Should There Be a "In Memory Of" Tribute to John Hurt??

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Feb 07, 2017, 04:54:38 PM

Should there be a tribute to John Hurt??

Yes.
27 (71.1%)
No.
11 (28.9%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author
Should There Be a "In Memory Of" Tribute to John Hurt?? (Read 3,814 times)

Ingwar

One day when all cast will be no more and they make another Alien movie I would like to see something like that:

In Memory of Ripley, Dallas, Lambert, Brett, Kane, Ash, Parker and Jones ;)

That would be cool.

whiterabbit

It really doesn't matter if they do or not but there's no reason too. Usually when such text is added in it is because the creator of said work or someone working on a film drops dead during it's production. Hurt is neither of these and it's a distraction unless it's added in at the very end of the credits.

No.

BishopShouldGo

Yeah. It doesn't make sense. It's awkward. John didn't work on the movie.

Even at the very end of the credits, it's weird and not warranted.

426Buddy

Got it now, wasn't aware you had to work on a film to get a dedication in it.

Someone should have posted the rules first. :)

HABIT

Yeah, it'd be nice.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: 426Buddy on Feb 07, 2017, 10:10:20 PM

It happens.

OpenMaw

Yes, absolutely.

John Hurt gave a fantastic performance, is the on screen progenitor of the first Alien we ever saw, and is a talented actor. Tip of the hat I say.

And Giger too, while we're at it.

SM

There should be a tribute in his final film (Darkest Hour due out November).

I don't think it's appropriate in Covenant.

Richman678

Well don't forget the movie night end in a really dark and twisted manner. (I have not read any spoilers I'm just generalizing)

Say it ends with Daniels being tortured and egg morphed by Shaw from Prometheus. Then just fade to black and credits quietly roll...... lol do you really want to see a memorium at this point?

They can wait till the end of the credits too with a "for John" or whatever you want. Same with one for Giger.

SM

If you're going to put it right at the end of the credits, which people won't watch, don't bother.  It's insulting.

SiL

You can dedicate a film to people without putting it in the credits.

whiterabbit

The question is should such a tribute to John Hurt be in Alien Covenant. Also a dedication should mean something more than a last second thought. The movie's production is nearly through and it wasn't made with him in mind at all.

Putting it at the end of the credits can very much take the wind out of the movie. The credits are a great time to digest what you've just seen and having a "btw you remember so and so, yea he died" thing is distracting. Of course putting it at the end of the credits is insulting.

426Buddy

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 08, 2017, 02:46:25 AM
Putting it at the end of the credits can very much take the wind out of the movie. The credits are a great time to digest what you've just seen and having a "btw you remember so and so, yea he died" thing is distracting. Of course putting it at the end of the credits is insulting.

I always miss the credits because I'm running to get in line for the bathroom.

whiterabbit

Quote from: 426Buddy on Feb 08, 2017, 02:53:23 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 08, 2017, 02:46:25 AM

I always miss the credits because I'm running to get in line for the bathroom.
That's why you never get the large soda even if it's only 50 cents more than the little $7.99 small soda. pro-tip. :P

cliffhanger

Quote from: 426Buddy on Feb 07, 2017, 10:10:20 PM

i'll repeat, it seems like you like everyone to accept your 'rules'. evidently, people think otherwise. live and let live?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed