Possible Script Breakdown *potential spoilers*

Started by goose_3387, Feb 23, 2017, 11:23:02 AM

Author
Possible Script Breakdown *potential spoilers* (Read 153,423 times)

black

I'm generally scared to imagine a predator with a human face and mandibles, and I've already hardly reconciled myself to the Super Predators.

Username-Unavailable

Username-Unavailable

Yeah, I don't know why this stupid thing isn't just a Super Predator. At least the Super Predators kind of have a few fans, some people have warmed up to them since the film's release. It feels like they're ignoring Predators...just to put the exact same stupid thing Predators had in it but somehow even more stupid. Maybe they just want a Predator-Type thing that can fight an Engineer in the comic books since the Engineers are kind of an Alien-Type thing?

It doesn't speak well of this story decisions being made for this movie.

Also the human face things sounds breathtakingly dumb. I hope someone was around to take Black aside one day to tell him "look, you can't do this shit, it's going to be f**king ridiculous" and then made him stand in the corner until he relented.

Master

It`s more of human eyes then face to be precise.

Username-Unavailable

Quote from: Master on Nov 30, 2017, 07:39:43 AM
It`s more of human eyes then face to be precise.

Okay, that's slightly better. I thought Shane was channeling the early versions of the original Predator script when the Predator was revealed to have a human face in a "shocking twist".

I still think, from what I'm seeing described here, that the Upgrade is being massively overdone. Like the part where he
Spoiler
supposedly rips out a classic Predator's spine and tears another one in half
[close]
. It's like the most shallow, simplistic way to establish Upgrade as the new, badass, totally uber awesome antagonist for the film. "You know that Predator from the first movie? Well guess what? He's f**king SHIT compared to our awesome new suped up version of the character! Everything else that came before in this series was totally f**king garbage compared to our awesome new creation! We've saved the Predator franchise, yay!" It's off putting on multiple levels, not just as someone who likes the first two Predator movies (the first one more, obviously) but because it's a plot point that, one again, feels like something the Strauss Brothers would come up with.

Master

Spoiler
Human eyes were described in script. He kills all Predator with one shot/blow and can withstand plasmacaster shots on bare skin.
[close]

BigDaddyJohn

Honestly, i think
Spoiler
a predator with human eyes can be uncanny but in a good way.
It can be unsettling in close shots, which is good.
[close]

Xan21

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom has INDORAPTORSSSS... HAVE FUN!

Master

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Nov 30, 2017, 01:53:02 PM
Honestly, i think
Spoiler
[close]

Watch first AvP, it has exactly that.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Master on Nov 30, 2017, 09:39:13 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Nov 30, 2017, 01:53:02 PM
Honestly, i think
Spoiler
[close]

Watch first AvP, it has exactly that.

True, but i just hope it will be better.

happypred

I sensed genuine love in Scar's gaze

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: happypred on Dec 01, 2017, 11:26:47 AM
I sensed genuine love in Scar's gaze

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I'm dying

black

I have one question. Why does the script mention shurikens if this is an avp theme?

BigDaddyJohn

It was more some kind of
Spoiler
arrows
[close]
IIRC right ?

black

No. It's shurikens.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: black on Dec 03, 2017, 02:30:13 PM
No. It's shurikens.

I swear to god what i read mentioned some projectile arrowsbut maybe it's a different version.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed