Should there be an ALIEN TV Series?

Started by CainsSon, Feb 12, 2017, 09:30:03 PM

With the expanded mythology, and the trend of bringing Horror franchises to the small screen, would you like to see an ALIEN TV Series? If so, how much of the expanded mythology would you like to see included?

Yes, and it should include everything - Alien, Predator, AVP and Prometheus; whether one story at a time, by season, or all together.
6 (25%)
Yes, but only Alien and Prometheus' canon, and include Ripley.
3 (12.5%)
Yes, but only include Alien and Prometheus' canon, and ignore Ripley's story.
6 (25%)
Yes, but make it exlusively AVP.
0 (0%)
Yes, but it should have no connection to anything included in the films
3 (12.5%)
No; I wouldn't like to see anything related to Alien, Prometheus or AVP on TV.
6 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: May 23, 2017, 09:30:03 PM

Author
Should there be an ALIEN TV Series? (Read 9,673 times)

Ropley

Ropley

Yes there should in fact I think a mini series based on Alien Isolation would be great and it could include more things like a Marshall named Mcclaren who would later be Amanda's husband. Yes I'm assuming that since 99 percent of humanity is straight

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Ropley on Feb 17, 2017, 12:47:17 AMYes I'm assuming that since 99 percent of humanity is straight

Get out much?

CainsSon

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Feb 17, 2017, 02:30:02 PM
Quote from: Ropley on Feb 17, 2017, 12:47:17 AMYes I'm assuming that since 99 percent of humanity is straight

Get out much?

:D

Somewhere around 85% give or take 5% depending on where you are. But going by those odds, you may as well be assuming a person's race.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 15, 2017, 02:41:48 AM
I'd take an Alien Anime TV series.

I'm still waiting on that Predator or Alien vs. Predator anime film. I think it'd work.

I reckon an Alien TV show could work. It'd have to be limited, not more than 10 episodes though. Very character focused with strong actors. And it'd need to try and branch out a little. Prometheus opens up new avenues to take the series. I'd be open to it.

ScaryMinds

Yeah I could dig a well done television series, some great ideas for seasons already in this thread. Agreed on the limited number of episodes per season, spend the budget on fewer more gnarly episodes, and think it should go AHS ... every season is stand alone, but it gradually builds to a Universe and timeline.

motherfather

motherfather

Based on Terminator being turned into a tv series and how that went, I'd have to say no for Alien.

My heart would like to say yes, in that the Alien Isolation game was gripping and proved you could pull an Alien story arc over the timing equivalent of a tv mini series.

However in reality, I don't think they could pull the suspense across a full TV season, and do justice to the franchise without resorting to buffy the vampire slayer style effects and TOWIE/Jersey Shore style "actors."

It would probably have to also attract big money that most tv networks couldn't afford. Syfy would be the only decent one capable of doing it, at least to give it legs, but it is throwing everything it has got at The Expanse, so is tied up for a while.

That leaves amazon, and netflix as original productions, neither of which I know enough about - scifi special effects wise.

RabidNinja

My votes for;

• A remake/prequel to Colonial Marines as a miniseries (Because seeing a research team getting torn to shreds is nothing short of amazing)
  • A Weyland Yutani spin-off (Think The Apprentice, but in space)
  • ANY of the comics storylines.
The main problem is that it would have necessities and restrictions; 9pm watershed, FULL HOUR long episodes and not those 45 minutes with advert crap, they leave the original series characters alone and no heavy dependency of seeing xenomorphs every episode.

Kel G 426

Quote from: SM on Feb 15, 2017, 01:57:33 AM
Only if it's a sitcom.

Just add a laugh track to Alien Resurrection

Russ

Russ

Quote from: RabidNinja on Mar 19, 2017, 12:31:03 AM

My votes for;

• A remake/prequel to Colonial Marines as a miniseries (Because seeing a research team getting torn to shreds is nothing short of amazing)
  • A Weyland Yutani spin-off (Think The Apprentice, but in space)
  • ANY of the comics storylines.
The main problem is that it would have necessities and restrictions; 9pm watershed, FULL HOUR long episodes and not those 45 minutes with advert crap, they leave the original series characters alone and no heavy dependency of seeing xenomorphs every episode.

Can't argue with any of that. I've always thought an x-files style thing with two  wey-yu people digging deeper and deeper into the company affairs finding out more and more about xenos, predators, engineers and so on would be really interesting. A sort of "who can you trust" thing, some people in the corporation would be good, others not.

Ironb4lls

Sorry to dig up a near-dead thread, but it's new to me.

I think the downfall of Sevastopol Station would make an excellent limited series, told over the course of maybe 10 episodes. First episode ends with the arrival of the Anesidora, next several episodes deal with the mayhem that ensues and the gradual decline into chaos, and the final few episodes cover the drama with Amanda and the Torrens crew. Feature Ricardo, Marshall Waits (bonus points for using William Hope), maybe Axel and Dr Lingard as the protagonists, with Ransome and the head security thug (can't remember his name) as the main villains.

Scorpio

Downfall of Sevastopol would be a good one.

I would also like to see an Alien tv show about an outer space colony on a distant world.  You could have aliens and predators in it, but the main thing of the show would be about the colonists and how they adjust to life on an alien world.

I remember a 90s show called Earth 2 that was kind of similar to that.

Rudiger

Aliens: Hadley's Hope

monkeylove

Adapting the radio plays and the Isolation game would be interesting.

Alionic

I don't think there should be an Aliens TV series. It doesn't feel like TV material IMO.

Vermillion

It would get old fast

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed