More Casting: ROOM breakout Jacob Tremblay to star in Shane Black's The Predato

Started by ace3g, Jan 25, 2017, 05:30:11 PM

Author
More Casting: ROOM breakout Jacob Tremblay to star in Shane Black's The Predato (Read 43,659 times)

ace3g

ace3g

https://twitter.com/Borys_Kit/status/824305814332542976

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/jacob-tremblay-star-shane-blacks-predator-movie-967671

Some updated synopsis

With a young kid in play, there will be a scene where a Predator doesn't kill one of the main characters because he is near.

QuoteTremblay will play the son of Holbrook's character, an ex-Marine who discovers the existence of fierce aliens but finds that no one believes they exist. The son is autistic and bullied in school but becomes a key player in the fight due to his preternatural ability to learn languages.

*Added link to article. Hicks.

Pvt. Himmel

The Wolverine Predator

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skhellter

skhellter

What if he's the one that drops "You're one ugly motherf**ker." this time around. :laugh:

Good actor, btw.

Master

Remember this early rummored synposis with marine that finds predator gear and his son?

also

Preternatural language ability? Kid is going to chat with predator, right?

goose_3387

Quote from: Master on Jan 25, 2017, 05:41:41 PM
Remember this early rummored synposis with marine that finds predator gear and his son?

also

Both sound spot on.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Master on Jan 25, 2017, 05:41:41 PM

also

Probably or for some reason he can decypher their writing??

goose_3387

Getting Super 8 vibes here.

skhellter

skhellter

Black & Dekker have been talking about a Spielberg influence with this new film...

All of this fits.

I'm ok with it. Predator films were never super serious hard-scifi anyway
(despite the opinions of a few cringe worthy weird nerds).  :laugh:

goose_3387

Quote from: skhellter on Jan 25, 2017, 05:49:39 PM
Black & Dekker have been talking about a Spielberg influence with this new film...

All of this fits.

I'm ok with it.

Hopefully it remains R rated...

skhellter

It is.

Gore. F-Bombs, etc.

Dekker's last interview confirms it.

Johnny Handsome

Sounds pretty cool, i like we are getting something not seen in this franchise before.

Master

I hope it is more Last Boy Scout then Robocop 3.

skhellter

and yeah i think this confirms the Reddit plot leak a while ago...

eh it'll be fine.

Predator_Spirit

Predator_Spirit

'I am quite sure this will be met with howls of derision, probably aimed at me, but whatever - this is what I have heard...

A special-ops tough guy is in a jungle taking down a target. He quite literally stumbles across an invisible being - a dead Predator. So he grabs the Predator's equipment, takes down his target and goes home (he may blow up a Predator ship, I am not sure I remembered this bit quite correctly). When he gets home, his 12-year-old son happens to see the alien equipment that his dad brought back. The father reluctantly tells him what he knows. And it's about then that another Predator tracks them down, with the intention of taking the equipment back...

I heard this from a very reputable source (using throwaway to protect that source if indeed this is true), and given Black's penchant for wise-cracking kids, it really does fit his MO

I heard this from a very reputable source (using throwaway to protect that source if indeed this is true), and given Black's penchant for wise-cracking kids, it really does fit his MO. It also fits with the quotes we've heard from those familiar with the project - "I think it's genius and I think it's entertaining and what it did is recreate a famous franchise in a different, interesting way; looking at it from a different light.".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed