Theory about the BACKBURSTER

Started by CainsSon, Feb 14, 2017, 10:38:53 PM

Author
Theory about the BACKBURSTER (Read 3,529 times)

CainsSon

CainsSon

Ive been thinking about the Backburster, about the transformation we see the character go through in the trailer and the way people have described it -

Could it be that these people are confusing what they saw, and instead of a creature that bursts THROUGH the back of the victim, instead it is the spine of the victim that is mutating into the creature and then tearing out of him itself? IE: The Bacburster IS literally the victim's spine? having mutated? Is it taking the victims entire skeleton with it when it leaves him? Is the skull of the Neomorph actually the skull of the human?
Is the person's skeleton mutating and then ripping out of their body? Because that's pretty awesome. Even if only the spine is mutating.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

That would be awesome. It either pushes his spine right out of him to escape or it is his spine that becomes the basis for the creature. Either way it's going to be brutal.

It could also be Ridley Scott making fun of the Predator franchise.

Anthony

Anthony

Whoa, that would be awesome.

Enoch

Enoch

I think that is the case!!!

PsyKore

PsyKore

There's an element of The Thing with this idea. It's pretty brutal. I like it.

salomonj

salomonj

Quote from: CainsSon on Feb 14, 2017, 10:38:53 PM
Ive been thinking about the Backburster, about the transformation we see the character go through in the trailer and the way people have described it -

Could it be that these people are confusing what they saw, and instead of a creature that bursts THROUGH the back of the victim, instead it is the spine of the victim that is mutating into the creature and then tearing out of him itself? IE: The Bacburster IS literally the victim's spine? having mutated? Is it taking the victims entire skeleton with it when it leaves him? Is the skull of the Neomorph actually the skull of the human?
Is the person's skeleton mutating and then ripping out of their body? Because that's pretty awesome. Even if only the spine is mutating.
Tha'd be cewl, but like everyone says, either way its gonna be a brutal gorefest.

Godzillakuj94

If that is the case then I hope they integrate the human spine into the creature design.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: CainsSon on Feb 14, 2017, 10:38:53 PMIs it taking the victims entire skeleton with it when it leaves him? Is the skull of the Neomorph actually the skull of the human?
f**k. Just the spine alone with his skull would be off the charts nuts.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 15, 2017, 02:40:59 AM
Quote from: CainsSon on Feb 14, 2017, 10:38:53 PMIs it taking the victims entire skeleton with it when it leaves him? Is the skull of the Neomorph actually the skull of the human?
f**k. Just the spine alone with his skull would be off the charts nuts.

Yeah and it explains the skull in the design elements. Im not sure that its the skull too, but Im pretty solid on it being a mutation of the spine. Although
Spoiler
How would the NECKBURSTER fit in with that, unless it were the spine and skull?
[close]
I think maybe the people who saw it, either saw a cut that deliberately left the full details out or maybe they couldnt tell WHAT they saw?

It will be cool as all hell to see a full detail of it. If this is the case.

Quote from: Godzillakuj94 on Feb 15, 2017, 12:52:31 AM
If that is the case then I hope they integrate the human spine into the creature design.

AGREED. But that should be easy enough. The alien's back likes pretty spiney.

juxtapose

juxtapose

. .i think the spine gets in it's way as it exits and gets ripped out. . It might be attached to the spine in some way when it hits the floor. .then i think it will detach itself and run along. ..i doubt this tiny creature is gonna drag the spine along with it. .let alone the skull. .my mind struggles to visualize this. .i am not saying it won't be cool tho. .just kinda doubt thats the case. . Although i would not mind being wrong . .either way it's gonna get messy. .will make the med pod scene in prometheus look like a kids tee party. . .

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

One of the descriptions I read said that the creature is attached to the spine and growing rapidly. So it's entirely possible that the man's spine is the spine for the alien creature.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: juxtapose on Feb 15, 2017, 05:58:33 AM
. .i think the spine gets in it's way as it exits and gets ripped out. .

Exactly. Victim's spine isn't mutating into the creature. Alien just rips it out of the way. We're gonna have

Spoiler
mouthburster as well. Then what? Victim's mouth will become part of Alien? Come on!
[close]

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 15, 2017, 08:09:48 AM
Quote from: juxtapose on Feb 15, 2017, 05:58:33 AM
. .i think the spine gets in it's way as it exits and gets ripped out. .

Exactly. Victim's spine isn't mutating into the creature. Alien just rips it out of the way. We're gonna have

Spoiler
mouthburster as well. Then what? Victim's mouth will become part of Alien? Come on!
[close]

this.

rediculous theory, that also makes no sense, nor does there exist any visual proof about such a feat.

the neomorph is running around as a juvenile small being whilst the ship explodes. you can clearly see it in the trailer. it is too small to be using the human skull etc. it also makes no sense that the 'victim' would be alive like that and then in a matter of seconds the embryo turns into what?

also, it bursts out and then attacks the crewmember in the sickbay.

there is literally zero direction that this is the case. in the video you can also clearly see his spine is indeed ripping open, yes. but that's because unlike the chestburster, which sits itself somewhere in the chest area, the backburster somehow grows somewhere in the upper back. it then bursts out, through the back instead of the chest. obviously the spine will get damaged/broken.

in reality the human spine is too strong to be bursting out like that, but let's ignore that and use it to base that the alien has insane strenght from embryonal phase already.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

It's coming out one way or the other. I think the speculation is about how his entire spine with ribs etc is being forced out his back. It very well could be a rapid mutation of his spine and organs, they're simply changing into the neomorph on the way out. Then there is the test screening confusion of whether it is his spine or the creature on the floor.

The most likely scenario is that his spine is simply just in the way. You can see the neomorphs little back spines hacking away in the trailer. However it could be possible that the neomorph steals his spine for itself in the process. Nothing in black goo theory where it says that this cannot happen.

As far as the throat buster, it would work if his spine/neomorph comes straight up and out of his throat.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: CainsSon on Feb 14, 2017, 10:38:53 PMCould it be that these people are confusing what they saw, and instead of a creature that bursts THROUGH the back of the victim, instead it is the spine of the victim that is mutating into the creature and then tearing out of him itself?

We were literally discussing this while recording the podcast the other night. I think it was Xenomorphine who said exactly the same thing (apologies if it wasn't you, I still struggle to match forum handles with voices :P)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed