John Hurt Dies Age 77

Started by SiL, Jan 28, 2017, 01:27:27 AM

Author
John Hurt Dies Age 77 (Read 18,159 times)

Hellseeker

Hellseeker

Rest in peace.........

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Well shit. RIP good sir, you will be missed.

Look into my eye

Look into my eye

Such a shame, he was a great actor who brought something special to every role he played. 1984 one of the highlights for me. RIP sir.

Ingwar

Ingwar

RIP Sir John 'Kane' Hurt.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

He was working up until the very end.  Look at his IMDb page...

John Hurt (1940–2017)

He still has four movies yet to be released.

I daresay he should be a shoe-in for a posthumous lifetime achievement Oscar.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 28, 2017, 09:35:36 PM
I daresay he should be a shoe-in for a posthumous lifetime achievement Oscar.

Hear, hear!

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Rest well John Hurt. You birthed one of the greatest movie monsters of all time. :'(

The Bonus Situation

The Bonus Situation

Quote from: SuicideDoors on Jan 28, 2017, 08:53:09 AM
Rest in peace. Truly wonderful actor.

You can't help but worry about losing the legends in front of and behind the cameras for your favourite movies. So inspiring  :(

This is what really bugs me. I don't know them, never met them, but for some reason I just care about these people. I remember when Alan Rickman died, my heart just sank, and it was also in the morning, like now,  when I read the news.

Quote from: DwayneHicks on Jan 28, 2017, 04:01:41 AM
Rip, I am going to watch alien to honor John hurt.
It is ironic that John Hurt is the first to go of the Alien actors and kane is the first of the crew to go.

It is indeed ironic.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Jan 28, 2017, 09:44:16 PM
Rest well John Hurt. You birthed one of the greatest movie monsters of all time. :'(

Literally!

The Bonus Situation

The Bonus Situation

Quote from: Kimo on Jan 28, 2017, 06:16:56 AM
What a shit morning to wake up to.  :( R.I.P

Yup.

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jan 28, 2017, 07:40:46 AM
Terrible news. I hope the day will come soon when this terrible disease can be beaten

Probably never will. Trillions of dollars have been invested into creating a cure since the 1920s and still even today in most cases cancer is a death sentence. Its like, the people who are responsible for creating a cure just take all that money for themselves.

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

One of my favourite actors of all time. A brilliant human being.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I honestly didn't expect to wake up to this news yesterday. Absolutely devastated by the news. I'm so glad I had the chance to meet the man before he died. It was at Brighton Film and Comic Con in 2015, right at the bottom of my country. Took hours to drive down, we stayed in a shitty last minute hotel and I spent ages queued behind some douche who had Hurt signing about 50 pictures. I eventually got to meet him, have a brief chat and he added his signature to my AvPG poster and his CCG card. He was such a lovely gent. RIP John.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Bonus Situation on Jan 28, 2017, 10:12:50 PM...and still even today in most cases cancer is a death sentence.

Incorrect. Cancer now has a 50% survival rate.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

As we are learning all about the different cancers in school, it makes me think there will never be a cure. When you break it down, cancer itself are mutated cells that multiply and destroy tissue/muscle/etc. The cancer cells are fed mostly by your body's creation of hormones, which your body creates multiple types all the time. Like HuDa mentioned, the survival rate is good if you catch it early and hope to before it becomes malignant (beginning to spread to other organs, again being spread even harder and faster with your body's hormones.) I have lost (practically) my entire maternal side of my family to cancer in some shape or form, so unfortunately I know a lot about the oncology of carcinomas and states of it. :(

About pancreatic cancer, insulin is most wonderous things the human body can create. It does so much for your proper blood sugar level and digestive system. Once I learned that when you drink a Coca Cola, your body would almost go into a coma because of all the sugars and other chemicals in it. Instead, the receptors in your brain signal the digestive system to hurry up and start storing the sugars immediately, thanks to the insulin. The kidneys have about a million nephrons in each, so as the sugars left over in the blood stream filter through them, you have to think that all those chemicals and body products (such as bile) from that drink do a massive number on the body's filtering and breakdown systems. Where I was going with this is that the pancreas needs to be healthy all the time, or else your body will shut down.

P1NK8C1DBOOTS

P1NK8C1DBOOTS

I'm so pleased you got the chance to meet him.....a sad time indeed! RIP Mr Hurt :-(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed