DH Announces Predator: Hunters!

Started by Ultramorph, Feb 09, 2017, 09:30:33 PM

Author
DH Announces Predator: Hunters! (Read 44,514 times)

BountyHunter

My Big Game and Nemesis back issues arrived today, so I'll be reading these at work tonight before I start Hunters.

happypred

happypred

Enjoy...both are great IMO

Russ840

Russ840

You need Bad Blood as well.

BountyHunter

Uh oh. How come? It's connected to Hunters as well?

And I loved Big Game. Wasn't sold on Nemesis. Maybe if they'd not included Mycroft Holmes and Lestrade in it, but they did.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: BountyHunter on Jun 13, 2017, 11:20:24 PM

And I loved Big Game. Wasn't sold on Nemesis. Maybe if they'd not included Mycroft Holmes and Lestrade in it, but they did.

Bad Blood is connected to hunters but its also a pretty great predator series. Its wacky, hyper violent, and really really bloody.

BountyHunter

Ok, I will try and track that one down too.

happypred

happypred

I don't think Bad Blood is more violent than Big Game

Predator comics from the early to mid 90s were pretty much all hyper-violent.

Big Game was really good though. It totally captured the Predator's ruthlessness IMO...great action.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Got around to reading the first two issues, and I'm hoping things pick up in a big way. The series has been a bit two heavy on the set-up and dialog dumps. I also can't decide if it like or dislike the art. The coloring is great, and so are some of the spreads, but I'll have to see more of the Preds to decide if I like how they're depicted.

Russ840

Russ840

I quite enjoyed the set up from the first two issues. There was a nice amount of action threaded throughout.

Lonely Universe

I wish they would recanonize the old stuff from all the series. Maybe do reprints of the Omnibus editions that change a few dates & names around. Viola.

Then you have a launchpad for sequels to all those old stories that can incorporate elements from the newer films.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 13, 2017, 11:42:44 PM
Quote from: BountyHunter on Jun 13, 2017, 11:20:24 PM

Bad Blood is connected to hunters but its also a pretty great predator series. Its wacky, hyper violent, and really really bloody.
I'd be pretty okay with Bad Blood getting adapted as a movie.

Quote from: Lonely Universe on Jun 14, 2017, 08:28:05 PM
I wish they would recanonize the old stuff from all the series. Maybe do reprints of the Omnibus editions that change a few dates & names around. Viola.
You really wouldn't even need to go that far, there's nothing in the old comics that really contradicts anything.

Naginata

Naginata

Quote from: Lonely Universe on Jun 14, 2017, 08:28:05 PM

I agree with this so damn much. Since everything after Genocide stayed away from messing with the movies, this method wouldn't run into the problems of the first couple Aliens comics, where they just changed the names of characters who were just straight-up Ripley and co.

SM

SM

It would still run into problems.  Some minor; some not.

Russ840

Russ840

Russ840

Another solid issue. So far this is a good series. Not remarkable, but i am enjoying it more than most Predator comics.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed