Super7 Kenner A L I E N "Aliens" style Warriors

Started by alienscollection.com, Feb 18, 2017, 05:49:58 PM

Author
Super7 Kenner A L I E N "Aliens" style Warriors (Read 5,639 times)

windebieste

Super 7 has posted comparison photos of the new figure.

Looks good to me.

I've also updated the HIDEOUS PLASTIC Gallery as appropriate.  You'll find it at the bottom of the page, Specimen No.11.

-Windebieste.

BonesawT101

I really like this. Im longing to pick up the original toy but just cant pick up a decent one at a half decent price. This could tide me over though.

windebieste

It is super cool.  The Super 7 figures will be US$195 each. 

All the same, it is possible to pick up a half decent Kenner figure, give it a good clean and tidy it up for much less than that.   They can be made to display extremely well.

-Windebieste.

BonesawT101

If only I were as resourceful as you winde then I'd attempt such a refurbishment. Sigh  :-[ someday I WILL  get one of the kenner Alien toys to display.

windebieste

This item is now available from their online store. 

I pre-ordered mine some time back and once I have it in hand, I'll be reviewing it.

...and yes, it's receiving an entry into the book due its intimate association with the original Kenner item.

I'm seriously looking forward to having this fellow arrive.  CAN'T WAIT!  ;)

-Windebieste.

windebieste

Too awesome, huh. More details here.

-Windebieste.

BonesawT101

;D looks great! Can't wait for the review!

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

I'm watching that gif loop and thinking, "stop doing that! You'll wear out the elastic!  :D

Quote from: windebieste on Mar 09, 2017, 04:18:47 AM
it is possible to pick up a half decent Kenner figure, give it a good clean and tidy it up for much less than that.   They can be made to display extremely well.

This is nice to hear. Long sad story, but at the heart of it, 8 year-old me spent an entire afternoon staring at three Kenner ALIENs in Zeller's toy dept back in 1979. They were $19.99 each.  :'(

windebieste

windebieste

They were eventually discounted to under US$10 to clear unwanted stock. 

Here's a page from an old Australian sales catalog, circa 1980:

Figure and board game for under $20. ...if only.  lol.

Each of these figures are completely reconditioned.  They look (near) new:

I've become adept at restoring these things now.  :)

[EDiT] I've posted this elsewhere on the forum but also adding it here won't hurt.

Only 10 hours remains if you want to snag a 30% discount on the HIDEOUS PLASTIC KickStarter Early Bird Pledge. 10 hours, that is, if you live in Australia.  The rest of the World is not far behind.   Once this Reward Tier has expired, the campaign will still continue for another 30 days but this Reward will no longer be available.

Now, if the world was flat, time zone issues wouldn't be a problem, would they?  ;)

-Windebieste.

windebieste

Look what arrived in the mail today.  Gee... I wonder what could be inside the mailer box?  Maybe it's a motorbike, or something..?  ???

I'll be prepping the review for this oversized piece of ugliness on the weekend.  Looking forward to cracking this box open - in more ways than one.   8)

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Is it out already?!

windebieste

windebieste

Yep - it's now available and I've got one in hand right now.  The review will be up tomorrow - it will be the first of 2 articles I'll be writing about this item.  It is cool.

I've updated the Gallery page on HIDEOUS PLASTIC and added 45 new images of the figure.  This will be the first of 3 updates for the figure.

Review will be up tomorrow. 

An in depth analysis and comparison with the original Kenner figure coming soon after that. 

So, lots of good fun stuff coming.

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

I'm looking forward to it. Quite curious about this one.

windebieste

It is indeed a curiosity. 

Review is now up.

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Thanks for the review. Looks great. I'm really tempted by this one but I think it's a little more than I'm willing to spend.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed