Splash Report Rumors

Started by ThePredatorUK, Feb 10, 2017, 09:01:54 PM

Author
Splash Report Rumors (Read 61,861 times)

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR on Feb 16, 2017, 11:19:38 PM
Movieweb posted a article on Dutch cameao, says he will appear at the end of the movie to save the day. I wonder if that's true.

It's just a rumor they listed

No plot details have been reveled at the this time. But rumors persist that this latest installment in the Predator series will take place against a Suburban backdrop. We've also heard that it deals with the militarization of the Predator, and that the alien hunters will all be CG instead of practical men in suits. We've also heard that Arnold Schwarzenegger doesn't have a substantial role, and only appears in the very last few shots of the movie, as he arrives to save the day.

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

Yeah I figured that. But it could be true that the crew is trying to remain very silent on Arnold's cameo and if they are keep getting asked that in interviews to say that he might not be involved. That would be extremely cool to see Dutch again. I would love to see Danny Glover as Harrigan too, but Danny said awhile ago in a interview around the time Predators 2010 was going to be released in a few months that he did his part playing a character in the 2nd film and might not want to come back. I want to see Adrien Brody as Royce too lol. 3 awesome badasses. If you can't get Arnold or Glover in a cameo, I would love to see Adrien Brody as Royce in a small debriefing part or such. That would be so cool!!

Xan21

Xan21

I hope it ignores PredatorS completely

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

Predators was not everyone's cup of tee but I enjoyed it for what it was. A low budget intense popcorn movie featuring Predators that would kill you on sight and a captured Classic Pred joining other captured assasins in a distant planet for survival against the bad blood Preds. Yes it was a straight on remake. A lot of scenes were identical to the first film. I enjoy the film a lot for good popcorn fun.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Master on Feb 15, 2017, 03:23:41 PM
The problem is not that Predator is big, but that there have to be explanation to it and of worst kind.

He is big? Cool. But who could say he is bigger and geneticly modyfied compared to others? Two people on earth that we know of have ever seen the pred.

Pretty much this. Just put a bigger predator in the movie and don't bother with an explanation, as soon as the words "genetically modified" come in to it, it makes me just think of some Jurassic World studio exec shouting "bigger, badder better!"

Very early day's but I'm not digging the brief outline. Just keep it simple. I'd honestly rather a re-boot like what they did with 2012's Dredd. Simple Story, you could even make a Dredd/Raid style Predator movie based in a single building or area with the Predator picking off soldiers one by one as they advance then have the main "dutch" character save the day.

Simple.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Xan21 on Feb 16, 2017, 11:56:20 PM

Shane did say in someway... it was going to acknowledge it.

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Highland on Feb 17, 2017, 12:55:14 AM
Quote from: Master on Feb 15, 2017, 03:23:41 PM
The problem is not that Predator is big, but that there have to be explanation to it and of worst kind.

He is big? Cool. But who could say he is bigger and geneticly modyfied compared to others? Two people on earth that we know of have ever seen the pred.

Pretty much this. Just put a bigger predator in the movie and don't bother with an explanation, as soon as the words "genetically modified" come in to it, it makes me just think of some Jurassic World studio exec shouting "bigger, badder better!"

Very early day's but I'm not digging the brief outline. Just keep it simple. I'd honestly rather a re-boot like what they did with 2012's Dredd. Simple Story, you could even make a Dredd/Raid style Predator movie based in a single building or area with the Predator picking off soldiers one by one as they advance then have the main "dutch" character save the day.

Simple.

That won't add anything new to the lore. It'd just repeat every Predator movie which is basically "hunt human/Alien in *insert location.*"

I'd rather they expand the lore. Show a bit more of the Predators, a scrap of their culture and rituals as they prepare for a hunt. How they respond to certain situations such as getting captured or retrieving technology. Show a bit of their inner workings without giving away too much.

Some of the most exciting comics, novels and games were the ones that broke the "Predator hunting in *insert random place*" and dealt with other issues.

Like Predator: Captive. A Predator got captured but it turned out that it wasn't as much of a "prisoner" as we thought it was. It was studying us as much as we were "trying" to study it and in the end, it got its revenge on us in the most destructive way possible. It used its cunning to trick humans.

Why not something like that? Tell a new story and show just how truly deadly they are, not just when they're hunters, but what about when they're hunted?

Another exciting one is Predator: Concrete Jungle, the game that deals with a shamed Predator returning to fix its past sins. It gives us a glimpse into their punitive actions against rule breakers and then how they offer it redemption by letting it embark on one grand hunt to reclaim some stolen gear.

So I am excited for Shane Black's film as it offers something new to expand the Predator universe.

(I do like your idea of a Predator set in a Dredd style building. Not gonna lie, it does sound awesome. I never tire of the classic "Predator hunt" story. But I also love to see them add new things too.)

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Feb 17, 2017, 03:10:53 AM
Another exciting one is Predator: Concrete Jungle, the game that deals with a shamed Predator returning to fix its past sins. It gives us a glimpse into their punitive actions against rule breakers and then how they offer it redemption by letting it embark on one grand hunt to reclaim some stolen gear.

You bring up Concrete Jungle and how this film could potential ring similar vibes to it, while also defending the Predator 2.0 idea, and why Predators would send something like this for a retrieval mission. So let me explain why on my viewpoint, a Predator 2.0 seems... unnecessary.

Concrete Jungle showed us that a normal Predator, is absolutely more than capable, provided if they are skilled enough, tenacious enough, intelligent enough, and resourceful enough-- that when they are going up against an enemy who has their technology already, and prevails-- are formidable enough to succeed, reclaim their technology back and do away with the enemies who attempted to use their technology against them. Sure, the Dark Blade clan had sent three Predators (as far as we know-- one of them being an Alpha type) who had failed, and were converted to cyborgs under control of Borgia Industries but Scarface alone was dangerous and quite formidable enough to deal with such enemies without genetic enhancement, and according to the storyline, tools which only a youngster would be given to prove himself all over again.

In my mind, and keeping Scarface in mind, tells me that the idea of a Predator 2.0 is rather... redundant. Now, I know you're going to say "But what if they're used for war?" and all of that... see, as much as I dislike the new EU, one of the things I do like is how they develop their technology quickly to be better than the ones who either stole their technology, or figured out how it works. I like to believe that Predators know that they are formidable, that they are deadly without any further enhancements to themselves but if they come across an opponent who is ready for them, they'll up the ante by improving their gear, all while retaining their proud warrior mentality.

To me, that gels and fits perfectly into what I feel is the Predator mythos (PREDATORS excluded) and I would prefer to see a Predator who is either a decked out Cleaner type like Wolf, or someone similar to Scarface who has the better gear, the better armor-- almost military grade (which was also seen in Extinction) to take out enemies who have such advanced technology or retro-engineered PredTech. Think well, an Anti-Predator Predator.

What I'm saying is... there are ways to expand upon the Predators, without the whole Predator 2.0 thing which seems to have gotten mixed reactions from folks. It's not so much the idea of this new creature being bigger, because Stone Heart comes to mind, and I was cool with him but the idea of trying to make something already bad-ass and formidable, more so through genetic manipulation when there are other alternatives which can achieve the same effect and more, without potentially harming the character we all know and love.

overthere

overthere

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 17, 2017, 02:38:12 AM
Quote from: Xan21 on Feb 16, 2017, 11:56:20 PM

Shane did say in someway... it was going to acknowledge it.

Shane said Predators are happening in the future so I doubt they're going to be mentioned.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: overthere on Feb 17, 2017, 03:59:17 AM
Shane said Predators are happening in the future so I doubt they're going to be mentioned.

Maybe not the events but it could have elements to it... like... the dogs.. as much as I hate those things.

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

I would love to see a fight between one of the Pred Hounds and a Alien. That would be cool to see. I know Alien would most likely win but the Hounds in Predators were tuff to kill. The mini gun was firing and they kept running after Royce and the others. I thought the Hounds were a cool addition to expanding on the Predator franchise.

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 17, 2017, 03:38:49 AM
Quote from: The Alien Predator on Feb 17, 2017, 03:10:53 AM

You bring up Concrete Jungle and how this film could potential ring similar vibes to it, while also defending the Predator 2.0 idea, and why Predators would send something like this for a retrieval mission. So let me explain why on my viewpoint, a Predator 2.0 seems... unnecessary.

Concrete Jungle showed us that a normal Predator, is absolutely more than capable, provided if they are skilled enough, tenacious enough, intelligent enough, and resourceful enough-- that when they are going up against an enemy who has their technology already, and prevails-- are formidable enough to succeed, reclaim their technology back and do away with the enemies who attempted to use their technology against them. Sure, the Dark Blade clan had sent three Predators (as far as we know-- one of them being an Alpha type) who had failed, and were converted to cyborgs under control of Borgia Industries but Scarface alone was dangerous and quite formidable enough to deal with such enemies without genetic enhancement, and according to the storyline, tools which only a youngster would be given to prove himself all over again.

In my mind, and keeping Scarface in mind, tells me that the idea of a Predator 2.0 is rather... redundant. Now, I know you're going to say "But what if they're used for war?" and all of that... see, as much as I dislike the new EU, one of the things I do like is how they develop their technology quickly to be better than the ones who either stole their technology, or figured out how it works. I like to believe that Predators know that they are formidable, that they are deadly without any further enhancements to themselves but if they come across an opponent who is ready for them, they'll up the ante by improving their gear, all while retaining their proud warrior mentality.

To me, that gels and fits perfectly into what I feel is the Predator mythos (PREDATORS excluded) and I would prefer to see a Predator who is either a decked out Cleaner type like Wolf, or someone similar to Scarface who has the better gear, the better armor-- almost military grade (which was also seen in Extinction) to take out enemies who have such advanced technology or retro-engineered PredTech. Think well, an Anti-Predator Predator.

What I'm saying is... there are ways to expand upon the Predators, without the whole Predator 2.0 thing which seems to have gotten mixed reactions from folks. It's not so much the idea of this new creature being bigger, because Stone Heart comes to mind, and I was cool with him but the idea of trying to make something already bad-ass and formidable, more so through genetic manipulation when there are other alternatives which can achieve the same effect and more, without potentially harming the character we all know and love.

Those are good points but then again, the new EU also states that Predator clans although similar, are also quite different.

For example, different clans have entirely different languages, not just dialects. This makes perfect sense.

I think that as a species, they're all obsessed with fighting and killing things, to me, it's kind of an instinctual and natural thing for them. Like being curious is a natural thing for a human, the desire to learn. For Predators, it's the desire to kill. They've evolved from a very predatory life form so I think their hunting culture is a way for them to take out this aggression on other species so as to maintain a somewhat "peaceful" existence amongst themselves without resorting to nuking each other into oblivion.

Notice how they've casually got wrist nukes? Imagine humans having that, terrorists would have a field day.

Anyway, my main point is, just because Predators have this hunting culture and these rules, doesn't mean they're a monoculture.

Super Predators are a prime example of this. This clan already has its own rules and customs, and even resorts to genetically tampering with itself to become "better" killers. They're a sentient race with disagreements, of course some will do things differently.

Just because 90% of the clans are a proud bunch who value their natural badassery, there will be those transhuman (transyautja?) clans who think they can become "better".

This is what I think you sometimes overlook, Rakai, to you it's "they're all like this, they all gotta act a certain way" and if some Predators don't, you tend to have a negative reaction to it.

Like the Super Preds and their different customs. I'm surprised you like the "Bad Blood" from the comic, as it pretty much behaves like them and I'm sure if it had access to genetic tampering tools, it'd change the heck out of itself for the lulz.

Out of curiosity, what did you think of the Killer Clan?

And I also don't get your hatred for the dogs either. In the new EU, some Predator clans are said to observe and be inspired by other races. A scientist in Rage War studied one of the clan's languages and noticed some Celtic sentence structure in the way they spoke. Clearly some members of this clan hunted Celts and picked up certain mannerisms which they brought with them and the clan adopted. They no doubt "borrowed" language mannerisms from other sapient prey as well.

So if they do this, why not hunting tactics as well? Didn't one of the NECA toys mention that Falconer was inspired by humans who used falcons to hunt? So he made the falcon drone in his hunts. Maybe some like Tracker either were inspired by human hunters or they independently tamed their own beasts that they saw had potential.

It doesn't cheapen anything about the race. It just goes to show that some clans couldn't care less about another clan's rules. Predators disagree on everything just like humans do. It's the consequence of being a sapient race of individuals. In fact, this diversity enriches the race and makes them scarier. What's this hunter gonna do compared to the last? Will dropping my weapon count as surrender or a challenge or will he not give a damn and just blast me to gibs?

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Feb 17, 2017, 04:56:11 AM
Those are good points but then again, the new EU also states that Predator clans although similar, are also quite different.

Guess this is gonna be a clash of different schools of thought here... The old EU showed that there were different Predator clans, but instead of telling us that they were different-- they showed us that they were different. However they were more similar to each other and the differences were very minimal. Of course, I am referring to the few instances when different clans were shown such as the Delta clan in Extinction. Also worth note, is that the old EU suggested that many Predator clans answered to a governing Council of Ancients, who more or less enforced the laws of the hunt which most Predator clans abided by.

I'm not sure if the new EU kept this concept but I doubt it that it did, and if it didn't... well, I don't know if the idea of NECA's Clan Leader idea of a Grand Elder is implemented or not. The only thing which I am telling you is what the old EU has informed it's readers for the past twenty something years before it was unfortunately dumped out for the new material.

For example, different clans have entirely different languages, not just dialects. This makes perfect sense.

Yeah, which does make sense and is one of the few elements of the new EU which I can actually agree with.

I think that as a species, they're all obsessed with fighting and killing things, to me, it's kind of an instinctual and natural thing for them. Like being curious is a natural thing for a human, the desire to learn. For Predators, it's the desire to kill. They've evolved from a very predatory life form so I think their hunting culture is a way for them to take out this aggression on other species so as to maintain a somewhat "peaceful" existence amongst themselves without resorting to nuking each other into oblivion.

We know that they are hunters and are a very proud warrior race. And we know that they hunt for the thrill of the sport, and also the challenge. However going by what the old EU had told us, they also hunted for a variety of reasons. The right to acquire better hunting gear and weapons. The right to breed. The right for hunting grounds. And also to climb a social ladder. This is likely something which has been ingrained into them while they were evolving on their homeworld, and they've revolved everything around the hunt. To them, it's something almost sacred. Do you dispute this or not?

Anyway, my main point is, just because Predators have this hunting culture and these rules, doesn't mean they're a monoculture.

I never once did say that they were a monoculture, and I think it's here where you're getting lost in assuming that. Let me explain. I am not saying that they are following one culture, but from what the old EU tells about the governing Council of Ancients-- they answered to a single authority, who enforce certain traditions and rules, and most especially laws on how the hunt was conducted. I'm sure that many clans from different continents or territories on homeworld have their own cultures and customs, which is fine and dandy but what I am saying is that the Council of Ancients, at least in the old EU, governed over a majority of numerous clans. And even if we look at the Hish-qu'ten version of the Predators, this was similar with a Conclave where the ruling heads of many clans answered to a Supreme Elder who gave their final word on how the Hunt was to be conducted.

Super Predators are a prime example of this. This clan already has its own rules and customs, and even resorts to genetically tampering with itself to become "better" killers. They're a sentient race with disagreements, of course some will do things differently.

Here is the thing about the Super Predators. We were told that these guys were supposed to be Outcast, that they were supposed to be genuinely psychotic, evil Predators who were sent onto the Preserve Planet as punishment. We were told this by Word of God from Mr. Robert Rodirguez and Nimrod Antal in a Hungarian magazine interview. We were never shown this in the film, we were never even given exposition through dialogue in the film. Nothing was shown or given as to how or why these guys were Outcasts. I think that if we were shown this, or explained this, they might have been seen more than just another "rival" clan. And as much as NECA's backstories aren't canon-- I like the idea that the traditional Yautja view the Super Predators as an entirely separate race and as heretics.

If there has to be rogue clans (and I know that there were many in the old EU but they were seldom seen) then explain why and show how they are rogue clans which are completely different from the ones we've seen in Predator, Predator 2, and AVP.

Like the Super Preds and their different customs. I'm surprised you like the "Bad Blood" from the comic, as it pretty much behaves like them and I'm sure if it had access to genetic tampering tools, it'd change the heck out of itself for the lulz.

The Super Predators were made for the rule of cool because Rodriguez and Litvak felt as if the original concept wasn't scary anymore and obsolete. That's one half of the problem with the Super Predators that I have with them. The other half was that they were hyped and failed to meet the hype. The original Bad Blood concept was done great, without the gimmick which the Super Predators needed. It was a psychotic Predator. It was the Jeffrey Dahmer of Predators, quoting the narration boxes in the comic and it was executed greatly.

Out of curiosity, what did you think of the Killer Clan?

I like them as a concept for a rogue clan. I think there are plenty of them out there, probably just as bad or worse. I accepted them more than the Super Predators, because in Three World War, as underwhelming as that storyline was-- the exposition of their backstory was given out, they were shown to be why they were considered an outcast and rogue clan, and why, according to Machiko-- many of the traditional clans, viewed them as heretics and aimed to drive this clan into extinction-- and seemingly came close to it, to where they were sent into hiding and made into a memory. The Killer Clan was one of the things I think Three World War did right, they explained how they were a rogue clan, and they showed how and why they were a rogue clan. They did both of those things, which made me accept them. They achieved what the Super Predators couldn't as a concept.

And I also don't get your hatred for the dogs either. In the new EU, some Predator clans are said to observe and be inspired by other races. A scientist in Rage War studied one of the clan's languages and noticed some Celtic sentence structure in the way they spoke. Clearly some members of this clan hunted Celts and picked up certain mannerisms which they brought with them and the clan adopted. They no doubt "borrowed" language mannerisms from other sapient prey as well.

I didn't like the dogs because I prefer the Predators to be trackers on their own. They have keen senses which even Nolan had said that they could hear us and smell us. To me, having the dogs seems like it's cheating. Now I don't mind rogue clans doing this. Why? Because they're assholes. The Killer Clan used them to great effect because they didn't give a damn about the laws of the hunt, and this was a large reason why they were seen as heretics. The use of animals were seen as a no-no according to Three World War, based on the reactions of the traditional clan and the backstory Machiko gave out. I don't mind rogue clan's doing this and using animals if they wanna be assholes. But traditional clans? I don't see it.

You also keep on referring to the new EU and me the old... Well, then, I guess this might as well be one of Doug Walker's Old vs New segments!

So if they do this, why not hunting tactics as well? Didn't one of the NECA toys mention that Falconer was inspired by humans who used falcons to hunt? So he made the falcon drone in his hunts. Maybe some like Tracker either were inspired by human hunters or they independently tamed their own beasts that they saw had potential.

I don't consider NECA's backstories to be canon... While NECA does have some good ideas like the Super Predators separating from their cousin race because they viewed the laws of the hunt as something which should be tossed away-- I wouldn't consider it canon and I don't think it is.

It doesn't cheapen anything about the race. It just goes to show that some clans couldn't care less about another clan's rules. Predators disagree on everything just like humans do. It's the consequence of being a sapient race of individuals. In fact, this diversity enriches the race and makes them scarier. What's this hunter gonna do compared to the last? Will dropping my weapon count as surrender or a challenge or will he not give a damn and just blast me to gibs?

Having different Predator cultures doesn't cheapen the race. On that, I agree but there seems to be a language barrier going on between you and me (not literally but...) which makes things difficult on what I'm trying to say to you. Here's what I'm trying to tell you on from what I've been told about the Predators from the films, and the EU which I surrounded myself with in the simplest way: Different clans, different cultures, different customs-- one ruling authority that enforces the rules. Those that don't follow are outcast clans. That's the simplest way which I can tell you. I mean if we look at Predator, Predator 2, AVP and AVP-R... seeing those Predators, do you think Diablo, Ghost, Scar, and Wolf were from the same clan? No, they weren't... but they operated in the hunt very similarly, and followed what seemed to be the rules of the hunt very similarly.

They were of different clans, different cultures and customs, but they clearly followed a set of rules closely-- if not rules than a set of guidelines (read this in Hector Barbossa's voice) more like it. And if you have to have a clan which completely deviates from this, show and explain that they are Rogues.

That's all I'm saying.

predator88

predator88

Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Feb 16, 2017, 11:39:11 PM
Movieweb posted a article on Dutch cameao, says he will appear at the end of the movie to save the day. I wonder if that's true.

No plot details have been reveled at the this time. But rumors persist that this latest installment in the Predator series will take place against a Suburban backdrop. We've also heard that it deals with the militarization of the Predator, and that the alien hunters will all be CG instead of practical men in suits. We've also heard that Arnold Schwarzenegger doesn't have a substantial role, and only appears in the very last few shots of the movie, as he arrives to save the day.
The preds will be CG? That shit for real? They go this way and this movie becomes even more tragic

goose_3387

goose_3387

Quote from: predator88 on Feb 17, 2017, 08:20:08 AM
Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Feb 16, 2017, 11:39:11 PM

The preds will be CG? That shit for real? They go this way and this movie becomes even more tragic

CG Preds? Until it's confirmed there's no need to press the panic button. If true then...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed