Thomas Jane in talks to join The Predator

Started by Gazz, Jan 23, 2017, 10:41:25 PM

Author
Thomas Jane in talks to join The Predator (Read 25,316 times)

OpenMaw

Thank God they didn't go through with that alternate ending for Predators where he showed up leading the Predator clan... WTF was that? (Yeah I know Rodriquez has said that was a joke ending, but i'm not convinced that isn't just him saving face when every told him it was a brain dead idea.)

The only way i'd want Arnold back is if they were actually going to utilize something of his character from the first film. Make him a Captain Ahab type or something. Do something unexpected with Dutch... Like... Kill him.

BishopShouldGo

Killing Dutch would be thee most expected move from the playbook. That'd be awful.

OpenMaw

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 24, 2017, 06:29:47 AM
Killing Dutch would be thee most expected move from the playbook. That'd be awful.

I don't see how it would be awful if it were handled properly.

goose_3387

I'm intrigued to see what Black does with this cast. It's a low key ensemble cast so it will be interesting to see how Black uses the characters throughout the movie. One of them is bound to be the first man down regardless.

Still hoping for a 90's gritty Predator 2 vibe from this movie.

whiterabbit

Hey, it's the guy from the mist who was in the deep blue sea and stared in the punisher... who's also 47 years old. I actually like the guy, good choice. Old and safe. Now all we need is Jai Courtney to lead this and they can begin filming.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jan 24, 2017, 01:25:26 AM
If they need any mad scientists or anything, Jeffrey Combs would be great.

Oh man, I would love that. So very very very much.

I'm actually pretty excited about this news. I really love Jane and he's fresh on my mind from The Expanse (which I loved). Really really happy with the casting so far. Everyone seems really talented.

Also I'm sure she's joking but Fred Dekker's wife's response to the news: "i love that all his scenes will be filmed at our house." and Dekker replies: "We did that just for you."  :laugh:

https://www.facebook.com/DirectorFredDekker/posts/972057302925588?ref=notif&notif_t=notify_me_page&notif_id=1485227199196392

Maverick moonan

Maverick moonan

It should start on earth then taken to another planet then back to earth where the killings really start the hunt the hunted the suspence the drama  everything u would want to see happened now

Russ

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jan 24, 2017, 05:21:01 AM

Unnecessarily adding him to this won't make any real difference..... but I see no reason to put him in this project.

Continuity I reckon. It won't have to be much - If it were me, he'd have the General Philips role - an expert, someone who's met the beast before... you need to listen to this guy... can't you just hear him... "We came up against it in Val Verde in 1987..." it'd be awesome.

I'm pretty sure that Black promised this was a sequel - if so, I can imagine that there will be a torch-passing ceremony from Dutch, but I don't think he'll be a huge part of the movie.

And I agree with OpenMaw- it'd be rubbish if they killed Dutch off though! I can just imagine a Commando style opening (although Commando is the greatest movie of all time) where the Predator goes around killing Dutch, Harrigan, Royce and Isabelle... (though it probably wouldn't fake its own death in a fishing boat accident).

Johnny Handsome

The cast certainly has talent so far, but i didn't knew a single one of them.

This is the first time i'm really happy about casting news for this movie, Jane is great, always wanted to see him in a Predator movie, actually in a lead role, but this is good enough for me.

Ferengo

I think this is great news. Jane puts a lot in his roles and normally doesn't put up with rubbish.

He pulled out of the second Punisher film as he believed the story wasn't what he or fans would want for the character. Instead he financed his own short sequel when he saw how let down the fans were. That's dedication.

Really happy with this casting and so much more looking forward to the film now, not that I wasn't.

Pvt. Himmel

Must be a major role, or connected to a character for there to be no details on his character! :o

Ingwar

Punisher ;D

Whiskeybrewer

This is a really good casting choice  i think :)

Richman678

This guy is a great addition, but I think they still need a bigger star to sell this movie. I don't think The Rock is a good choice. Needs to be someone else like Tom hardy, or Chris Hemsworth.

Also don't bring back Schwarzenegger at all.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed