Chances of Blomkamp's Alien Being Made: "Slim"

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jan 21, 2017, 01:28:06 PM

Author
Chances of Blomkamp's Alien Being Made: "Slim" (Read 42,037 times)

predxeno

predxeno

You can always trust Fox to mess something up.  I also blame Ridley Scott for this as well; we essentially lost the movie everyone wanted to see so we can watch a movie starring Ripley's mom that no one wants to see, and after seeing Prometheus and Morgan I don't have any faith that Sir Scott can deliver a good film (though to be fair, I was never really a fan of his first Alien film either, Aliens was far superior imho).

XENOMORPHOSIS

The Alien Predator

Quote from: predxeno on Jan 23, 2017, 01:52:16 PM
You can always trust Fox to mess something up.  I also blame Ridley Scott for this as well; we essentially lost the movie everyone wanted to see so we can watch a movie starring Ripley's mom that no one wants to see, and after seeing Prometheus and Morgan I don't have any faith that Sir Scott can deliver a good film (though to be fair, I was never really a fan of his first Alien film either, Aliens was far superior imho).

Who are these two "everyone" and "no one" that you speak of?  :P

Just kidding, I'm sorry that the film you wanted to see got cancelled. The feeling does suck and I can emphasise with it even if I wasn't too thrilled about the ideas behind this movie.

predxeno

Lol thanks, I'm just grateful now that I've been distancing myself from this franchise, it looks like a lot of the old sci-fi franchises are going under.  Disney succeeded in making me do something I thought I would never do; question my love for Star Wars, I am so done with that franchise now that I don't think I'll be watching any more movies or any more TV shows (Legends is the only continuity worth my time).

HuDaFuK

Sucks for those keen on it, but for the best if you ask me. I hated the idea of pointlessly retconning stuff.

Gridseeker

That would be a pity; I would like to see an alternate time line in which Hicks survived and also Newt but looks like it´s fading. Still, if Fox would do a fifth installment without Neil, I think Denis Villeneuve would fit perfectly for the director chair.

Richman678

Alien Covenant was green lit before Blomkamps "Alien 5". The chances of it happening were always slim. You think they are gonna tell Ridley Scott to sit down for Blomkamp??? Did you really think they were gonna have a Different unrelated Alien movie in between the "alleged" Prometheus trilogy???  Scott should let Blomkamp direct the Covenant sequel if one does happen. If Blomkamp cant get behind it then sit back and relax and wait for the next Alien reboot movies in 10 years. There is also the issue with Sigourney Weavers age...Make no mistake the woman is a walking legend, and to me she will always be the best actress of my time. She is also 67 years old. I cant picture her running around with a makeshift flamethrower.

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: newbeing on Jan 23, 2017, 01:22:54 PM
Blomkamp is an incredible visual director, and District 9 is one of my favorite Sci-Fi films of the past decade, but his last few films have ranged from mediocre to down right embarrassing. So I'm pretty relieved to hear that this might be on hold indefinitely. The concept seemed interesting, but without a more experienced screenwriter I had very little hope for the project.

Side note, I wonder if Gareth Edwards would be up for doing an Alien film  :P

You know that's not a bad idea... They should do what Disney is doing. and hire different directors this way we can have a new flick every year. 8)

That would be great IMO.

FiorinaFury161

Saggit

Thank god! It was bull@*it

BonesawT101

Great news. Not a fan of his work at all. And the whole idea of Ripley and newt etc was just shocking. Good Riddance.

Perfect-Organism

Hmm, well..  Blomkamp's Alien film supporters unite!  I propose we pick a thread that is related to the topic and regularly start communicating, so that if there is any opportunity to take action, let's share about it and let's take it!

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=52313.0

AvPGalaxy Forums » Films/TV » Alien Films » Alien 5 » Topic:  Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film

D88M

good, his ideas were terrible, only because he made one good movie before selling his soul to hollywood doesnt make it automatically the proper director for this

Hemi

Good to hear. And I feel for the ones that were keen on this to happen... It's always painfull when movie projects get axed that make you feel warm inside. :'-(

Shame...

Anyway, just keep in mind that Covenant is around the corner and could bring some nice things to the table.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed