Test Screening Reactions

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 07, 2017, 08:34:43 PM

Author
Test Screening Reactions (Read 23,084 times)

Oblivion

Oblivion

You have seen the film Ingwar?

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 15, 2017, 01:00:56 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 15, 2017, 12:21:08 PMMy bad. I wasn't too precise. Let me put this another way: Covenant is more a prequel to Alien than sequel to Prometheus (however it's still sort of sequel).

No, it's a Prometheus sequel, because it continues David's story. Whether or not its a prequel to Alien reamins to be seen.

It's Prometheus sequel but it's more Alien prequel. My opinion. But to be honest it really doesn't matter how we gonna name it.
It's Alien movie :)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 15, 2017, 01:05:22 PMIt's Prometheus sequel but it's more Alien prequel.

Except it might not be, because we have no idea what it's really about.

It might have nothing to do with the events of Alien.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 15, 2017, 12:21:08 PMNot without a reason its tone and vibe is mixture of Alien/Aliens.

So what? Having a similar tone doesn't make it a prequel. Otherwise countless films could be classified as prequels to Alien.

I was referring to Alien universe not other Sci-Fi thrillers.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 15, 2017, 01:06:53 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 15, 2017, 01:05:22 PMIt's Prometheus sequel but it's more Alien prequel.

It might not but according to Ridley Scott it will be. He said that. What will happen? We have to wait and see.

Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 15, 2017, 12:21:08 PMNot without a reason it's got Alien in the title instead of Prometheus.

They did that because they think it'll get more people to go watch it (and are probably right).

Then why haven't they done it in the first place? They named movie with title Prometheus because they wanted make movie related to Alien but non-Alien in traditional way. Now they changed they minds and we got Alien in the title. It's not a coincidence and I'm not talking here about box office. It's clear evidence that they decided to abandon their ideas and go the other route.

Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 15, 2017, 12:21:08 PMNot without a reason Fox
Spoiler
got rid of Shaw who meant to be the main protagonist in Prometheus sequel.
[close]

Spoiler
Except she's in it... And who says she was originally meant to be the main protagonist in the sequel? I honestly don't think they knew precisely where they were going after Prometheus until comparatively recently.
[close]

Agree but they must had some idea about Prometheus sequel. Idea that has been abandon. For that reason we got Covenant now.

Quote from: Oblivion on Feb 15, 2017, 01:01:48 PM

I wish :)

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 15, 2017, 01:07:02 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 15, 2017, 12:21:08 PMNot without a reason its tone and vibe is mixture of Alien/Aliens.

So what? Having a similar tone doesn't make it a prequel. Otherwise countless films could be classified as prequels to Alien.

I was referring to Alien universe not other Sci-Fi thrillers.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 15, 2017, 01:06:53 PM

It might not but according to Ridley Scott it will be. He said that. What will happen? We have to wait and see.

Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 15, 2017, 12:21:08 PMNot without a reason it's got Alien in the title instead of Prometheus.

They did that because they think it'll get more people to go watch it (and are probably right).

Then why haven't they done it in the first place? They named movie with title Prometheus because they wanted make movie related to Alien but non-Alien in traditional way. Now they changed they minds and we got Alien in the title. It's not a coincidence and I'm not talking here about box office. It's clear evidence that they decided to abandon their ideas and go the other route.

Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 15, 2017, 12:21:08 PMNot without a reason Fox
Spoiler
got rid of Shaw who meant to be the main protagonist in Prometheus sequel.
[close]

Spoiler
Except she's in it... And who says she was originally meant to be the main protagonist in the sequel? I honestly don't think they knew precisely where they were going after Prometheus until comparatively recently.
[close]

Agree but they must had some idea about Prometheus sequel. Idea that has been abandon. For that reason we got Covenant now.

Quote from: Oblivion on Feb 15, 2017, 01:01:48 PM

I wish :)

Something happened to make Shaw think that putting David's head back on his body was a good idea, and pretty much that is Prometheus 2 (which we will never see but might be able to read).  Either that or after the drugs/adrenaline wore off she went back to her stupid, naive self (lets face it, she was pretty dumb early on in the film). 

The Film was abandoned because Fox figures Nostalgia will sell better then anything new.  In the last few years reboots/soft reboots/whatever have all become huge.  There is more power in the Alien name now than 5 years ago.  Look at Terminator Genesys, awful as it was it made heaps of money internationally.  Same with Planet of the Apes shit, and the same with MAD MAX.  So yeah, time to slap the Alien name on the franchise again.

It sucks because as flawed as Prometheus might have been, I was thinking spending more time in that world would be fun.  Now were are gonna spend time transitioning back from Prometheus world to Alien and it is gonna be weird.

D. Compton Ambrose

I have a sneaking suspicion that this is going to be a strong "5" (out of 10) at best.

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

That bad, huh? It's not see to people are going in with such guarded expectations after Prometheus burst their bubbles, the first time around, and an over-hyped trailer that ALSO burst everyone's bubble.

Pvt. Himmel

CainsSon

Stolen

Anthony

Anthony

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed