Splash Report Rumors

Started by ThePredatorUK, Feb 10, 2017, 09:01:54 PM

Author
Splash Report Rumors (Read 61,036 times)

Predator_Spirit

Predator_Spirit

Predator 2 Budget, $35 million. Box office, $57.12 million.

Facts are facts.Not a flop.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Big ol' flop.

Master

Master

Add advertising campaign and you are nearly even. P2 wasn't commercial success.

Russ840

Russ840

I always thought the P2 reviews were harsh. I think it is a sound movie. It adds plenty to the 'Predator Lore'.

I used to always get Empire Magazine a while back and they re reviewed Predator 2 and gave it 4 stars. The reviewer said he felt it was badly recieved when released because Arnie did not return.

I found it an interesting read.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Had nothing to do with Arnold not returning.

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Russ840 on Feb 23, 2017, 08:43:23 PM
I always thought the P2 reviews were harsh. I think it is a sound movie. It adds plenty to the 'Predator Lore'.

I used to always get Empire Magazine a while back and they re reviewed Predator 2 and gave it 4 stars. The reviewer said he felt it was badly recieved when released because Arnie did not return.

I found it an interesting read.
Exactly!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Feb 23, 2017, 09:51:35 PM

Do you know what though. When ever I speak with someone who dislikes the second movie, 9 times out of 10, all they can say is ' it didn't have Arnie in it '. Lol

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Yeah it's a problem but one of the lesser ones. They didn't even replace Arnold with a box office equal, they replaced with a second fiddle. Danny is a fine actor though.

If Fox was serious they wouldn't have hired Hopkins, and they would've gotten Bruce or Mel for Harrigan.

And oh. Most of all. They wouldn't have used that script!

Russ840

Russ840

I really like glover in it. It's different. You have an average Joe up against the predator. I liked that. He got lucky all the way through the movie. Script has some weaknesses.

I am a big fan o the movie though.

SiL

SiL

Hopkins was off the back of a successful, low-budget horror film.

McTiernan wasn't a name when he did Predator either. They used to give these movies to people who showed talent but didn't have big names.

predator88

predator88

Predator 2 is a worthy sequel. It added a lot of interesting thing to the predator mythology showing us the interior of their ship, some new toys,what they eat on Earth... The cast was nowhere near as strong as in the original but still quite solid. So far P2 is is the only worthy sequel.

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Russ840 on Feb 24, 2017, 05:51:10 AM
Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Feb 23, 2017, 09:51:35 PM

Same here, if you think about it the Predator had more on screen time as well.

Do you know what though. When ever I speak with someone who dislikes the second movie, 9 times out of 10, all they can say is ' it didn't have Arnie in it '. Lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed