Predict Alien: Covenant Rotten Tomatoe and IMDB score!

Started by salomonj, Feb 09, 2017, 06:50:05 AM

Author
Predict Alien: Covenant Rotten Tomatoe and IMDB score! (Read 14,148 times)

salomonj

and the reason(s) why.

RT: 86%
IMDB: 8.3-4

1. Ridley Scott is at the point at his career where he can do whatever he wants. Anything he wants done in this movie can and will be done.

2. Prometheus wasn't a horrible movie, most of the criticism was from old fans who were exspecting the horror, intensity and Xenomorphs of the original.If you add those three elements in and do it well than percentage will shoot up 15-20%. Bring them nostalgia and they will love you.

3. We haven't seen Ridley Scott do a Alien movie since Alien (Prometheus doesn't count)

4. The visuals will be dark and incredible.

skhellter

^ #optimistic ^

juxtapose

juxtapose

very optimistic indeed, but i hope you right. .spoilers don't ever spoil a movie for me, perhaps only if it's a big twist i wandered upon. .bad reviews on the other hand. .

. .not that a bad review would take away from my enjoyment of the movie much. .but it tends to temper my excitement and anticipation levels. .

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

RT: 60%
IMDB: 6.9. Near other big budget genre fare like world war z Jurassic world and Prometheus

I've avoided spoilers and details on purpose. But the trailer reflects to me a film that'll be a solid action horror with a couple of Prometheus-tier brilliant moments due to David. It feels very Spielberg going through the motions with Jurassic park 2

Would love to be wrong though. I need to be wrong. I need to love the shit out of it. Alien has a piece of my heart and soul and transcends casual amusement as I'm sure it does for everyone here

Ingwar

I don't like predicting things like that. It doesn't make any sense. Whatever will, be will be. Besides I hate Rotten Potatoes ;) I don't care what critics have to say.

whiterabbit

I'm going to be f'ing blunt. If
Spoiler
the alien goes out of the goddamn airlock
[close]
again; it's going to be in the low 30%.

skhellter

Necronomicon II

79% - 81% An improvement but it remains to be seen how an all out gore fest will go down.

Stolen

Hard to say.
If it was a shit by Marvel and Disney it would be over 90%.
But it's not a Disney movie so will have to wait and hope that is really good!

Corporal Hicks

Low-end hopes, 60%, high-end hopes 80%.

Impossible to make an educated guess at this point though.

Astronoë

Well, this is a new low for this forum...bringing in rotten  tomatoes which is owned by Warner Bros n IMDB which torpedoed their own forums...  :-\

How about we throw these two into the trash instead where they belong?

I prefer to make my own decisions, but still like to see reviews but that's from movie enthusiasts on youtube for example who do their own thing n aren't owned by any company though I don't trust any of them 100%

SiL

How is this a low ??? Why the melodrama?  :-\

Corporal Hicks

They're aggregators so they're especially useful for an overview opinion. The very basic concepts of those websites are perfectly fine and valid.

Samus007

RT = 72%
IMDB = 7.0

I don't think the film will be any better or any worse than Prometheus to be honest. Of course impossible to tell at this time really, but just a guess.

426Buddy

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 09, 2017, 10:17:09 AM
I'm going to be f'ing blunt. If
Spoiler
the alien goes out of the goddamn airlock
[close]
again; it's going to be in the low 30%.

Well if you're in a space ship and you have no way to neutralize the acid, there aren't a whole lot of options when it comes to killing it and still having a ride home.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed