Splash Report Rumors

Started by ThePredatorUK, Feb 10, 2017, 09:01:54 PM

Author
Splash Report Rumors (Read 61,054 times)

System Apollo

System Apollo

Managed to archive this on here as traditionally done with the Covenant film leaks.
http://hub.globalavp.info/topic/9040585/

They look fairly legitimate as they correlate with earlier acclaimed leaks.

Yautja_Warrior

Yautja_Warrior

I'm cool with the Predator 2.0 / super Predator idea (if true), as long as we get a classic Predator to fight it and eventually defeat it, some redemption for the bad blood killing the classic in Predators, which was an unfair fight, as the classic was weak from being tied up and left to die.

predator88

predator88

Quote from: Yautja_Warrior on Feb 21, 2017, 10:29:27 AM
I'm cool with the Predator 2.0 / super Predator idea (if true), as long as we get a classic Predator to fight it and eventually defeat it, some redemption for the bad blood killing the classic in Predators, which was an unfair fight, as the classic was weak from being tied up and left to die.
Don't hold your breath,that's not the case

Xan21

Xan21

why many fans always want to see same predator clone over again...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: echobbase79 on Feb 10, 2017, 11:19:16 PM
Personally, I didn't like the Super Predators nor did I like Predators very much. I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt though. I think that's fair.

The Super Predator's never materialized. It's equally as likely that Predator 2.0 will never materialize either.

I managed to verify that this intel sounds like it came from one of the earlier drafts that Shane Black wrote. I can't get a specific date on that unfortunately but it does seem that they were exploring this at one point or anything.

Personally, I'm not a massive fan of the specifics but I'm interested in the broadstrokes of the story. I like it isn't just a repeat of a hunt and they're going somewhere different with it. I'm not fussed on mailing Predator tech to his son, nor am I sold on the concept of the Predator 2.0 but I'm not willing to condemn it just yet. We don't know how much has changed over development. 

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Feb 11, 2017, 04:13:42 PM
You must remember though. This is a masochistic fanbase that enjoys creating worry in their minds. Out of something that isn't there. Testing screenings for Covenant??? Oh no the movie is terrible! Multiple fx companies working on Covenant?? This isn't normal, oh no we're screwed!!!

All fanbases get like this, unfortunately. There's nothing exclusive about this kind of behavior.

Quote from: greygoose on Feb 11, 2017, 07:56:37 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 11, 2017, 07:50:35 PM
Predators was also done on the quick and on the cheap. The Predator seems to be getting a lot of extra time, care and money. We'll see how Black pulls it off. I'm told that the script is actually great. Very Shane Black.

In regards to a rough timeline breakdown of pre production/filming/post production how would you expect The Predator to look compared to Predators?

In terms of how long they get to do everything?

Quote from: Russ840 on Feb 11, 2017, 10:44:25 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 11, 2017, 08:30:19 PM
My problem with the Berserkers was that they're all offed relatively easily. If they'd have had one single Berserker who went through everything they all did - blown up and slashed up and then make it through a fight with Classic, they might have actually come across as badass.

I tend to think of the berserkers as just standard predators but of a different ethnicity to the ones we are used to. When viewing that film I don't interperste anything shown to indicate they are superior to to the standard.

I'm the same. I consider all the Predators from the different films to simply belong to another race of ethnicities. I know the original intent behind the Berserkers was that they'd be some sort of Super Predator but they're not. The Berserkers aren't the Super Predators.

Like I said earlier, if they'd have just had the single Berserker instead of three, they may have come across as being actual badass like RR kept going on about. And if it weren't for that stupid line about them being like dogs and wolves, there'd have been no trace of that concept left in the film. I wish RR hadn't gone on about all that kind of thing.

Quote from: Keith on Feb 11, 2017, 11:29:03 PM
Quote from: Master on Feb 11, 2017, 12:33:36 PM
I don't understand what's so hard in finding the middle ground.  Either sequels are "going back to the roots" giving us same old film, only worse and dumbed down (ep VII, Ps, JW) or "Innovative sequel/reboot" where the franchise is hardly recognisable anymore (Prometheus, Robocop, Total Recall ). I want normal sequel! The one that expands on earlier material,  not trying to reinvent it. Too much?

Exactly, like Predator 2 did. All you got to do is take a traditional (Winston) Predator, give him some new toys, throw him in a different situation (past, present, or future), and let him kick ass. It so easy, yet they constantly f*ck it up.

And how long can you do that for? It gets boring. I love Predator because it's such a versatile series. I love they're actually trying to do something different with it. I just hope it's moved on from some of these leaked details.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 21, 2017, 10:49:55 AMI managed to verify that this intel sounds like it came from one of the earlier drafts that Shane Black wrote.

Tad off topic, but has Black actually written a draft? I thought Dekker was writing, based on his treatment.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: echobbase79 on Feb 14, 2017, 09:02:23 PM
Were fans asking for Black to consider certain ideas? I don't remember the fans being very specific about what they wanted from this movie?

TPTB should never listen to fans. SM said it best in the past when he said fans don't know what they want. We're such a varied crowd and we all see different things in these films that appeal to us. It's impossible to please all.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 21, 2017, 11:02:35 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 21, 2017, 10:49:55 AMI managed to verify that this intel sounds like it came from one of the earlier drafts that Shane Black wrote.

Tad off topic, but has Black actually written a draft? I thought Dekker was writing, based on his treatment.

I had thought they were working on it together but I'm not recalling 100%. The early reports said it was that way around but I thought I'd read something to the contrary after that.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I certainly hope so!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The script has been described to me as being classic Shane Black so I'm expecting he had a bit more influence in it over time.

System Apollo

System Apollo

QuoteTPTB should never listen to fans. SM said it best in the past when he said fans don't know what they want. We're such a varied crowd and we all see different things in these films that appeal to us. It's impossible to please all

Agreed. I have managed to see a pattern when it comes to expectations for fans in an established series. They tend to compose their own vision of what the film should be and when it fails to correlate on that vision, they consider it bad. I notice that this is more frequent in the AvP fanbase, after all, we've taken a lot of abuse in terms of the content we have been getting for the past 15 years.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 21, 2017, 10:49:55 AM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Feb 10, 2017, 11:19:16 PM
Personally, I didn't like the Super Predators nor did I like Predators very much. I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt though. I think that's fair.

The Super Predator's never materialized. It's equally as likely that Predator 2.0 will never materialize either.

I managed to verify that this intel sounds like it came from one of the earlier drafts that Shane Black wrote. I can't get a specific date on that unfortunately but it does seem that they were exploring this at one point or anything.

Personally, I'm not a massive fan of the specifics but I'm interested in the broadstrokes of the story. I like it isn't just a repeat of a hunt and they're going somewhere different with it. I'm not fussed on mailing Predator tech to his son, nor am I sold on the concept of the Predator 2.0 but I'm not willing to condemn it just yet. We don't know how much has changed over development. 

I've gotten over a lot of my initial fears of the story. I can only comment when I actually see some footage of the film. That's where I am right now.

*Fixed quotes. Hicks.

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: System Apollo on Feb 21, 2017, 04:33:59 PM
QuoteTPTB should never listen to fans. SM said it best in the past when he said fans don't know what they want. We're such a varied crowd and we all see different things in these films that appeal to us. It's impossible to please all

Agreed. I have managed to see a pattern when it comes to expectations for fans in an established series. They tend to compose their own vision of what the film should be and when it fails to correlate on that vision, they consider it bad. I notice that this is more frequent in the AvP fanbase, after all, we've taken a lot of abuse in terms of the content we have been getting for the past 15 years.

This is SO true. So many fans have shown this kind of behaviour and it's not always AvP. You see it in the Godzilla fandom as well.

People make their own vision, have their own expectations and speculations and suddenly the film turns out to be its own thing, then the people with said speculations either like the new thing or are heavily disappointed that they didn't get their way.

I don't do this, I just hear a new movie's coming out, get excited that it's coming out, then go to cinema, watch it, see what's new and like it. XD

Many people are right when they say that expectations tend to lead to disappointments.

Another thing is that some fans are so passionate about the good old stuff that they'd have it be made over and over and over and over and over again without adding something new and refreshing.

I love Predator, I'm a huge fan of the franchise, but even I think "hunt *soldier/cop/gang/* in *insert location*" will get stale real fast.

I'm all for them breaking the cycle and showing us something new and refreshing. How do Predators deal under pressure? What happens when prey becomes predator? How do they respond to capture? What do they do when we take their tools? Interesting concepts.

Or we can just have another banal hunt like we've had for the last 3 films (5 if you count the AvPs)

Like Corporal Hicks said, just how many stories can you really tell with a cycle like that?

One of my friends keeps telling me how this franchise isn't all that big because it sticks to such a niche. There's even a thread on this forum discussing just how big the franchise is. Why? Because "*hunt* in *location*" that's why... Instead of something new and different like "hey, there's this film about an alien who comes to hunt on Earth but he gets captured and shit and then we hunt him and he turns the tables on us, it's real cool!"

We've already had a story about aliens hunting us, hell, Predator wasn't even the first film that had an alien hunter in it anyway, the only reason it succeeded was because it used that trope in such a unique way by having a manly alien kick the asses of manly soldiers. Now that we've had that, let the franchise be something new and intriguing while still retaining the classic Predator we all recognise and love.

We don't need a manly muscle bound testosterone film, this ain't the 80's anymore.

Seriously, if you guys want the same old, you've literally got 5 films to do it. Enjoy your marathons. Let them try something new. Don't like, don't watch. No one's forcing you.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Quite honestly, we should all be honored and overly grateful someone like Shane is even touching this material. Especially in a post-AvP:R world.

Mr. Billion Dollar Iron Man 3 could've just done Doc Savage and not deal with Predator Part 6. For the first time in franchise history, a guy who's a big deal and at the apex of his career is directing Predator.

You ain't ever had it so good.

Master

Master

Bullshit. John McTiernan was The Michel Bay of 80' and had Arnie, Jessie and Apollo effin Creeed in his team just to name a few.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Master on Feb 21, 2017, 08:10:18 PM
Bullshit. John McTiernan was The Michel Bay of 80' and had Arnie, Jessie and Apollo effin Creeed in his team just to name a few.

I think he's referring to everything post AvP-Predators. Even though I'd say getting RR was a good idea at the time. It's just a shame the movie didn't work out.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed