"I Don’t Think You’re Going To See Schwarzenegger" - Boyd Holbrook Interview

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 13, 2017, 05:19:47 PM

Author
"I Don’t Think You’re Going To See Schwarzenegger" - Boyd Holbrook Interview (Read 24,722 times)

Master

I advise you to be cautious.  Many thought RR is a dream come true for Predator franchise.

BishopShouldGo

RR didn't even direct. Which he should've.

N-Shifter

Yeah Boyd will be great in the lead role imo, He's been great in "Narcos" and i'm looking forward to seeing him in "Logan".

Master

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Feb 14, 2017, 06:17:07 PM
RR didn't even direct. Which he should've.

I think Anatal was really a stand-in. Ps was RR's baby project.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Master on Feb 14, 2017, 06:53:08 PM
I think Anatal was really a stand-in. Ps was RR's baby project.

Considering that Rodriguez wrote the movie, and wanted to use a lot of ideas from the 1994 script.. and that he oversaw progress of it-- Yeah, it was his brain child so to speak. I would consider it more his movie than Antal's.

skhellter

Rodriguez didnt write the final script... But you're right. It was his baby.

Daz1999

I'm fine with or without Arnold,  what caught my eye was horror and western, I'm intrigued to say the least .
Got faith in this guy, he's a good actor

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: N-Shifter on Feb 14, 2017, 06:19:00 PM
Yeah Boyd will be great in the lead role imo, He's been great in "Narcos" and i'm looking forward to seeing him in "Logan".

Boyd Holbrook is one of the highlights of this movie, the story and the giant supah pred are a different matter.A huge mistake.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: skhellter on Feb 14, 2017, 07:51:17 PM
Rodriguez didnt write the final script... But you're right. It was his baby.

Technically, he did write the script. I was referring to the 1994 script.

The final film could've been A LOT worse had Litvak and Finch not revise and overhauled it.

Xan21

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Feb 14, 2017, 08:29:28 PM

The story and the giant supah pred are a different matter.A huge mistake.

You don't know anything yet... why despair...
have you seen the designs and read the script?

Corporal Hicks

For what it's worth, I'm told the script that the leaked info came from was actually great and classic Shane Black.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: Xan21 on Feb 14, 2017, 11:36:02 PM

"You don't know anything yet... why despair...
"The story takes places 30 years after the events of the first and second movies. A predator spacecraft crashes in Cuba during covert ops run by Lt. McKenna. Before being captured by the CIA and Traeger, he sends part of the downed Predator armor by mail to his son Rory. After the supposedly "comatose" Predator is revived, a race for the missing tech brings all the characters together face-to-face with something much more nefarious... THE PREDATOR 2.0 A ten feet tall genetically enhanced and more advanced Predator who will crash the McKenna family reunion in suburbia."

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Feb 15, 2017, 02:38:36 PM
Quote from: Xan21 on Feb 14, 2017, 11:36:02 PM

"You don't know anything yet... why despair...
"The story takes places 30 years after the events of the first and second movies. A predator spacecraft crashes in Cuba during covert ops run by Lt. McKenna. Before being captured by the CIA and Traeger, he sends part of the downed Predator armor by mail to his son Rory. After the supposedly "comatose" Predator is revived, a race for the missing tech brings all the characters together face-to-face with something much more nefarious... THE PREDATOR 2.0 A ten feet tall genetically enhanced and more advanced Predator who will crash the McKenna family reunion in suburbia."
Ah so this maybe where Dutch comes into play??

Johnny Handsome

Apart from the fact that the story to me sounds pretty interesting, there is also the fact that some really cool scenes read pretty horrible on paper.

Like Predator 2: Predator in bathroom with an old lady trying to approach it with a broom... "oh my gosh, granny fights against Predator, this is going to be horrible!!"

Yet in the movie, it's actually a pretty cool and funny scene.

"An elder Predator? What? Will he be in a wheelchair with grey dreadlocks and stuff?"

The thing is, you can pretty much shittalk anything as long you have seen nothing of it.

The Predator world is largely unexplored, who says there aren't other clans who experiment with their bodys and trying to modify themselves to be the ultimate hunters? Or maybe even a single bad-blood kind of Predator, who's an outlaw. A Predator 2.0 version could bring something new and interesting to the table. We had the same conversations when Predators came along, and while i still like the classic ones better, the designs weren't bad, and those were meant to be a different kind of species altogether.

No Predator has ever looked the same since the original and there are really interesting design choices who all work, if the 2.0 version is an excuse for them to really go nuts on the design (in a good way) then why not.

NECA already likes the designs, sure they want to sell the damn things, but they openly explained their opinions on the AvP Predators for example (they didn't even wanted to do them, as they didn't like them), so to me that's an indication that they are at least heading into the right direction.

von

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Feb 15, 2017, 03:23:11 PM
NECA already likes the designs, sure they want to sell the damn things, but they openly explained their opinions on the AvP Predators for example (they didn't even wanted to do them, as they didn't like them), so to me that's an indication that they are at least heading into the right direction.

NECA has seen and commented on the designs?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed