Will the Neomorphs/Protomorph have acid blood?

Started by FreeFacehugz, Feb 16, 2017, 02:24:24 PM

Author
Will the Neomorphs/Protomorph have acid blood? (Read 2,866 times)

FreeFacehugz

Are we gonna see some face melting action or even a weaker acidic like version in Covenant?

Richman678

If I remember right the Hammerpede in Prometheus had acid for blood too. Therefore I am going to say yes.

Infected

What if they have white blood ;)

cliffhanger

Indeed, the hammerpede had acidic blood which sprayed in fifield's face. so yes, it will definately have acidic blood.

motherfather

motherfather

The black goo in Prometheus also melted the helmet Fifield was wearing after he fell face first into a pool of goo. Which unfortunately raises the question, was the acid for blood property naturally occurring in any creatures and extracted and harvested into a black goo cocktail, or was it put into creatures, or manipulated DNA-wise, and enhanced/increased in potency?

I'd like to think the acid for blood is a naturally occuring phenomenon and the maximum involvement David has if we have to put up with him as Dr Frankenstein, is super-concentrating its potency.

Anyway, yep, I think acid for blood will be present in the creatures, although I'm hoping we see some other type of defence mechanism also. I suppose paralysis mechanisms might be interesting if the spikes are poisonous. I'm done with putrefying, dissolving or transforming mechanisms though. I want something else.

CainsSon

In some of the concept art from PROMETHEUS, which Carlos Huante worked on, that we are assuming the NEOMORPH was based on - one of those images depicted an 'ACID BALL' that comes out of the mouth before the jaw becomes unhinged.

See 3a. Here:

I was thinknig this could be cool if the Neomorph sorta regurgitates this 'ACID BUBBLE' from its mouth when it reaches the surface of its victims flesh, and bursts it, so that the acid eats into the victims flesh, creating a point of entry for the secondary jaw to enter and pull out the victims insides, like a vinegaroon, for instance.

FreeFacehugz

Quote from: CainsSon on Feb 17, 2017, 05:47:07 AM
In some of the concept art from PROMETHEUS, which Carlos Huante worked on, that we are assuming the NEOMORPH was based on - one of those images depicted an 'ACID BALL' that comes out of the mouth before the jaw becomes unhinged.

See 3a. Here:

I was thinknig this could be cool if the Neomorph sorta regurgitates this 'ACID BUBBLE' from its mouth when it reaches the surface of its victims flesh, and bursts it, so that the acid eats into the victims flesh, creating a point of entry for the secondary jaw to enter and pull out the victims insides, like a vinegaroon, for instance.

Well thats just lovely :-X

Richman678

Quote from: motherfather on Feb 16, 2017, 10:01:44 PM
The black goo in Prometheus also melted the helmet Fifield was wearing after he fell face first into a pool of goo. Which unfortunately raises the question, was the acid for blood property naturally occurring in any creatures and extracted and harvested into a black goo cocktail, or was it put into creatures, or manipulated DNA-wise, and enhanced/increased in potency?

I'd like to think the acid for blood is a naturally occuring phenomenon and the maximum involvement David has if we have to put up with him as Dr Frankenstein, is super-concentrating its potency.

Anyway, yep, I think acid for blood will be present in the creatures, although I'm hoping we see some other type of defence mechanism also. I suppose paralysis mechanisms might be interesting if the spikes are poisonous. I'm done with putrefying, dissolving or transforming mechanisms though. I want something else.

I thought Fifield cut the Hammerpede in half spraying his helmet with acid causing him to fall down in the black goo. Then when he stood up the helmet melted on his face, but I think it was intended that the original acid spray is what caused that.

That being said after the Hammerpede was cut it re-grew itself. So would a trait of the worms carried into the lair cause that, or is this another trait of something created from black goo.

Which of course leads to the question if Humans are a product of an Engineer drinking black goo and being re-assembled on Earth.....then why don't humans have acid for blood?

cliffhanger

obviously it was a different goo. it cannot be the same anyway, as the engineer that drank the stuff literally fell apart. ok, he drank quite a good bunch of it, but still, he did not transform. he literally fell into pieces and was flushed away through the rivers.

Richman678

Quote from: cliffhanger on Feb 17, 2017, 01:29:16 PM
obviously it was a different goo. it cannot be the same anyway, as the engineer that drank the stuff literally fell apart. ok, he drank quite a good bunch of it, but still, he did not transform. he literally fell into pieces and was flushed away through the rivers.

Wait there's 2 different Black Goo's?

I've always thought that it was the amount of Black Goo that reflects how fast the change happens. Meaning The Engineer drinks a whole shot glass of it, and immediately turns. Holloway has only a drop, and that's why it takes a while before he starts to turn.

Of course none of this explains what happened to Fifield , but I believe that was done in a re-shoot...and stupid Lindeloff's idea.

However, if there is a 2nd black goo......I dont know how I feel about that. Mostly negative in terms of can Prometheus actually irritate me any more?

CainsSon

Quote from: Richman678 on Feb 17, 2017, 03:02:20 PM

I've always thought that it was the amount of Black Goo that reflects how fast the change happens. Meaning The Engineer drinks a whole shot glass of it, and immediately turns. Holloway has only a drop, and that's why it takes a while before he starts to turn.

Of course none of this explains what happened to Fifield , but I believe that was done in a re-shoot...and stupid Lindeloff's idea.

However, if there is a 2nd black goo......I dont know how I feel about that. Mostly negative in terms of can Prometheus actually irritate me any more?

I don't think that's the difference. I think the difference is in HOW the Black Goo is ingested. Fifield fell into a puddle of it, which is different than drinking a jar of it, and being inseminated by someone infected by it. I don't know that there were supposed to be 2 strains. Although I would argue that a technology or creation of something like the Black goo sorta insinuates that other things LIKE it, or earlier strains of it would exist. And the other goo in the film sorta confirms that, the Engineers use this type of stuff to do many things?
Thats my take on it anyway. But whether we'll see more of these other things in ALIEN COVENANT, is in the air. Personally, I wasn't againt it and hope the shift toward ALIEN isn't too forced. However, keeping the Engineers in the dark if we like the direction moving forward is fine with me as well. Goo isn't bad in my opinion. Exactly what it does though, IMO needs to be answered directly.

motherfather

motherfather

I just had a thought about the leaked black goo in the ampule room. It literally leaked/effervesced/burned its way out of the pods and out of the ampules that contained it, to form in pools on the floor.

So the black goo must be able to have some basic dissolving properties anyway even on skin contact, never mind ingestion.

Warring tribes used to (and still do) decant venom and poisonous secretions from various animals and coat their arrow heads with it. Given that toxic defence mechanisms happen so often in nature, I wholeheartedly believe the acid for blood property comes naturally from the evolution of neo/protomorphs/facehuggers/xenos and not direftly from Engineers/David as Dr Frankenstein.

CainsSon

Quote from: motherfather on Feb 17, 2017, 07:17:25 PM
I just had a thought about the leaked black goo in the ampule room. It literally leaked/effervesced/burned its way out of the pods and out of the ampules that contained it, to form in pools on the floor.

So the black goo must be able to have some basic dissolving properties anyway even on skin contact, never mind ingestion.

Warring tribes used to (and still do) decant venom and poisonous secretions from various animals and coat their arrow heads with it. Given that toxic defence mechanisms happen so often in nature, I wholeheartedly believe the acid for blood property comes naturally from the evolution of neo/protomorphs/facehuggers/xenos and not direftly from Engineers/David as Dr Frankenstein.

Hmmm. I think that they tried to explain this in the film, as having something to do with disturbing the stasis in the room after so many years of having the same seal - I know this is a real possibility but I cant lie I have no understanding of the science behind it. Also dealing with alien biology makes it hard to really say THIS or THAT is exactly what happened, since they never explain the makeup of the stuff.

cliffhanger

Quote from: Richman678 on Feb 17, 2017, 03:02:20 PM

yeah it's true that the 'reshoot' caused some disturbance, but still you'll have to keep it in mind as 'canon', even if that makes it even the more confusing.
If you analyze it, it really is confusing.

Engineer drinks a good cup of black goo.
Engineer has the exact DNA as humans [ as weird as that is ] so essentially, we're the same. Engineer is bigger and stronger though. Engineer disintegrates in a matter of what, seconds? you see veins turning black, skin falling off, the wind blows him to pieces, bones break, and adios there he goes.
Then suddenly, we see red bloodcells and a living planet, which tries to imply that him drinking that stuff resulted in a planet of vivid lifeforms, earth seeded through a engineer sacrificing itself? I personally actually dont believe that it was earth but that's a different story alltogether.

So which events do we have that show effects with black goo?

Hollway indeed 'only' gets a drop, and you can see it has effect on him, he's 'sick'. There some stuff to take into account though. He sees in his eye that there's a tiny worm-like thing crawling in his eye. he is sweaty, gets worse and worse. he then needs medical attention but prefers to get burnt to a crisp.
end of holloway. the only examples of 'drinking' the same material. this is however not where it ends.
Dr holloway's black goo poisening also affected his sperm and then this ubermutatedsperm was able to impregnate an unfurtile woman ( not sure if i recall correctly that she probably had no uterus? ). and grows a horrible trilobite squidward facehugger-like being that essentially is a creature meant to kill, and that creature then will create another creature tha is meant to kill.

in other words, we get 2 different results from the same material through comparable 'ingestion'.
1 creates a seed of life that destroys its drinker but then creates a wonderfull, happy joyful planet full of green, cuteness, and intelligence, and creatures capable of love.

but then, we see that when somebody else drinks it, it brings only darkness and morbid destruction, a being that the engineer even feared (and caused its death). There is no way that the trilobite and deacon are ever able to bring a planet full of green and happiness.

it thus makes no sense if it is the same material.
Shaw concludes that they 'were so wrong' about it all and that it is a bioweapon facility and that it only brings death.

what more examples of the black goo do we see that supports this?

Well, when the black goo oozes out of the vases on the floor, we see a couple of worms (lets ignore the idiocy there, a sterile environment that has worms which must be over 2000 years old? no. no. no. no) that come in contact with the black goo.

This then turns the worms into visciously hostile snakedick creatures, that grab on to its victim, and kills it. It has acidic blood and it shoots itself into the mouth of its victim. what it does then? we never see. Would it be comparable to a facehugger/trilobite in laying an embryo? is it entering the victim to eat it from the inside out? dunno. it is in no case a good thing.

in staying with this incident, we get to the point where fifield gets his helmet damaged by the acidic spray when he cuts the hammerpede in half, which melts his visor onto his face (must have been really really bad) and he falls into the black goo.

the black goo then somehow, without it being digested, comes in contact with fifield in some sort of manner - he was wearing gloves and a suit, so skin contact would be a bit odd but let's assume his face touches the material somehow and then it is able to 'poisen' him.

what happens to fifield? does he fall apart and create bright flowers trees and sheeps and cows?
nope. he mutates, transforms, into a being that looks really a lot like its shaping into the same physical characteristics of an alien or deacon.
does it cuddle and help build a better world? nope, it gruesomely murders the humans around it.

again, not happily ever after material.

which ultimately brings us again to the clear truth: the black goo that we see during the developments of the prometheus crew excursion,
is of destructive nature and intent.

the black goo that we see at the beginning of the movie suggests it has 'creating' nature and intent.

so it cannot be the same material in the intro and during the prometheus encounters.

OR, and this again brings me to my statement about the prometheus intro :

the black goo does NOT create life at all, and the black goo the engineer drinks is the same, but the amount he gets is enough to have such strong effect that he disintegrates. fitting with a material / substance htat is of destructive intent,

and the 'blend' towards seeing red bloodcells etc.and a green planet has nothing to do with the engineer death and black goo at all.
which would suggest that the planet we see the engineer take his drink on is NOT the same planet as earth.

confusing? YES.

am i hoping covenant will clear this up? YES.

am i confident it will give a satisfying answer? NOPE!

Evanus

^ Agree 100%. I really hope the black goo is explained in Covenant.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed