get right though, good job.

overthere

SpeedyMaxx, why are the defectors defected? Do they interact with the normal Predator?

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 02, 2017, 03:02:42 PM
Do you have the script yet, Predator_Spirit? Have you read it? I mean, if you're still fielding questions about it for me, I feel like I ought to ask. Particularly since when you hadn't read it your friend was getting all sorts of details wrong which you were passing along to other people as though they were legit.

I'm pretty much 100 % right about all the details i've told to the other users, and I started to do it before you Speedymaxx. :laugh:
Nice try at making me look bad tho. :laugh:
You can continue to twist words Speedy and behave like a studio plant, I will continue to state the truth about that lame script.
This is the difference between you and me, I let other people decide for themselves if they like it or not.
Quote from: Doomofman on May 02, 2017, 01:38:27 PM

I would prefer to see predators not befriending with humans.And not commuNicate further than what we've seen untill 1990 in the movies.

Original Predator

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on May 02, 2017, 05:14:58 PM

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 02, 2017, 03:02:42 PM

I'm pretty much 100 % right about all the details i've told to the other users, and I started to do it before you Speedymaxx. :laugh:
Nice try at making me look bad tho. :laugh:
You can continue to twist words Speedy and behave like a studio plant, I will continue to state the truth about that lame script.
This is the difference between you and me, I let other people decide for themselves if they like it or not.
Quote from: Doomofman on May 02, 2017, 01:38:27 PM

I would prefer to see predators not befriending with humans.And not commuNicate further than what we've seen untill 1990 in the movies.

Yeah this is bad. 

I'm trying to hang in there...but this is getting worse....

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: overthere on May 02, 2017, 05:09:34 PM
SpeedyMaxx, why are the defectors defected? Do they interact with the normal Predator?

They are normal Predators AFAIK, but no. They defect
Spoiler
because they do not agree with a plan of action being enabled by the 'upgraded' Predators. They do not interact with the original 'classic' Predator seen earlier in the story.
[close]
They also do not 'befriend humans.'

Speaking of that latest claim: Predator_Spirit, just admit you both haven't read the script and don't have it, which is why you and your buddy who apparently has it made many mistakes while playing your game of telephone. Including the various instances in which you insisted I was 'lying', and then it turns out your buddy is just a bad reader.

I've tried to give you a wide berth but this is enough. If you're still going to act like I'm a "studio plant" the least you can do is admit your track record is not exactly flawless, and stop misleading people with your subjective and often inaccurate interpretation of material you do not have access to and have not read. That's dishonest and borders on trolling.

I don't care if people make up their own minds about the movie. I do care if they're being fed random pieces of confused information by someone who has not even read the script. Which you haven't. Admit it and I'll stop asking every time you post about it, or rather every time you answer posts meant for me, which is what set me off. Keep answering for me as though you've read it, and I won't stop. Your choice.

overthere

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 02, 2017, 08:58:54 PM
They are normal Predators AFAIK, and no. They defect
Spoiler
because they do not agree with a plan of action being enabled by the 'upgraded' Predators.
[close]
They do not 'befriend humans.'

I thought
Spoiler
defectors are those spider-predators, like defects. Why are spiders spiders? Different species or just didn't win the genetic lottery?
[close]

These spoiler tags feel extremely redundant as the whole thread is labeled "potential spoilers" and is about the leaked script, where spoilers are inevitable.

Predator_Spirit

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 02, 2017, 08:58:54 PM
Quote from: overthere on May 02, 2017, 05:09:34 PM

Predators.[/spoiler] They do not 'befriend humans.'

Speaking of that claim: Predator_Spirit, just admit you both haven't read the script and don't have it

The predators befriend humans, live in the base with humans, and their will is to save the humans.They all die
while trying to protect the good guys too.  ::) Are you denying these facts because it makes the script look bad ?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed