Lambert's Tattoo.

Started by mace-in-the-face, Jan 22, 2017, 03:51:53 PM

Author
Lambert's Tattoo. (Read 2,852 times)

mace-in-the-face

mace-in-the-face

I noticed Veronica Cartwright has what looks like a tattoo on her left forearm in Alien. You can barely see it in the movie, but it is somewhat visible in some publicity stills. Does anyone know what it is, and if it is something just for her role in Alien or a real life tattoo?

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

It says 'Griper 4 Life'.

Seriously though, I'm curious about this too, now that you've pointed it out.

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

i never seen it,... is it indeed a tattoo or could it be a bruise and we're seeing too much in it?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Here's what I found in my pictures. Nothing really helpful unfortunately.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Definitely a tattoo. It looks like a red rose with green leaf and stalk attached?

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

corrected, its indeed a tattoo. never noticed that before, funny. a google search results in nothing.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Elmazalman on Jan 31, 2017, 09:15:56 AM
Definitely a tattoo. It looks like a red rose with green leaf and stalk attached?

Yeah, I going with this ^  Does rather look like it to me as well.

mace-in-the-face

mace-in-the-face

Thanks for posting the better pictures of her. I'm thinking that it might actually be a real-life tattoo as it has no screen time.

I wonder if there are any Veronica Cartwright movies out there that her left forearm is visible. Maybe "Invasion of the Body Snatchers"?

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

"Wait wait wait, don't tell me: "MUTHUR"  :D

FenGiddel

FenGiddel

Maybe it's a tat given to Despin Converts?[/font][/size]

Scorpio

Scorpio

Was is as fashionable in the 70s for women to get tattoos as it is now?  If it was part of her character, that would be interesting, as it predicted future trends.  Also, Fifield has tattoos, so maybe it less taboo in the future.

SM

SM

There isn't really a tattoo taboo now.  Holloway had one too.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Could always ask her about it on Twitter. Not sure she'll respond though. She's making appearances this summer at some cons if anyone wants to interrogate her :P

mace-in-the-face

mace-in-the-face

I really think that it is a real-life tattoo as every publicity still I have found of her in movies from around and about the time "Alien" was made that area of her arm is hidden.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

There's some very good shots of Cartwright's bare arms in Invasion of the Body Snatches (1978) - NO TATTOO.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed