Chances of Blomkamp's Alien Being Made: "Slim"

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jan 21, 2017, 01:28:06 PM

Author
Chances of Blomkamp's Alien Being Made: "Slim" (Read 41,681 times)

Corporal Hicks

First off, welcome to the board. Second, let's keep it civil please, gilly. We're all friends here.  :)

Local Trouble

Quote from: gilly69 on Jan 27, 2017, 02:44:26 PM
Jeez,

Its like some people are just fans of Ripley rather than Alien.

Blomkamp has done NOTHING to say he would produce anything other than a pile of turgid fan fiction, which would appeal to a few thousand people, making 0 cash & thus leaving Alien on the pile of FORMERLY great franchise that is now ruined thanks to this Ripley obsession.

What about when, the worst happens & Ms Weaver finally succumbs to old age? I know lets put her in CGI!!

Get real people

Fantastic first post!!!  :laugh:

SM

Apart from the bit about the appeal and how much money it would make...

Local Trouble

Is SM prepared for another newbie's theory about how Bishop put the egg on the Sulaco?

SM

Always.

whiterabbit

Damn, what would be the sites opinion on using cgi to resurrect a dead actor...

HuDaFuK

Considering I've never seen it look not-fake, no thanks.

oberonqa

oberonqa

Wouldn't need to CGI Ripley in if her story was given a satisfying ending.  Alien 3 gave her an ending that basically said that if you encounter the Alien, your life is over... figuratively as well as literally.  And while that ending may be satisfying for a lot of people, there's likely a lot of people who felt that Ripley sacrificed enough by drifting in space for 57 years and loosing her daughter. 

Those same people likely feel that Aliens opened a door for Ripley (along with Hicks and Newt, both fellow Survivors) to have something of a life after their run-ins with the Alien and that something of a life would involve closure on the Alien as well as Weyland-Yutani.  And to those people, Alien 5 might be viewed as closure.  And if closure was a good enough reason for Amanda in Alien: Isolation, it's a good enough reason for the Survivors in Alien 5.

I want Alien 5... so feel free to lump me in with the 1000 or so people that Gilly mentioned who would be happy with it.  At least if Alien 5 gets made, we won't have to worry about a CGI Ripley... because Alien 5 is supposed to give Ripley the closure that Alien 3 failed to deliver for those people like me who want Alien 5.

szkoki

there is this petition. well i wont vote. its just would be...weird. the death of Hicks and Newt serwed a very big purpose in the story and i dont want to piss on it cause i like those characters.

plus i cant believe it wont be weird and cheesy with 100% protected characters trough out the whole movie

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: szkoki on Jan 29, 2017, 04:03:20 PM
there is this petition.

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/neill-blomkamp-for-alien5/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=button

For those who do want Alien 5. Will Robbie, admin of WY-Bulletin, created this. I haven't signed it myself as I'm not sure I even want it but it's here for whose of you who do.

BishopShouldGo

Lol. Petitions don't work, and he'd need more than 1,000 signatures. Way more.

Brings back memories of that David Twohy-AvP 3 petition ahahaha.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

As I haven't gotten around to responding on people's comments towards your attitude in the James Cameron topic, allow me to one last time warn you again about coming around with that horrendous attitude of yours. Absolutely bored of seeing you throw up a "lol. What a bunch of dumb twat" type comments. Please enjoy a brief break in being able to post and insult others. When/if you come back, I expect to see a change in your holier than thou attitude.

Speaking without the assumption that I'm better than anyone here, a petition is a long shot and I do agree it would take far more than a 1000 votes to go anyway. I do honestly think that the response online went a long way towards getting Fox to take Blomkamp's pitch seriously so if something like this is able to pick up traction, I wouldn't be surprised if it does help.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 29, 2017, 06:24:15 PM
As I haven't gotten around to responding on people's comments towards your attitude in the James Cameron topic, allow me to one last time warn you again about coming around with that horrendous attitude of yours. Absolutely bored of seeing you throw up a "lol. What a bunch of dumb twat" type comments. Please enjoy a brief break in being able to post and insult others. When/if you come back, I expect to see a change in your holier than thou attitude.

Speaking without the assumption that I'm better than anyone here, a petition is a long shot and I do agree it would take far more than a 1000 votes to go anyway. I do honestly think that the response online went a long way towards getting Fox to take Blomkamp's pitch seriously so if something like this is able to pick up traction, I wouldn't be surprised if it does help.

While most online petitions don't get a studio's attention that's not always the case. There was a fan movement for the release of the director's cut of Clive Barker's Nightbreed which the studio eventually did put out because of the high demand.

If the fans can build up momentum for this project and keep busting Fox's balls it can happen. First I'd start a page on Facebook. Write letters to people in charge at Fox. The fans are the only hope sometimes for making things happen.

The Alien Predator

I remember people starting a petition for a Dredd sequel due to how good the first film was, but that film didn't make enough profit for the studio to warrant a sequel.

I wonder how the petition went, I haven't heard any news of a Dredd sequel. I'd love to see one though.

HuDaFuK

Studios will listen to a petition if they think it might make them some money.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed