Splash Report Rumors

Started by ThePredatorUK, Feb 10, 2017, 09:01:54 PM

Author
Splash Report Rumors (Read 61,049 times)

Xan21

Xan21

That all sounds made up

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Guys... they hired a practical efx company to work on this movie for 6 months, casting actors for suit work... to do full on CGI Predators?

We don't have to wait and see, there are no if's and but's... thats some a-class made up bullshit right there, case closed.

Predator_Spirit

Predator_Spirit

If they use cgi it's gotta be for the 10 feet tall hybrid supah pred, but not for a normal predator.
It would be better than a guy walking with Stilts. :laugh:

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

Shane Black said he likes practical effects blended seamlessly with little CGI to enhance the Preds. But as someone said the 10 foot Pred might be all CGI as there is nobody 10 feet tall to play him lol. Unless they somehow do something to make it half practical? I don't know how they will pull off the new Pred. He might actually be all CGI. Unless they make a full 10 foot Pred like the ADI Queen Alien and Stan Winstons Queen were there is no one in the suit and a group operates it with controls. That would be pretty cool to see.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

There are a number of ways of doing this practical, filming a guy in a suit in front of a green screen and then placing him into the scene later, scaled up.

Then there is the other... good old perspective/camera tricks and apple boxes, still pretty effective. We've got Larry Fong, the guy knows what he's doing.

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

So far the plot sounds like The new 10 foot Pred is not only going to try and capture the Predator technology that was exposed to the humans but to also get back the Pred that crashed on his ship in Cuba.

goose_3387

goose_3387

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Feb 17, 2017, 02:27:32 PM
There are a number of ways of doing this practical, filming a guy in a suit in front of a green screen and then placing him into the scene later, scaled up.

Then there is the other... good old perspective/camera tricks and apple boxes, still pretty effective. We've got Larry Fong, the guy knows what he's doing.

That was the plan for Ps. How did they fail so badly in making the Preds look much taller? Bad camera work? Classic looked like a small, fat Pred.

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

Classic was portrayed by Derek Mears who is 6 foot 5 in general. With the suit on he was probably 6 foot 8 or such.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: greygoose on Feb 17, 2017, 02:46:55 PM
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Feb 17, 2017, 02:27:32 PM

That was the plan for Ps. How did they fail so badly in making the Preds look much taller? Bad camera work? Classic looked like a small, fat Pred.
While i don't think the Predators in Ps looked small, i agree that they didn't look nearly as huge as they used to in the other movies. But those weren't played by huge people, the tallest was 6' 7" Brian Steele, but that guy is also very muscular. We got taller and much slender people this time, dancer/parkour guys who are very athletic, much more like Kevin Peter Hall. The rest will be movie magic. With a bag full of money, you can pretty much put anything you want on the big screen, i don 't care how they do it personally as long as it looks good.

While i prefer the Predators practically, there are some marvellous CG characters, with mocap you can create pretty awesome stuff nowadays, i'm open to that. The new Turtles look better and more dynamic than they ever did with any suit, they are beautifully textured and rendered, just an example.

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

Predators don't always have to be giants. Remember the end scene in P2 were all of Preds come out to congratulate Harrigan, there were a couple that looked no more then 5 foot 8.

predator88

predator88

Quote from: ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR on Feb 17, 2017, 02:39:39 PM
So far the plot sounds like The new 10 foot Pred is not only going to try and capture the Predator technology that was exposed to the humans but to also get back the Pred that crashed on his ship in Cuba.

So there are 2 main predators ? And I bet the 10ft one will kill the regular one ala in Predators and done just as shitty

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

I'm only speculating but I don't think the crashed Pred will be another main Pred. I think he will just set up the story. But then how does he escape or what if he escapes? Then that means he will be centered in the movie. But the leaked synopsis was leading towards all the characters against the 10 foot Pred who is genetically enhanced and advanced.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Feb 17, 2017, 03:10:53 AM
Quote from: Highland on Feb 17, 2017, 12:55:14 AM
Quote from: Master on Feb 15, 2017, 03:23:41 PM
The problem is not that Predator is big, but that there have to be explanation to it and of worst kind.

He is big? Cool. But who could say he is bigger and geneticly modyfied compared to others? Two people on earth that we know of have ever seen the pred.

Pretty much this. Just put a bigger predator in the movie and don't bother with an explanation, as soon as the words "genetically modified" come in to it, it makes me just think of some Jurassic World studio exec shouting "bigger, badder better!"

Very early day's but I'm not digging the brief outline. Just keep it simple. I'd honestly rather a re-boot like what they did with 2012's Dredd. Simple Story, you could even make a Dredd/Raid style Predator movie based in a single building or area with the Predator picking off soldiers one by one as they advance then have the main "dutch" character save the day.

Simple.

That won't add anything new to the lore. It'd just repeat every Predator movie which is basically "hunt human/Alien in *insert location.*"

I'd rather they expand the lore. Show a bit more of the Predators, a scrap of their culture and rituals as they prepare for a hunt. How they respond to certain situations such as getting captured or retrieving technology. Show a bit of their inner workings without giving away too much.

Some of the most exciting comics, novels and games were the ones that broke the "Predator hunting in *insert random place*" and dealt with other issues.

Like Predator: Captive. A Predator got captured but it turned out that it wasn't as much of a "prisoner" as we thought it was. It was studying us as much as we were "trying" to study it and in the end, it got its revenge on us in the most destructive way possible. It used its cunning to trick humans.

Why not something like that? Tell a new story and show just how truly deadly they are, not just when they're hunters, but what about when they're hunted?

Another exciting one is Predator: Concrete Jungle, the game that deals with a shamed Predator returning to fix its past sins. It gives us a glimpse into their punitive actions against rule breakers and then how they offer it redemption by letting it embark on one grand hunt to reclaim some stolen gear.

So I am excited for Shane Black's film as it offers something new to expand the Predator universe.

(I do like your idea of a Predator set in a Dredd style building. Not gonna lie, it does sound awesome. I never tire of the classic "Predator hunt" story. But I also love to see them add new things too.)

You can add subtle things to the lore like Predator 2. If one things certain about "lore" in Alien and Predator films, it's usually garbage, forced and shoved in your face because we are not supposed to know anything about the creatures.

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

Maybe the crashed Pred doesn't survive the crash but the new Pred still wants to take him back to the home world so the humans can't experiment on him.

predator88

predator88

Or maybe the predator that crashes gets captured and then experimented on and becomes this 10 ft tall piece of shit?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed