"I Don’t Think You’re Going To See Schwarzenegger" - Boyd Holbrook Interview

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 13, 2017, 05:19:47 PM

Author
"I Don’t Think You’re Going To See Schwarzenegger" - Boyd Holbrook Interview (Read 24,723 times)

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 15, 2017, 09:18:40 AM
For what it's worth, I'm told the script that the leaked info came from was actually great and classic Shane Black.
For what it's worth maybe you may be right.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: von on Feb 15, 2017, 04:14:18 PM
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Feb 15, 2017, 03:23:11 PM
NECA already likes the designs, sure they want to sell the damn things, but they openly explained their opinions on the AvP Predators for example (they didn't even wanted to do them, as they didn't like them), so to me that's an indication that they are at least heading into the right direction.

NECA has seen and commented on the designs?
Yes, they are currently art work on action figures of The Predator. When asked if they were happy with what they have seen so far they commented "very".

von

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Feb 15, 2017, 04:38:47 PM
NECA already likes the designs, sure they want to sell the damn things, but they openly explained their opinions on the AvP Predators for example (they didn't even wanted to do them, as they didn't like them), so to me that's an indication that they are at least heading into the right direction.

Yes, they are currently art work on action figures of The Predator. When asked if they were happy with what they have seen so far they commented "very".

Oh wow that's cool. I must have missed that. When did Randy tweet about it? Thanks

Pvt. Himmel

That's good at least some encouraging news. 8)

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: von on Feb 15, 2017, 04:40:04 PM

Oh wow that's cool. I must have missed that. When did Randy tweet about it? Thanks
In September, the tweet is still there.

The Wolverine Predator

I totally agree with what's read or written on paper can totally be good/great in action even if it sounds stupid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dreadlock Holiday

"I don't think you're going to see Schwarzenegger." Well, I didn't think it would rain today and guess what... ;)

N-Shifter

I'd bet LOTS of money that Arnie has at the very least, a cameo appearance. Whether Boyd knows about it or not, he'd never spoil the surprise.

The Wolverine Predator

They have avoided the question so much that I almost feel like he's involved somehow. I can see a twist in the plot coming in this movie

The Joker

Quote from: N-Shifter on Feb 15, 2017, 10:43:25 PM
I'd bet LOTS of money that Arnie has at the very least, a cameo appearance. Whether Boyd knows about it or not, he'd never spoil the surprise.

Agreed. They've been very secretive about Arnold's involvement in this film from the start and so it wouldn't surprise me if they are planning a huge surprise.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Joker on Feb 16, 2017, 03:41:43 AM
Quote from: N-Shifter on Feb 15, 2017, 10:43:25 PM

Agreed. They've been very secretive about Arnold's involvement in this film from the start and so it wouldn't surprise me if they are planning a huge surprise.

The thing is he wasn't asked about it (that we saw in the text), he just said it.

Though I would love for him to be in it and be a complete surprise until we see the movie.

Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Feb 15, 2017, 06:58:42 PM
I totally agree with what's read or written on paper can totally be good/great in action even if it sounds stupid

No doubt. There's a lot riding on execution.

ace3g

New quote from Boyd

Collider's own Steven Weintraub also caught up with Holbrook recently for Logan and got some more details on his character.

Quote"I play a character named Quinn Mackenna who is an ex-sniper in the rangers. And I think you're going to get a similar dynamic, which was what really worked so well for Logan is that it's a relatable story. It's rooted in personal relationships. [Logan] is essentially a father-daughter story and I think you're going to get equal amount of quality out of Predator."

The actor revealed he's scheduled to head to Vancouver to kick off production in a matter of days, before heading to Mexico for a bit of filming.

http://collider.com/the-predator-arnold-schwarzenegger-cameo/?utm_campaign=collidersocial&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social#images

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: ace3g on Feb 17, 2017, 02:55:35 AM
New quote from Boyd

Collider's own Steven Weintraub also caught up with Holbrook recently for Logan and got some more details on his character.

Quote"I play a character named Quinn Mackenna who is an ex-sniper in the rangers. And I think you're going to get a similar dynamic, which was what really worked so well for Logan is that it's a relatable story. It's rooted in personal relationships. [Logan] is essentially a father-daughter story and I think you're going to get equal amount of quality out of Predator."

The actor revealed he's scheduled to head to Vancouver to kick off production in a matter of days, before heading to Mexico for a bit of filming.

http://collider.com/the-predator-arnold-schwarzenegger-cameo/?utm_campaign=collidersocial&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social#images

All this time they were reporting that him and Rhodes were ex-marines, also sounds like if some of the filming is in Mexico then maybe the Cuba part was real after all

Dreadlock Holiday

Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Feb 17, 2017, 03:05:07 AM
New quote from Boyd

All this time they were reporting that him and Rhodes were ex-marines, also sounds like if some of the filming is in Mexico then maybe the Cuba part was real after all

Looks like Shane Black is taking The Predator back to it's roots doing some filming in Mexico.  :)

Corporal Hicks

New quote from Boyd

Thanks for the link, ace. Interesting to know they're heading for Mexico (nice bts reference to Predator) but as Wolverine mentions, could be a stand-in for Cuba.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed