Fred Dekker Talks Working On The Predator

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 24, 2017, 08:28:14 PM

Author
Fred Dekker Talks Working On The Predator (Read 17,466 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kurai on Jan 24, 2017, 09:32:31 PM
I don't think I've ever seen a Predator use a shuriken in the films, that's a ninja weapon rather than an alien hunter weapon. From that little bit I think we can hope to see quite a bit of of Japanese inspired Predator weaponry and styling in the movie.

I reckon he means this -

D88M

he complaints about the fans and then he says "The hardcore fans have their Shurikens sharpened (that's a Predator weapon, by the way)" which is BS because the Shurikens appear only on AVP and therefore they are not canon and also they are stupid lol

echobbase79

The shurikens were nice additions to the Predator arsenal. But I'd like to see a return of the traditional disc.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: D88M on Jan 25, 2017, 01:37:24 AM
he complaints about the fans and then he says "The hardcore fans have their Shurikens sharpened (that's a Predator weapon, by the way)" which is BS because the Shurikens appear only on AVP and therefore they are not canon and also they are stupid lol

And this is what Fred is talking about. ::)

OpenMaw

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 25, 2017, 02:41:55 AM

Yeeeep. Don't dare try to have a sense of humor, that has no place in Predator:D

Hemi

Popcorn fun.

I don't care if pssyface has katana's, long bows or whatever. I just want a nice predator movie , with good characters and an entertaining story. Just like the first one.

But yeah... even this is hard to grasp for hollywood these days.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 25, 2017, 02:41:55 AM
Quote from: D88M on Jan 25, 2017, 01:37:24 AM

Gotta admit, the irony made me smile.

Personally I'm a fan of the shurikens. The smart disc just looked a little too dull to me. Though it would be nice to see either in the new film. But above all, just bring us a good film.  :)

KiramidHead

I love seeing Dekker back in the game. :)

Kurai

I totally forgot about the shurikens in AvP, I have to admit. Honestly, I think it's great to draw on all aspects of Predator lore for inspiration, regardless of whether something is Capital C Canon. Star Wars does something similar with its' Legends stuff these days IIRC.
That they're digging into everything Predator related shows clear devotion, if it wasn't simply a mix up between Predator and Ninja ;), maybe it will help them sift through everything that went wrong and pull out everything that went right. The Predator scenes of AvP:R were some of the major redeeming moments for that film.

prometheusfire08

prometheusfire08

calling it ........

the last 5mins of the movie will have the predator board his ship and hit orbit ..... a message is coming in on his scanner and a hologram of a band of fugitives comes up ....... scans show us it's the bad bloods from predators .....

holograms of stars systems flash up , honing in on their last known location .....

smash to black ......

brokentusk420

brokentusk420

IF they want to make a good movie, design wise, they should steer clear of those awful AVP movies and all the junk they brought to the predator arsenal. Everything was hacky and a desperate attempt to up the "cool factor" and came off as contrived and cheap...Over size retachable blades that wouldn't be possible nor were practical, the same with that lame shuriken which would not be possible. I just dont get how they came up with nine extra predators at the end of P2, all masterpieces, and the clowns that have been working on the latest movies cant make one. I guess its just the way of thw world. You step outside and look around and you can see how everything that use to have substance is now just a cheap knock-off. 

OpenMaw

I honestly don't see anything wrong with the shurikens in AvP. They worked just fine in AVP and AVPR. I like the Smart Disc more because it fits the arsenals of the first two Predators moreso, but it's still a fine alternative.

As far as the "Lost Tribe" ... I agree, the clans and everything depicted around the Predators since Predator 2 has seemed far less interesting. That short scene at the end of Predator 2 is one of it's best, shining moments. Each Predator feels fantastic and individual, and that's in large part because Stan Winston had his guys and gals break off and work on each one individually to give them character. "Here's your Predator. Here's a few parameters. Now go nuts."

The AVP version of Predator culture seems very very clean and... Cold. It's very metallic and colorless. The impression we get in Predator 2 is a very worn and "Earthy" species. They're high tech encased in low-tech.

cheachea

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jan 25, 2017, 01:48:48 AM

The shurikens were nice additions to the Predator arsenal. But I'd like to see a return of the traditional disc.

^^^^^   This   ^^^^^^

PRJ_since1990

If this movie succeeds, we can place our bets on a revived AvP movie (barring Covenant does well). Childish bickering over which film is canon and which weapon is the coolest is fruitless. We, as the fan base, need to show support for the film, analyze the known details as they are revealed, and present a united critique, positive or negative, to inform those involved (because I'm sure some watch this site tirelessly) if they are going in the right direction or they need to change something.

TLDR:
Fanbase unite! Let FOX know if they're doing well or creating rubbish!     

genocyber

I don't see FOX ever touching the AVP franchise ever again due to how mismanaged and failures both films were to pull in the big numbers. Alien seems to have a far more successful future ahead of it and would be a bad idea for the execs to pair it up with Predator againn.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed