Thomas Jane in talks to join The Predator

Started by Gazz, Jan 23, 2017, 10:41:25 PM

Author
Thomas Jane in talks to join The Predator (Read 25,314 times)

Hemi

Great actor! I am intrigued now...  ;D

lv_226

Really enjoyed him in The Mist and HBO's series Hung.

Stealth_Hunter

I have confidence Shane Black will bring out the very best from each actor hired on.

HuDaFuK

While the Tom Jane Punisher film may not have been that great, I can't fault his performance in it.

I can really see him in a Predator movie. Great news.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: lv_226 on Jan 24, 2017, 02:29:18 PM
Hung was the best. 8)

acrediblesource

Tom Jane, still if it were his movie alone, it would be Punisher vs Predator Macguyver style NON STOP until Punisher or Predator wins.

echobbase79

Yeah, I really liked Hung. I hated that it got cancelled.

redalert51

Great Choice.. To my knowledge " Predator " has been confirmed, that is not a ' Reboot by the director himself.

Corporal Hicks

No, not a reboot. Another sequel. Predator 4.

KiramidHead

The Punisher would be the ultimate prey. 8) f**k, why doesn't that comic exist?

Nyarlathotep

Glad to hear this news, one of the few cast actors that I have a degree of familiarity with.

lv_226

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Jan 24, 2017, 05:44:59 PM
Hung was the best. 8)
Great show! So sad it was cancelled! It was really picking up, too...   :-\

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Russ on Jan 24, 2017, 09:53:12 AM
Continuity I reckon. It won't have to be much - If it were me, he'd have the General Philips role - an expert, someone who's met the beast before... you need to listen to this guy... can't you just hear him... "We came up against it in Val Verde in 1987..." it'd be awesome.

I'm pretty sure that Black promised this was a sequel - if so, I can imagine that there will be a torch-passing ceremony from Dutch, but I don't think he'll be a huge part of the movie.

Torch-passing makes sense with Sigourney Weaver's Ripley, because she's been in all of the other 'Alien' films. Dutch hasn't been in the 'Predator' films since the first. It could be included, sure, but there's no real need for it.

OpenMaw

It all comes full circle.

"You shouldn't play with knives."

Incidentally in The Punisher is a young Ben Foster. He was recently in "Lone Survivor" based on the true story of Operation Redwings. he played arguably one of the most badass Navy SEALs i've ever ead about. Matt "Axe" Axelston. Dude was amazing in the role and i'd love to see him in a Predator movie too if he could channel some of "Axe." again.

Russ

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jan 25, 2017, 07:32:06 PM
Torch-passing makes sense with Sigourney Weaver's Ripley, because she's been in all of the other 'Alien' films. Dutch hasn't been in the 'Predator' films since the first. It could be included, sure, but there's no real need for it.

Oh, for sure - there's no need for it, I agree. But most people think:predator - think:arnold (Danny Glover and Adrien Brody just don't pop into most people's minds, I reckon).

So no - no real need... but I'd be surprised if he wasn't in it in a cameo. :-)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed