John Hurt Dies Age 77

Started by SiL, Jan 28, 2017, 01:27:27 AM

Author
John Hurt Dies Age 77 (Read 18,167 times)

Flexserve

Flexserve

Goodbye John. Thank you for the rides through terror, drama and mystery. RIP :(

SuicideDoors

SuicideDoors

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 29, 2017, 11:10:21 AM
I honestly didn't expect to wake up to this news yesterday. Absolutely devastated by the news. I'm so glad I had the chance to meet the man before he died. It was at Brighton Film and Comic Con in 2015, right at the bottom of my country. Took hours to drive down, we stayed in a shitty last minute hotel and I spent ages queued behind some douche who had Hurt signing about 50 pictures. I eventually got to meet him, have a brief chat and he added his signature to my AvPG poster and his CCG card. He was such a lovely gent. RIP John.

That's awesome! Of the hundreds of films he's been in I would have loved to have told him how special Alien is to me, and also how much credibility someone of his talent gave the whole franchise.

I've waved to Scott and Giger at the Prometheus premiere but that's as far as my appreciation has come :(

markweatherill

markweatherill

RIP.

On a lighter note it's probably too late for WHY DON'T THEY JUST FREEZE HIM? ;)

Scorpio

Scorpio

I saw him in an early role in a movie called 10 Rillington Place (which is really good btw) and he played a working class guy who was manipulated into being falsely accused for murder by a serial killer.  He really put in a great performance, but there's no John Hurt role I don't like.  My personal favourite is The Elephant Man, however.

Pvt_Darren_Knight

Pvt_Darren_Knight

Very sad news!!!! one of the finest actors of all time who always lit up the screen RIP you will be very missed

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Berlin Fest to Pay Tribute to John Hurt With Special 'Englishman in New York' Screening.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/berlin-fest-pay-tribute-john-hurt-special-englishman-new-york-screening-972781

Ingwar

Ingwar

From recent LA junket. Scott shares his favourite John Hurt story with Empire.

http://www.empireonline.com/people/ridley-scott/ridley-scott-shares-favourite-john-hurt-story/

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed