Should There Be a "In Memory Of" Tribute to John Hurt??

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Feb 07, 2017, 04:54:38 PM

Should there be a tribute to John Hurt??

Yes.
27 (71.1%)
No.
11 (28.9%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author
Should There Be a "In Memory Of" Tribute to John Hurt?? (Read 3,813 times)

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Should there be a tribute like that for John Hurt seeing as how His character Kane was the very first human victim,  It ranks as one of the late veteran's most iconic film scenes, and is the stuff of movie legend - and could genuinely be one of cinema's greatest ever scenes.

I think it would be perfect seeing as how we may find out who made the xeno that eventually facehugged him years later.

Ingwar

I liked John Hurt but I cannot see why would they do that? He performed in one Alien movie and it was long, long time ago in the galaxy. If it was Sigourney Weaver (I don't want her to die yet :)) then I would say 'yes'.

cliffhanger

Kimo

If your talking about having an "In Memory" at the end credits of Covenant credits?

Well If they did that in Covenant it would not bother me, I would probably smile seeing it. I mean, John Hurt was an awsome Actor and defo one of the best in his line of work... But I don't think it's needed in Covenant because his role in Alien (why very memorable) was rather short, and his character was just another victim of the Alien. However say it was Sigourney Weaver who died, then that would make sense because her presence in the Alien Universe is strong because the Alien films and Sigourney Weaver have turned Ripley in to a legendary movie female Icon.

A bit off topic. But i can imagine them doing this "in memoriam" with Carrie Fisher in the next Star Wars film since she was a icon for females in the Star Wars universe.

426Buddy

Quote from: cliffhanger on Feb 07, 2017, 05:40:24 PM
No.

Why?

Why would anyone even have a problem if "In memory of John Hurt" showed up in the credits?

I can understand being indifferent to its inclusion but to be firmly against it seems unreasonable.

Enoch

Quote from: 426Buddy on Feb 07, 2017, 07:14:40 PM
Why?

Why would anyone even have a problem if "In memory of John Hurt" showed up in the credits?

I can understand being indifferent to its inclusion but to be firmly against it seems unreasonable.

Agreed!

Richman678

Does he have anything to do with the Prequel movies? No

Is he important to the Alien Franchise? Yes

I wouldnt be bothered by this to be honest. Make it nice and simple "For John"

FreeFacehugz

FreeFacehugz

No joke I was pretty much gonna make the same thread topic here yesterday. Only I think it will be "This film is dedicated to John Hurt."

He played Kane who is one of the most iconic characters in the franchise, being the first on screen victim of the ALIEN in arguably the 2 most iconic scenes in the movie (and the franchise). The egg scene in the Derelict and of course, the last meal before going back to the old freezarino's with a terrific performance of sheer pain that no one in real life could relate to. It obviously helped place the movie as one of the greatest movies ever made.
His almost childlike awe and eagerness to see what was on LV-426 led him to give birth to what became known as Kane's son.

All this plus his franchise pushing cameo in Spaceballs?

It would be a real shame if this movie was not dedicated to John Hurt and I would be truly shocked if Ridley doesn't.

Scorpio

Hurt was only in that one film, though.  Giger, on the other hand, designs have influenced every movie.  I would be disappointed if they don't dedicate the film to Giger, even though he died 3 years ago.

BishopShouldGo

No. That would be weird.

426Buddy

I think this whole discussion is weird.

Never in my life would I have expected an Alien fan forum to have a problem with adding an "in memory of John Hurt" to the credits of a new alien film.

Crazy world indeed.

cliffhanger

No.

Why?

you're filling in parts for yourself in other people's statements where you think you see gaps, don't do that.
and especially don't do i with me, i don't generally enjoy that.
i never said i would have a problem with an "in memory of john hurt".

i stated a simple no to a simple question whether there should be a 'in memory'.

it's funny how people go all out crazy over varying opinions.

there are plenty likeminded people here i see that share the same thought.
WHY would there be a 'in loving memory' for John Hurt in a movie that John Hurt has not been involved in at all.
Yes, he was in the original movie shortly. that's where it ended. end of story.

and again, regarding this little golden nugget

you know what's unreasonable, getting that i'm firmly against it from a simple NO.
and it's also unreasonable to expect or think people must only follow the op's concensus.

if you only want to see "YES LORDS OF THE UNIVERSE, MAKE IT SO" then dont post it in a forum and phrase
it like you should; demanding people agreeing and then making sure there can be no replies that differ.

now thank you, keep from filling in answers from people that never gave that answer.

426Buddy

Quote from: cliffhanger on Feb 07, 2017, 07:59:48 PM
No.

Why?

you're filling in parts for yourself in other people's statements where you think you see gaps, don't do that.
i never said i would have a problem with an "in memory of john hurt".

i stated a simple no to a simple question whether there should be a 'in memory'.

it's funny how people go all out crazy over varying opinions.

there are plenty likeminded people here i see that share the same thought.
WHY would there be a 'in loving memory' for John Hurt in a movie that John Hurt has not been involved in at all.
Yes, he was in the original movie shortly. that's where it ended. end of story.

and again, regarding this little golden nugget

you know what's unreasonable, getting that i'm firmly against it from a simple NO.
and it's also unreasonable to expect or think people must only follow the op's concensus.

if you only want to see "YES LORDS OF THE UNIVERSE, MAKE IT SO" then dont post it in a forum and phrase
it like you should; demanding people agreeing and then making sure there can be no replies that differ.

now thank you, keep from filling in answers from people that never gave that answer.

Wow you're acting like I was attacking you for asking why you would be against it, how did i go all out crazy over your opinion?.  I never demanded anything and I find your response overly aggressive and fairly creepy.

Kane was in the first film of this franchise and that alone should enough to include a little "in memory of" or whatever in the credits.

Ingwar

Harry Dean Stanton is 90
Ian Holm is 85
Tom Skerritt is 83
Yaphet Kotto is 77
Sigourney Weaver and Veronica Cartwright are 67

Will all respect - and I don't want to be rude, I'm just honest - but each time somebody from that list dies then studio will dedicate Alien movie to them? My answer is simple NO except Sigourney Weaver and we all know why.

426Buddy

Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 07, 2017, 08:58:06 PM

Will all respect - and I don't want to be rude, I'm just honest - but each time somebody from that list dies then studio will dedicate Alien movie to them? My answer is simple NO except Sigourney Weaver and we all know why.

If any of them just happen to die right before an  upcoming film is released then yeah it would be nice to throw something in.

Its not like it would cost any money and it would in no way effect the film itself.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed