IMAX Release

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 23, 2017, 11:44:49 AM

Author
IMAX Release (Read 2,362 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

QuoteWelcome to the Covenant. #AlienCovenant in cinemas & IMAX May.

https://twitter.com/20CenturyFoxUK/status/834670276524855296

I don't think they've mentioned an IMAX release yet?

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

It's IMAX or bust... is this going to be in 3D or what though?

Anthony

Anthony

Probably 2D, which is fine by me. It's so rare to see a big budget film in 2D IMAX (Logan IMAX hype!).

CainsSon

CainsSon

Awesome. I suddenly miss working as a projectionist for IMAX. Even though they paid dirt.

Samus007

Samus007

Oh I hope the same applies for the US. I heard from my local IMAX that they are pretty sure it wont be on the IMAX screen here because of Guardians of the Galaxy gets the screen up till Pirates 5. Alien is in-between those movies.

Anthony

Anthony

Quote from: Samus007 on Feb 23, 2017, 08:37:34 PM
Oh I hope the same applies for the US. I heard from my local IMAX that they are pretty sure it wont be on the IMAX screen here because of Guardians of the Galaxy gets the screen up till Pirates 5. Alien is in-between those movies.

Could be that Alien will get it in between Guardians and Pirates. Sometimes films get IMAX releases for one week.

Samus007

Samus007

Quote from: Anthony on Feb 23, 2017, 08:39:33 PM
Quote from: Samus007 on Feb 23, 2017, 08:37:34 PM

Could be that Alien will get it in between Guardians and Pirates. Sometimes films get IMAX releases for one week.

Hope that ends up being the case.

Richman678

Richman678

I would actually like to see this released in 3D.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Richman678 on Feb 23, 2017, 09:08:23 PM
I would actually like to see this released in 3D.

Same here mate, not to mention watching it in 3D in my home on blu-ray.

I have no source unfortunately, but I'm certain I read that AC was being shot in 3D.

Anthony

Anthony

Also, I've mentioned this before, but the IMAX twitter account was following the US Alien Anthology account before this tweet came out. So it probably will get a release in the US.

There's also this tweet from January: https://twitter.com/drptbe/status/755274185258127361

SenseOfDoubt

SenseOfDoubt

After filming Prometheus, Ridley said he'd never go back to 2D, and for what it's worth, IMDB (yeah, l know) states 3D in the tech specs. Most of the scenes in the trailer look like they're set up for 3D... angle, lighting, focus etc. I'd be surprised if it wasn't.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

So odds are it'll be in 3D?

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: SenseOfDoubt on Feb 24, 2017, 01:03:45 AM
After filming Prometheus, Ridley said he'd never go back to 2D, and for what it's worth, IMDB (yeah, l know) states 3D in the tech specs. Most of the scenes in the trailer look like they're set up for 3D... angle, lighting, focus etc. I'd be surprised if it wasn't.
I've yet to get people's obsession with 3D. I'll take good old 2D over it any day.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Thought this was always presumed? To see it in writing anyway is nice. Anyway...Don't take this for granted.

An IMAX Alien film. All my hopes and dreams as a child are true. All I've ever wanted was for Alien to be told "you matter."

This is an affirmation of that. Alien, you matter. You're among the big boys officially.

I remember being so annoyed these interim years. Oh yeah Batman fans get Chris Nolan? Cool, us Alien fans get these two fat yokels! Ah, X-Men gets $100mm budget? Sweet, we get a nickel and gum! Oh wait finally Ridley's coming back to Al-! Oh. False alarm. And now? Finally.

Ridley. Big budget. IMAX.

Bask in it, fellow fans. Be awake to it. Be awake to this. Watch Covenant twice so we get more. 

SuicideDoors

SuicideDoors

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Feb 24, 2017, 06:27:22 AM
Thought this was always presumed? To see it in writing anyway is nice. Anyway...Don't take this for granted.

An IMAX Alien film. All my hopes and dreams as a child are true. All I've ever wanted was for Alien to be told "you matter."

This is an affirmation of that. Alien, you matter. You're among the big boys officially.

I remember being so annoyed these interim years. Oh yeah Batman fans get Chris Nolan? Cool, us Alien fans get these two fat yokels! Ah, X-Men gets $100mm budget? Sweet, we get a nickel and gum! Oh wait finally Ridley's coming back to Al-! Oh. False alarm. And now? Finally.

Ridley. Big budget. IMAX.

Bask in it, fellow fans. Be awake to it. Be awake to this. Watch Covenant twice so we get more. 

I think this is the second time in as many days, but yeah once again, what this man said.

Hugely looking forward to seeing this very first showing at the BFI IMAX in London, nothing shall stop me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed