Predict Alien: Covenant Rotten Tomatoe and IMDB score!

Started by salomonj, Feb 09, 2017, 06:50:05 AM

Author
Predict Alien: Covenant Rotten Tomatoe and IMDB score! (Read 14,003 times)

Ingwar

Quote from: 426Buddy on Feb 09, 2017, 01:06:26 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 09, 2017, 10:17:09 AM
I'm going to be f'ing blunt. If
Spoiler
the alien goes out of the goddamn airlock
[close]
again; it's going to be in the low 30%.

Well if you're in a space ship and you have no way to neutralize the acid, there aren't a whole lot of options when it comes to killing it and still having a ride home.

Yeah. If James Cameron did it why Ridley cannot do it again? I don't have problem with that.

SuicideDoors

Im looking forward to seeing what it ends up on through metacritic too.

At the moment, my instincts tell me it's probably going to review worse than Prometheus with the critics. I just feel as though the Alien brand and all the gore will diminish its appeal among those who review films thinking theyre Art and not movies.

Low end 40% range

High end 70% range

I hope to God it scores in the 80's though!

Feeds On Minds

I personally hope it crashes and burns, both on Rotten Tomatoes AND the box office.  Maybe then we can move this series away from Ridley's botched prequel story line.

Ingwar

Quote from: Feeds On Minds on Feb 09, 2017, 03:06:17 PM
I personally hope it crashes and burns, both on Rotten Tomatoes AND the box office.  Maybe then we can move this series away from Ridley's botched prequel story line.

I personally hope it's gonna be a massive success so we can watch another 2 Scott's Alien movies.

Corporal Hicks

If it crashes and burns I doubt we're likely to get another one for a while.

Pvt. Himmel

Bite your tongue. :P

salomonj

Quote from: Astronoë on Feb 09, 2017, 12:06:13 PM
Well, this is a new low for this forum...bringing in rotten  tomatoes which is owned by Warner Bros n IMDB which torpedoed their own forums...  :-\

How about we throw these two into the trash instead where they belong?

I prefer to make my own decisions, but still like to see reviews but that's from movie enthusiasts on youtube for example who do their own thing n aren't owned by any company though I don't trust any of them 100%
Yeah lol I'm actually a refugee from the IMDB boards which is why I just joined. It sucks, Ive been a faithful member for years now.

Feeds On Minds

I'll be totally ok if we don't get another one for a LONG while...maybe I'm alone on this, but I wholeheartedly favor quality over quantity.

Corporal Hicks

Would much rather have quality over quantity. Which is why I hope Covenant is actually good.

Quote from: salomonj on Feb 09, 2017, 03:27:20 PM
I'm actually a refugee from the IMDB boards which is why I just joined.

Welcome to AvP Galaxy!  :) Please take the time to have a read through our rules and feel free to message any staff with any queries.  :)

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Feeds On Minds on Feb 09, 2017, 03:42:41 PM
I'll be totally ok if we don't get another one for a LONG while...maybe I'm alone on this, but I wholeheartedly favor quality over quantity.

I agree. If this turns out good than he should continue if not then they should wait for a long time.

426Buddy

I hope every Alien flick is great, I really hope this one turns out this time.

I think Prometheus just barely missed the mark, but could have been great with some changes.

Even then I'll take a Prometheus over a Resurrection/AvP/AvPR any day of the week.

salomonj

salomonj

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 09, 2017, 03:45:06 PM
Would much rather have quality over quantity. Which is why I hope Covenant is actually good.

Quote from: salomonj on Feb 09, 2017, 03:27:20 PM
I'm actually a refugee from the IMDB boards which is why I just joined.

Welcome to AvP Galaxy!  :) Please take the time to have a read through our rules and feel free to message any staff with any queries.  :)
Thanks and will do! I'm really happy to be here, so far from what I've seen Im liking it more than IMDB MB since you guys are wayyyyyyy more on topic. IMDB had way to many trolls and spammers.

Also, wasn't there a 15 minute preview/screening that was very fan pleasing? I recall a critic (forgot his name) who said he loved the 15 minute footage and I found his review of Prometheus which he gave a 4/10. So it seems its doing much better than the 2012 prequel (which I loved until the third act)

Ingwar

Quote from: salomonj on Feb 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM
Also, wasn't there a 15 minute preview/screening that was very fan pleasing? I recall a critic (forgot his name) who said he loved the 15 minute footage and I found his review of Prometheus which he gave a 4/10. So it seems its doing much better than the 2012 prequel (which I loved until the third act)

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=55789.0

Anthony

Anthony

Guessing either high 60's to low 80's, based on Ridley's past few films. It's always possible that we could have another Exodus though.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 09, 2017, 03:11:47 PM

If it crashes and burns I doubt we're likely to get another one for a while.

Probably at least a decade wait for a new film should Covenant fail (like the wait between Resurrection and Prometheus). I'd hope they won't slam the reboot button and try doing a film that's both a sequel to Aliens and a sequel to Covenant.

Feeds On Minds

To me; Scott and Lindelof screwed up to back story so completely, that any continuation of said story is already tainted right out of the gate.

Plus, for me, the trailer and spoilers haven't done this film any favors.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed