Splash Report Rumors

Started by ThePredatorUK, Feb 10, 2017, 09:01:54 PM

Author
Splash Report Rumors (Read 62,112 times)

Xan21

Xan21

Didn't like the nice guys... get the hell out

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR on Feb 16, 2017, 06:05:26 PM
Shane Blacks Ironman 3 was one of the worst superhero movies ever. Tony stark out of his suit 90 percent of the time. I didn't like The Nice Guys. I would like to see Nimrod Antal come back and direct a Predator movie from a great script from a good writer. Shane Black idk..... I know he was in the original. The ideal of the kid being added too is like why?

Iron Man 3 is the best Marvel movie. Great character study. Suit schmoot. And the nice guys was amazing.

Oh well.

Stealth_Hunter

Stealth_Hunter

Shane Blacks Ironman 3 was one of the worst superhero movies ever. Tony stark out of his suit 90 percent of the time. I didn't like The Nice Guys. I would like to see Nimrod Antal come back and direct a Predator movie from a great script from a good writer. Shane Black idk..... I know he was in the original. The ideal of the kid being added too is like why?

I couldn't disagree more. And what is wrong with having a kid in the movie?

Russ840

Russ840

To each his own I suppose. So far Shane black, for me, is 3 for 3 at the mo.

Loved Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Loved Iron Man 3

Loved The Nice Guys.

I love his scripts. Smart and funny with good dialogue.

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

Ironman 3 is overrated in a way that it made so much money. It was feeding off of The Avengers energy and that's why it made so much at the box office. But as a movie it's just horrible but that's just my opinion. Let's hope Shane Black takes the movie seriously.

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR on Feb 16, 2017, 06:47:34 PM
Ironman 3 is overrated in a way that it made so much money. It was feeding off of The Avengers energy and that's why it made so much at the box office. But as a movie it's just horrible but that's just my opinion. Let's hope Shane Black takes the movie seriously.

Out of interest. Why do you think it is horrible as a movie ?

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

Because it was mostly Tony Stark out of his suit almost the entire time and other reasons. I like the 1st Ironman out of the 3.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

So more suit would've made it better. Hmm.

Stealth_Hunter

Stealth_Hunter

QuoteLet's hope Shane Black takes the movie seriously.

I read that Black wanted IM3 to be darker and explore Stark's alcoholism but the studio insisted the tone stay lighter and explore his PTSD instead. Which is still dark for a film set in the Marvel universe. You're asking Black to take IM3, a family film, seriously all while Thor is bumbling around New Mexico in a hospital gown or something. Point is that the Marvel films don't take themselves too seriously but that doesn't mean their creators weren't serious about delivering the best film they could.

Russ840

Russ840

You like what you like. I love that it explored tony starks ptsd and was, although loud and Epic in ways, a more personal movie.

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 16, 2017, 10:50:39 AM
Quote from: The Alien Predator on Feb 16, 2017, 05:08:27 AMI think "Predator 2.0" might be a placeholder. I doubt it'd actually be called that in the movie.

Yeah, I highly doubt that's literally going to be its in-universe name.

I don't really see why there's so much grievance with the new Predator being a genetically modified freak. There could be any number of interesting reasons why it came to be, from some rouge nutjob Predator(s) making it for the anarchist lulz to something that was made for a legit purpose but got out of hand. What if there was something out there so threatening to the Predators they created this thing to fight it? That in itself could be an interesting angle.

Exactly, this is what I've been saying.

The Predators are clearly shown as a species that goes around hunting other races for fun. Just because they're badass hunter-warriors doesn't make them invincible.

If their prey figured out where they live, if their prey learned that there's other intelligent prey also being hunted and all of these aliens decide to unite? Then what? Baddassery and hunting rules only take you so far.

Like "AvP War" said - "in war, there are no rules." Their hunting rules will play no part during desperate situations. They're hunters at heart, and what do hunters seek to do? To win.

So, they likely create these "super soldiers", hyper-warriors so they can be ready to combat threats that come at them. The reason Predators are so dangerous is due to the element of surprise. Remove that and they're a bit more easier to deal with, sometimes even predictable if they stick by their usual "rules".

Humans have clearly shown themselves to be a hardcore and very dangerous species with potential to reverse engineer and turn their tools against the hunters (ala Concrete Jungle), jut because Scarface was successful in retrieving his stuff, doesn't mean it will always happen. Look at his predecessors who failed and got captured? Heck, Stone freakin' Heart who is bigger and stronger than Scarface got captured. I counted the amount of captives, those three in the intro that you later rescue to fight alongside you and then the three bosses, that's six failures to one success, with "normal Predators".

I'm sure these "2.0" guys come into play when the Predators decide to stop messing around and get serious. If their stuff gets captured, they'd rather succeed. People who say "why not send another Cleaner like Wolf," well that turned out well last time. Wolf didn't return.  :P

I understand that fans can be worried that new things could go wrong, but sometimes they could open up so many interesting possibilities like you said. Predators are advanced aliens, what stops them from making genetically modified ubermensch? Hell, what if it's not scientifically modified? What if it's selectively bred to be a warrior? Breeding the biggest males and females to make big and strong offspring to then be trained in arts of war?

Predator_Spirit

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Feb 16, 2017, 06:28:06 PM

It softens the tone of the  movie, in Predator 2 the kid was just seen briefly but in The Predator he is a main character.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Feb 16, 2017, 09:12:30 PM

It softens the tone of the  movie, in Predator 2 the kid was just seen briefly but in The Predator he is a main character.

Perfection.

Stealth_Hunter

Stealth_Hunter

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Feb 16, 2017, 09:12:30 PM

Aliens didn't feel soft to me but it might've been lesser of a movie compared to Alien in other peoples' points of view.

I can think of plenty of movies that have kids as main characters but the overall tone of the films is serious and dark. Room, Beasts of No Nation, Moonlight, Man on Fire, Running Scared, The Butterfly Effect, Southpaw, Homefront, The Equalizer, Logan, Safe, Leon the Professional, The Good Son, We Need to Talk About Kevin, The Babadook, The Monster, Sinister, the list definitely goes on.

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

Movieweb posted a article on Dutch cameao, says he will appear at the end of the movie to save the day. I wonder if that's true.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed