Possible Script Breakdown *potential spoilers*

Started by goose_3387, Feb 23, 2017, 11:23:02 AM

Author
Possible Script Breakdown *potential spoilers* (Read 153,422 times)

von

von

Quote from: Lotus on Feb 23, 2017, 12:16:31 PM
Spoiler
Spider 3 legs Predator
[close]
,I won't take it true script yet but reading it still.....

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-BwjLcqImG2E/VNMaCCPw-vI/AAAAAAAABXc/dG8L1fZupOg/w260-h146/fsnyd%2B%25281%2529.gif

Spoiler
Lol that sounds weird from the way it's described, yes! I'll just see them as a spider-like alien creature used by predators to hunt. Doesn't mean they'll have mandibles or predator DNA.
[close]

Master

SPOILER TAGS!

von

Quote from: Master on Feb 23, 2017, 12:24:05 PM
SPOILER TAGS!
Fixed! My bad! Got carried away

Master

Cool.

Spoiler
I really hope it's not true, with legion of captured Preds and Predator--Engineer. Seriously every cool alien has to be human variation?
[close]

Johnny Handsome

I just want to know one thing, if it's even included in the synopsis:

Spoiler
Is the Predator 2.0 version created by humans?
[close]

If someone could answer me that (without further details), would be very nice.

von

von

Quote from: Master on Feb 23, 2017, 12:31:33 PM
Cool.

Spoiler
I really hope it's not true, with legion of captured Preds and Predator--Engineer. Seriously every cool alien has to be human variation?
[close]
Spoiler
now that you mentioned it, Upgrade does sound like a Predator Engineer. I got reminded of Lockdown from Transformers

What are your thoughts on Predators collecting human DNA for genetic enhancement?
[close]

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Feb 23, 2017, 12:36:06 PM
I just want to know one thing, if it's even included in the synopsis:

Spoiler
Is the Predator 2.0 version created by humans?
[close]

If someone could answer me that (without further details), would be very nice.

No, but I can direct you to another franchise for an idea of what it sounds like to us

Master

Master

Read ahead Johnny

Spoiler
Predator 2.0 seems to 'feed' on human DNA , but is not created by human.
[close]

@Von

Spoiler
I don't like it.  It's Super Predator all over again. I'm  also not fond of making Predator an invasion franchise. Seriously we've got like 1000 alien invasion feanchise and one Predator. Why change something unique into main stream pulp?[/spoiler
[close]

Corporal Hicks

If it is legitimate, it's likely from the same source that Splash Report's details came from so it's likely an older draft.

Infected

I kinda like the idea the predator plays dead and wakes up inside the hidden human facility.
Seems ok to me for now.

von

von

Quote from: Master on Feb 23, 2017, 12:40:38 PM
@Von

Spoiler
I don't like it.  It's Super Predator all over again. I'm  also not fond of making Predator an invasion franchise. Seriously we've got like 1000 alien invasion feanchise and one Predator. Why change something unique into main stream pulp?
[close]
Spoiler
To me, it answers the question of why they keep returning to Earth to hunt. I hear you about the invasion aspect, and you've got a point. I just hope this film will spawn even more films. I really want to see one based on Bad Blood. There are elements of it in the latest leaked synopsis though.
[close]

So can we leave out the spoiler tags now that a separate thread has been made?

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: greygoose on Feb 23, 2017, 11:23:02 AM
Potential script overview from a source that said he had a source. I know nothing of it so it could all be false but it's worth a read anyway. Mods feel free to delete if it causes any problems.

Spoiler
- Steve McKenna and his US special forces squad are in Cuba with orders to eliminate some drug

lord and free the hostages. Suddenly an escape pod falls from the skies. The squad finds and

unconscious Predator there and McKenna quickly expropriates helmet and weapon as evidence of an

alien contact. They see a CIA chopper headin' to their location, McKenna runs away. Predator's

up and kills USSF men then gets cought by CIA. McKenna mails the items to his storage cell

right before gettin' cought as well. Because McKenna didn't pay for the storage the items are

sent to the adress... where we meet his ex-wife and autistic son Robie. Of course little fella

is a linguistic genius and bein' bullied at school.
- Casey (Munn's scientist character) is sent to a secret CIA base where Predator's held

captive. While studying Predator's biology she learns that he was easily caught and that the

base stores a lot of alien weaponry (from previous movies). Too late tho.
- Meanwhile... McKenna is bein' transported to a madhouse with six other ex-soldiers via bus

when guards are ordered to deliver him to the very same "secret" base for more questioning

(what the hell?). They arrive just in time for the Predator's break out and McKenna uses the

moment to escape. With the support of other prisoners he rescues Casey and they all make it to

the chopper ("get to the chopper" line drop).
- Meanwhile... Robie examines the items, "hacks" them and learn alien language. This starts a

chain of events which resulted in another Predator comin' to Earth (he's called "Upgrade" in

the script). He's three meters tall and looks more like humna than classic Predators. He needs

an those items.
- McKenna & co make it to his son just in time to save him from both Predators.
- When Upgrade and runaway Predator first meet face to face the tall one kills the other with one blow.
- Upgrade is some kind of an intergalactic assassin. His task is to kill dissident Predators

who are hiding on Earth in Area 52 and work for the organization which protects it from aliens

(umm... seriously?).

- Closer to the end our heroes find Upgrade's "hidden" ship in Florida (it was stolen from him

by dissident Predator). Soon the ship's owner arives, releases a bunch of hybrids (three-legged

Predators, spider Predators, etc) and they go to attack Area 52 (on foot... go figure). McKenna

& co fly ahead and after a brief exposition get explained that there's urgent need to bring the

rest of dissident Predators to the very same ship. From there they use cars for transportation

(movie logic).

What to expect:

- Robi puts on Predator's mask / shoulder canon and decides to walk the the streets in the midst of Halloween. He stumbles on school bullies, one of them throws an apple at him which Predator tech automatically perceive as an attack... with corresponding consequences.
- Yes, it's a Halloween movie instead of Black's usual Christmas Eve.

- More Predator dogs. One of them gets an "accidental lobotomy", becomes friendly, helps the heroes and overall very cute (because we gotta sell toys).

- Obligatory "Robie drivin' the alien ship" scenes.

- Predator-kidnapper

- Predator is forced to use a machine gun (unmade AvP movie reference).

- Lots of references, line drops and easter eggs.

- Predators actually take spinal cord to collect human DNA and inject it into themselves in order to become stronger (because hunting trophies is sooo last century, right?)

- There's a Dutch cameo but the scene can be easy cut from the story and the character can be easily replaced with Glover's or Baldwin's characters from P2.
[close]

Good lord why.

f**k. Fans of these franchise just cant have a break.
Its like we have been trapped in a losing simulator since 2004.

Lotus

Quote from: von on Feb 23, 2017, 12:21:58 PM
Quote from: Lotus on Feb 23, 2017, 12:16:31 PM
Spoiler
Spider 3 legs Predator
[close]
,I won't take it true script yet but reading it still.....

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-BwjLcqImG2E/VNMaCCPw-vI/AAAAAAAABXc/dG8L1fZupOg/w260-h146/fsnyd%2B%25281%2529.gif

Spoiler
Lol that sounds weird from the way it's described, yes! I'll just see them as a spider-like alien creature used by predators to hunt. Doesn't mean they'll have mandibles or predator DNA.
[close]

Anytime.
Spoiler

[close]

goose_3387

It's an overview of the April 2016 version of the script (133 pages), so they had half a year to edit it in some way (if at all).

skhellter

so basically.. the film is just

PREDATOR WRESTLEMANIA 2018!11

sure.. why not. Looking forward to it. :laugh:

walker31

Wow....just when I thought the 4 armed-Goro looking predator from the Predators comic was stupid, this just took that to a whole new level of off the rails.  No wonder no respectable mainstream actor will touch this thing!  And, you guys keep assuming this is an old script and they will fix it, but remember that Predators early script leak was 90% true.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed