Lets make a trip.

Started by Infected, Jan 31, 2017, 12:31:54 PM

Author
Lets make a trip. (Read 4,858 times)

Infected

Infected

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 01, 2017, 11:40:09 AM
Another thing about the crew. Just how well is the vetting process if one of them needs to be replaced. I don't want no terrorist sneaking on board or worse, an android with ulterior motives who we don't even know is an android.
Mental state of our volunteers is highly on our list and our androids will keep a close eye on our mental state, as we will go to a planet wich has daytime for 72 hours, so ecpext no problems of terrorism of such kind.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Yes we need kitties. :)

Oh and do the couples have to be one type orientation??

Infected

Infected

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 01, 2017, 11:53:06 AM
Quote from: InfectedWe wont be going on any rescue mission on the way back, unless its something huge we cant deny, meaning new lifeforms or other unknown vessels in space.
And there it is. Guys, odds are, we're not going to be coming back.

I have to be married to get a bonus? and no sexaroids. That's unfair. Ok then, can we bring a cat?
We try not to bring any of our animals, as it could infect the enviroment or possibly create something we cant control or have an understanding of.
Humans only.

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Feb 01, 2017, 11:55:30 AM
Yes we need kitties. :)

Oh and do the couples have to be one type orientation??
Re-producing is a must if we want to create life.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

I for one am Both ways so that wouldn't be an issue for me.

Infected

Infected

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Feb 01, 2017, 12:00:00 PM
You dont have to be in the couples theme, you can be a volunteer for exploration and bring your own "equipment"

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Infected on Feb 01, 2017, 12:02:04 PM
You dont have to be in the couples theme, you can be a volunteer for exploration and bring your own "equipment"

I will get back to you with my decision.

Infected

Infected

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Feb 01, 2017, 12:03:40 PM
Quote from: Infected on Feb 01, 2017, 12:02:04 PM

I will get back to you with my decision.
Looking forward to it.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

What if I leave my cat on the main ship which is orbiting outside of the planet. My cat is orange.

Infected

Infected

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 01, 2017, 12:14:41 PM
What if I leave my cat on the main ship which is orbiting outside of the planet. My cat is orange.
The ship is sterile, there will be too much risk involved, a cat bacterie in an alien like spore could be extremely dangerous for the wildlife on the new planet, evolution has it ways.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Infected on Feb 01, 2017, 12:16:37 PM
The ship is sterile, there will be too much risk involved, a cat bacterie in an alien like spore could be extremely dangerous for the wildlife on the new planet, evolution has it ways.
Oh come on, this is an alien world. It's evolutionary path will be entirely different from ours. The odds of either our virus/bacteria or the alien virus/bacteria having any effect on the other is almost nil. Plus my cats has all of it's shots. I also just drop a couple grand on having 2/3rds of his teeth pulled. So it's not like he can bite anything over there. I mean I love the thing more than half the planet loves their own kids. Can you at least put him on ice for the time being? I'd like to return to Earth and at least have something to connect too. He'd actually make a great mascot or are you just worried that I'll blow the ship up to save him?

Yea he's actually an awesome cat.  :laugh:

Infected

Infected

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 01, 2017, 12:25:11 PM
Quote from: Infected on Feb 01, 2017, 12:16:37 PM
Oh come on, this is an alien world. It's evolutionary path will be entirely different from ours. The odds of either our virus/bacteria or the alien virus/bacteria having any effect on the other is almost nil. Plus my cats has all of it's shots. I also just drop a couple grand on having 2/3rds of his teeth pulled. So it's not like he can bite anything over there. I mean I love the thing more than half the planet loves their own kids. Can you at least put him on ice for the time being? I'd like to return to Earth and at least have something to connect too. He'd actually make a great mascot or are you just worried that I'll blow the ship up to save him?

Yea he's actually an awesome cat.  :laugh:
Your behaviour is becoming unstable, if you are still applying for the trip we will need a second or higher screening test.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Wait, you mean you didn't have a second or higher screening test prepared before hand? Unless the subjects seemed unstable? So if I just said what you wanted to hear and agreed to the terms I would have gotten on board like that? Pretty poor vetting. I think you need to rethink your terms. For 1.7 million you are not going to get a competent crew. You're going to get what Weyland got in Prometheus.

;D My god this is probably exactly how Weyland hired his crew.

Infected

Infected

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 01, 2017, 12:41:31 PM
Wait, you mean you didn't have a second or higher screening test prepared before hand? Unless the subjects seemed unstable? So if I just said what you wanted to hear and agreed to the terms I would have gotten on board like that? Pretty poor vetting. I think you need to rethink your terms. For 1.7 million you are not going to get a competent crew. You're going to get what Weyland got in Prometheus.

;D My god this is probably exactly how Weyland hired his crew.
Our methods are perfect and suitable for the job we need them to be.

markweatherill

markweatherill

I'd like to apply. My qualifications: I like rocks. My contract must include a clause excluding me from any activity involving GIANT DEAD BODIES.

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

I'll start with the obvious flaw here: it's not worth it financially AT ALL.

1.7 million EURO? plus a meager 1000 euro monthly stay-pay? let's say you stay 10 months, thats 10.000 euro 'salary'? on a 1.7 total paycheck? lol.
let's take some reasoning here why 1.7 million is nowhere near enough : it starts with INFLATION.

the trip will cost you atleast 100 years. lets say you stay a year. perhaps 2. thats 102 years. 102 years of INFLATION.

1.7 million EURO today is not little money, but it isn't massive paycheck either. i dare say that somebody with a doctorate, that does some engineering work scientifically, and saves his income for 15 years, will make MORE than that.

but again, INFLATION. in the 70s, you could buy a american brand new muscle car for about 5000-6000 USD tops. that's tenfold today. 40 years time, tenfolded for JUST A CAR.

that means that you could argue that in 100 years, prices have been raised by 25-fold - lets theorize salary has, too.

that means that if rent costs 1000 EURO today, A MONTH, then we face 25.000 EUROS a month for just rent alone = 300.000 EUROS a EFFIN YEAR.

that means that from that 100-year trip, where you end up with nothing, have lost 100 years of advancements technologically and intelectually, no friends or family, you are ONLY able to pay RENT for about 5 years tops, lets' assume you are able to live 3 years TOPS when paying for rent AND food, AND clothes. WITHOUT any connection left to modern society. not qualified for any job because you've lost 100 years of advancement. atleast 50 since your last trip.

it is NOT worth it in ANY way with that paycheck.

the idea must be that it gives you a benefit to do such a big thing. 1,7 million is rather little money for just a 10 year trip. it should ATLEAST be 20-fold that to make it remotely intersting.  50 million the LEAST. i'd say, make it more attractive and slam a 100 million EUR paycheck on it, AND put on a 1-million EUR bonus for EVERY single intact non-vegatative lifeform, and a 3-million EUR bonus for EVERY single lifeform STILL ALIVE, and a 100.000 EUR bonus for every blood sample of a categorized, carefully monitored and graphically registered lifeform.

that means that you'll make 100 million from the trip alone, you bring back 10 intact lifeforms [10 million], 5 alive creatures cryod in [15 million] and 30 bloodsamples and registered material [3 million] = 128 million dollar.

that sounds more plausible, and atleast conciderable.

if your average minimum fulltime income is about 15.000 EURO's a year of salary, that means a fulltime cleaner is able to earn 15.000 EURO's,
then in a 100 years, that 25-fold, would equal 375.000 EURO a year. again, that's minumum income.
if you argue that a soldier - combat ready - earns about 33.000 USD a year, that means that a soldier will make around and about 760.000 EURO annually.

just to put things in perspective.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed