"I Don’t Think You’re Going To See Schwarzenegger" - Boyd Holbrook Interview

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 13, 2017, 05:19:47 PM

Author
"I Don’t Think You’re Going To See Schwarzenegger" - Boyd Holbrook Interview (Read 24,737 times)

Lotus

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/exclusive-interview-boyd-holbrook-logan-predator/

QuoteLet's move to future stuff. Are you doing season 3 of Narcos? Is that happening?

Boyd Holbrook: [Heavy sigh] No, they're down there filming that now. I'm currently working on Predator.

Yeah, Shane Black's film. How's that going?

Boyd Holbrook: It's pretty cool, man.

It's a sequel right?

Boyd Holbrook: No. I mean, Shane Black is one of the most prolific writers going. You look at James Mangold, Scott Frank who also wrote this and I've worked in A Walk Among the Tombstones with, great director as well. Then you have Shane Black.

He's made something totally new, somehow keeping within the realm of Predator [while also being] absolutely new in terms of the story that we're talking about today, and rooted in something real. It's real fresh.

Are there any characters from the original in there?

Boyd Holbrook: I don't think you're going to see Schwarzenegger in this. I don't want to speak out of school but it would kind of make it a bit of a gimmick. Hats off to Schwarzenegger for paving the way. We all appreciate it but for it to have its own life it's got to be singular. It's going to be rated-R.

Is it going to be as violent as this one or more on the horror side?

Boyd Holbrook: Well, I think it's a hybrid. It's a horror film. It's science-fiction and a western, as well. I think people are so f**king tired of these Avenger films.

Well, they are churning them out.

Boyd Holdbrook: It's a factory. I'm so happy that all the people are employed and making a lot of money but it's just the demographic that we're splitting hairs about at the end of the day. I think Predator is going to be f**king wicked.

Xan21

A good jab at Avengers... haha

SuicideDoors

He sounds like a rock star. Extremely impressed. He's going to be badass. Him and Black are gonna be a tour-de-force of sharp directing and acting

Johnny Handsome

They bring Predator home to Mexico? Very cool. That will be the cubane jungle, i thought they would use the soundstage in vancouver for that, but pretty cool they are going for the real deal again.

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 17, 2017, 08:42:33 AM
Quote from: ace3g on Feb 17, 2017, 02:55:35 AM
New quote from Boyd

Collider's own Steven Weintraub also caught up with Holbrook recently for Logan and got some more details on his character.

Quote"I play a character named Quinn Mackenna who is an ex-sniper in the rangers. And I think you're going to get a similar dynamic, which was what really worked so well for Logan is that it's a relatable story. It's rooted in personal relationships. [Logan] is essentially a father-daughter story and I think you're going to get equal amount of quality out of Predator."

The actor revealed he's scheduled to head to Vancouver to kick off production in a matter of days, before heading to Mexico for a bit of filming.

http://collider.com/the-predator-arnold-schwarzenegger-cameo/?utm_campaign=collidersocial&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social#images

Thanks for the link, ace. Interesting to know they're heading for Mexico (nice bts reference to Predator) but as Wolverine mentions, could be a stand-in for Cuba.
Yeah that's what I'm assuming from what I read, I'm really excited to see how Shane is gonna spin this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Predator_Spirit

It's the usual pre production lips job, ::) "it's gonna be awesome i'm telling you !!!".

Johnny Handsome

Love your reaction, really. When there is basically nothing to moan, well there is always an interview where people are silly enough to say they actually believe in the movie they are doing... laugh my ass off  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Comeon now, gents. Let's not start again.

Timmay

Timmay

Everything he says sounds really good.  No room for complaints, yet.

Stealth_Hunter

Just watched some non-spoiler reviews for Logan and people are saying Holbrook was very charismatic and fun to watch.

The Wolverine Predator

Dreadlock Holiday

Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Feb 18, 2017, 04:48:01 PM
Just watched some non-spoiler reviews for Logan and people are saying Holbrook was very charismatic and fun to watch.

Excellent news.  :)

Stealth_Hunter

It was the collider review on youtube that I watched, panel of 4 people discussing it. Another site I read said Holbrook brought a "fun sense of braggadocio" to the character.

Dreadlock Holiday

I'm not into most of the superhero movies that are being churned out these days, but if Holbrook has put in a good performance I may give Logan a watch when it gets released.
Roll on his next movie!  :)

RakaiThwei

Screenrant had posted up their own version of this interview... Are they taking this out of context?

http://screenrant.com/the-predator-reboot-shane-black-arnold-schwarzenegger/

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed