Ridley Scott, Danny McBride & Michael Fassbender to Attend SXSW 2017!!!

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Feb 16, 2017, 05:47:58 PM

Hearing the positive reactions @SXSW how excited are you NOW!!

Super pumped!!
37 (67.3%)
Okay just a little bit more.
7 (12.7%)
Nah still hasn't moved me.
11 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Author
Ridley Scott, Danny McBride & Michael Fassbender to Attend SXSW 2017!!! (Read 35,182 times)

cliffhanger

Not entirely sure about all of that, but that's more due to the various scripts and stories being re-written and changed.

For example, the original working title for Covenant was Paradise Lost, iirc.
it then became: Alien : Paradise iirc, and then Alien : Covenant.

meanwhile, i remember that Alien 5 - obviously AFTER the Alien 1 and 2 events - got 'rewritten' or put on hold due to Ridley's plans with the franchise.

So i wouldn't be surprised if some stuff got mixed in between all of this.

more interestingly though, is that though i don't like the idea that David would be given a too big of a role in the franchise and we'd turn the franchise more away from the xeno into the android, in regarding the obvious fact that David as said by Weyland, 'does not age, and will never die'.
Theoretically, this means that David could actually be used in a story hundreds of years after prometheus' events.

As in, david could potentially be put into a sequal by ridley that is a sequel to the original 2 movies......

again, not the biggest fan of that idea, but it is oddly enough possible, as long as david doesn't get damaged beyond repair.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: cliffhanger on Mar 11, 2017, 04:29:58 PM
Not entirely sure about all of that, but that's more due to the various scripts and stories being re-written and changed.

For example, the original working title for Covenant was Paradise Lost, iirc.
it then became: Alien : Paradise iirc, and then Alien : Covenant.

That's par the course for most films though. Prometheus started out as Untitiled Alien Prequel then became Alien: LV-426, then Alien: Genesis, then Alien: Origins, then Alien: Engineers, then Alien: Zero and finally Prometheus. But it was always intended to be set before Alien.

Quotemeanwhile, i remember that Alien 5 - obviously AFTER the Alien 1 and 2 events - got 'rewritten' or put on hold due to Ridley's plans with the franchise.

It was put on hold but only one minor script change was requested by Ridley.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Very good to see they aren't going the route where Waterston is Ripley's mom. However, this BS with David somehow fabricating these eggs without explanation is terribly weak.

They could at least show him using the black goo on the spores or something. Also, where is David getting the specimens to make these "failed" creatures? Is he inbreeding them?

Once again, my problem with this Prometheus mythology is they need to explain exactly what this black Goo is and does. Right now it's just a deus ex machina and it's ruining the realism angle for me. I'm surprised no one else is bothered by this TBH.

Darth Vile

Circa 15 minutes a film does not make... however, it's better that the feedback is positive...

Dangerous Days

Dangerous Days

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 11, 2017, 04:20:29 PM
Quote from: Dangerous Days on Mar 11, 2017, 12:16:35 PM
Needing more hosts for his creations, David lures the Covenant, by using a communication beacon Shaw recovered from Vickers life boat, before leaving LV-223.

Because the company thinks the SOS is from the Prometheus, its rated as high priority. And the Covenant is then redirected, Nostromo style, to investigate.

Spoiler
Apparently it's a garbled holo-recording originating from the crashed derelict that the Covenant receives. When McBride finally manages to decipher it, it turns out to be a hologram of a sick-looking Shaw singing a creepy/eerie song.
[close]

I guess you could explain it away with her going stir crazy or delirious from sickness. But If that's true, it would certainly be inconsistent to Shaw's behaviour from Prometheus. After all, she was willing to sacrifice everything to stop the black goo from getting to earth and even left a warning message to stay away from LV-223. So knowing Paradise is contaminated with the stuff, why would she risk bringing other humans there and spreading the infection back to earth?

That's why it made more sense to me, that it was David.

Quote from: rabidranger on Mar 11, 2017, 03:59:33 PM

Interesting thought on humans being created merely as hosts for the alien. How would that relate to the idea raised in Prometheus that the Engineers were preparing to destroy humanity? Also seems like there's a possible religious component.

By dumping the black goo on earth they would be wiping us out and replacing us with the creature. As David said – 'Sometimes to create, you have to destroy.'

Correct me if I'm wrong? - But didn't RS once say he saw the Alien as a planet cleaner? - You dump it on a planet somewhere and it wipes out the indigenous species, so you can start over again.

I also remember one interview with Lindelof and Spaihts suggesting the earth is maybe little more than a petri dish to the Engineers. Maybe they were just cultivating us to be hosts?

As for the religious reasons. I think the whole 'Space Jesus' thing was always meant as a joke. It was certainly meant as a joke by Holloways character in Spaihts original Alien: Engineers script.

I do remember RS mentioning the rise of the Roman Empire as another potential reason. The Engineers feeling we were growing out of their control, worried as we became more technologically advanced, that we may rise up to threaten them.

The truth is Prometheus is so ambiguous on this point, that unless we get a definitive answer in the coming movies, then it will always be left open to fan speculation. Maybe that is what RS always intended?

Denton Smalls

The problem that should have been obvious to Ridley Scott is that if the Aliens are meant to "clean up" planets of all the indigenous life...how are the Engineers supposed to start over considering they would be in worse shape than before with all the Aliens running around?

Dangerous Days

Dangerous Days

Quote from: Denton Smalls on Mar 11, 2017, 06:27:37 PM
The problem that should have been obvious to Ridley Scott is that if the Aliens are meant to "clean up" planets of all the indigenous life...how are the Engineers supposed to start over considering they would be in worse shape than before with all the Aliens running around?

Didn't RS always like the idea of the Alien having a short lifespan?

So I guess if that were the case, then it would just die out after it had done its thing and the eggs would go into hibernation without anymore hosts to infect.

The Engineers move in and remove the eggs and start over again.

Corporal Hicks

XenoHunter99

There you have it. The android made the alien.  ::)

zoidy

Denton Smalls

Quote from: Dangerous Days on Mar 11, 2017, 06:39:32 PM
Quote from: Denton Smalls on Mar 11, 2017, 06:27:37 PM

Didn't RS always like the idea of the Alien having a short life span?

So I guess if that were the case, then it would just die out after it had done its thing and the eggs would go into hibernation without anymore hosts to infect.

The Engineers move in and remove the eggs and start over again.

I like the idea of the short life span, that does help.

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: Infected on Mar 11, 2017, 12:25:16 PM
Quote from: cliffhanger on Mar 11, 2017, 12:02:50 PM

that would look like a neomorph facehugger to me!
also, PLEASE tell me those 12 minutes of footage is available somehow!

and....that Fassbender quote about half-german was awesome
I thought neomorphs are injected through spores
They are, he must have been confused.

Ultramorph

Waiting for the clips to leak online...

Corporal Hicks

Spoiler
QuoteSo far, the clips all showed beats familiar to fans of the long-running scifi horror series, however, the third one harbored the most morbid twist. In it, we saw Captain Oram talking to an android played by Michael Fassbender. However, this wasn't the newly revealed Walter model. It's David, the android last seen in Prometheus, who explained to Oram that he's become something of an amateur zoologist. As the camera lingered on dissected specimens, David revealed he's been studying the xenomorph. He explained that he's mapped how insectoid carriers burst from spores to infect hosts and create hybrid lifeforms. Davis spoke admirably about the adaptive qualities of the xenon as he led Oram to a subterranean chamber filled with the iconic Alien egg sacs. Oram asked about the status of these sacs and David replied that they're "waiting for mother" and assuring the human they're "perfectly safe, I assure you." The flaps of one sac opened, showing motion behind a cloudy membrane. Oram leaned over the opening to peer inside and a face-hugger leapt onto his head. David watched impassively as Oram struggled and died.
[close]

http://io9.gizmodo.com/we-ve-seen-at-least-one-very-grim-secret-at-the-heart-o-1793188750

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed