2 different species.2 different facehuggers?

Started by swarm87, Feb 04, 2017, 05:17:44 PM

Author
2 different species.2 different facehuggers? (Read 2,444 times)

swarm87

swarm87

i was watching a video on YouTube the other day and noticed something , barring avp/r, alien3, and resurrection as those creature either didnt come from human hosts,  were the result of tampering with the xenos to make them better to hunt(cunning of the dome heads, grow faster, predictable queen based breeding),had human dna mixed in, or the result of "direct injection" from a grown alien; there are different xenos from different facehuggers. the facehugger in alien looked like this
and resulted in an 8 foot creature with 6 fingers, a domed head, human like intelligence and reproduced through eggmorphing(supposedly) creature

in aliens the facehuggers looked like this

which resulted in the 5.5-6.5 foot, 3 fingered, ridge-headed, amimal intellegence , queen based reproduction creature

also in aliens Russ Jordan accessed the ship and egg chanber through a crack in the hull as opposed to entering like the mostromo crew did.

kind of find this interesting that this wasn't in the weylan yutani report because it does look like there are 2 different 'races' of xenos

white i understand  this may be a result of better animatronics, the only time you see the 'proper Gieger alien' in film canon is after a host is infected with the facehugger in the first picture  or am i reading too much into this?

oberonqa

oberonqa

It's a nice line of thought... there has been some discussion over the years since Prometheus came out over the possibility of there being different variations of the Accelerant which had different properties.  If that logic were applied to the Derelict in Alien (different variations of eggs and facehuggers instead of different variations of Accelerant), I could see this being a way to give a canon-friendly explanation for the visual differences in the creature design.

That being said though, you could be overthinking it a bit.  I'll leave that judgement to more established members of the community to decide, though.  For what it's worth, I like it and don't think your overthinking it.

Local Trouble

I think it's just another one of those subtle design changes that you're just supposed to accept without question.

Valaquen

I liked Cameron's addition to the facehugger; it fits Giger's style. To think he got grief over the Alien eggs having vaginas  :laugh:

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

This is how I always justified the differences too. Ditto the eggs -- in Aliens the petals are bigger and fold differently

Scorpio

If you watch the scene where the facehugger attacks Kane in slow motion you can see the facehugger has three tubes, not one. 

Quote from: Valaquen on Feb 04, 2017, 08:06:08 PM
I liked Cameron's addition to the facehugger; it fits Giger's style.

I think Giger would make it look more phallic.

Corporal Hicks

Something I liked in Spaihts' Prometheus script was David saying each cargo bay in the Derelict contained a different variation of the Alien.

SM

One hugger was dead and one was alive and in attack mode.

Also curious about the "human intelligence" of the Nostromo creature and 5.5' height of the Hadley Aliens.

swarm87

Quote from: SM on Feb 04, 2017, 10:00:23 PM
One hugger was dead and one was alive and in attack mode.

Also curious about the "human intelligence" of the Nostromo creature and 5.5' height of the Hadley Aliens.

the height thing was in reference to a quote from an interview about the stunt men in aliens, don't remember who exactly said it though

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

They also made 8' tall puppets and used camea trickery to make the performers appear taller

SM

Yeah they're supposed to be around 7'-8'.  The height of the stunties is neither here nor there.

Scorpio

They need a shot like Lambert and the alien (or when Dutch confronts the predator for the first time) that shows the size difference, so we can see they how big they are.  Because 8 feet tall is quite massive and to see an alien that size would be effective on screen.  But we rarely ever got that so they might just be 5 feet tall for all we know. 

SM

Have a look at the scene where Burke gets nailed.
He's clearly not looking up at something five foot tall.

StrangeShape

Quote from: SM on Feb 05, 2017, 09:48:22 AM
Have a look at the scene where Burke gets nailed.
He's clearly not looking up at something five foot tall.

Or when one blocks the apc door

SM

That too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed