Androids infected with Black Goo = BIOMECHANICS

Started by CainsSon, Jan 19, 2017, 12:29:10 AM

Author
Androids infected with Black Goo = BIOMECHANICS (Read 5,568 times)

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: fiveways on Jan 24, 2017, 05:49:05 AM
Quote from: newagescamartist on Jan 24, 2017, 12:48:02 AM
Quote from: fiveways on Jan 23, 2017, 04:56:03 PM

Having humanity be responsible for the greatest weapon in the Universe cheapens it and takes away all the cool mystery.  Instead of ancient societies and cultures we can barely understand to it was made by a synthetic.  That feels cheap and incredibly typical to me, it's such an overused idea.  Oh no, humanities creations have gotten out of control and will destroy us all.  Fun when it is the Terminator, not fun when it is the f**king xenomorph.

We will have to agree to disagree. And there is no way of knowing that the xenomorph is the greatest weapon in the universe. If Prometheus has done anything, it's expanded the universe in ways the original films didn't. We have no idea what else is out there. We have no idea what other creations the engineers could of had a hand in. We don't know if there are other beings even more advanced than them. Even if David is the one who creates the xenomorph, it will only come to be because of exotic ancient technology meeting modern day rogue A.I.

What is the alternative? More Alien movies with aliens mindlessly killing people? Seen that 6 times already. Enjoyed it everytime, but I'm ready for something new. I'll take bold over stale, even if it's not the direction I'd like it to go. In this case, I'll be happy if David is the father of the xenomorph because of how it ties back into Gnosticism. Alien is the perfect vehicle to tell the myth of the archons and the demiurge.

Quote from: Scorpio on Jan 23, 2017, 03:35:21 AM
God/Cthulhu -> Engineers -> Black Goo -> Humans -> Androids -> Xenomorphs

I like it. Xenomorphs are the ultimate demonic entity. The true adversary of the creator.

I was ready for Prometheus 2 where they moved further away from the traditional lore.  Maybe you learn bits and pieces but overall it still remained a mystery. I was read for a different spin in the outer reaches.  Maybe play up the Cronenberg style body horror elements that were only poked at in Prometheus.  Instead we have another android in a Ridley Scott film infatuated with life.

If it isn't the greatest weapon, then go there.  Or preferably DON'T GO THERE. 

I've said it before, I really want to see the movie which convinces Shaw that putting David's head back on his body is a good idea.  I imagine it like a really dark, creepy, f**ked up version of "Moon".  That is the movie I want to see.

I am just sick of the scifi angle where humans are in the end responsible for everything that goes on in the universe.  That never sits right with me and I would rather it forever be a mystery than it be the result of another human creation running wild.  That's just such a f**king common theme in modern sci-fi (yes i know the idea has been around for a very long time, just it is being used over and over again). 

I'd just like to see a modern Sci-Fi film with a budget go off the f**king rails.  Just go kinda insane.  Alien is a universe you could take that risk in as it is already dark and weird.  I'd just like to see that pushed even further.

I think that with David mixing his parts into the Xeno, you aren't NECESSARILY saying David created the Xeno. Because to do so he has studied what the Engineers did BEFORE himself.
There is a big difference between engineering and reverse-engineering. DAVID wouldn't be creating the Xenomorph, just reverse engineering what the ENGINEERS already engineered in different ways, to be more 'PERFECT' but also "IN HIS IMAGE."

But ultimately I would be very excited by a balls-to-the-wall crazy body horror sequel that focused on David experimenting on people, or even the Engineers doing so, using the goo and fusing people to machines.

I think that IF THEY MADE THAT STORY FIRST - people could get behind David creating the Xeno in his image, or perfecting. Sometimes, you have to not JUMP STEPS. This film seems to have jumped an entire sequel.

In its defense, people are responding positively to it, so there's that. I just get the impression that by the end of this film, all of the new stuff Prometheus added, the threads, will have been pushed aside, in favor of retreading the same territory. As much as I dislike some of the new stuff in Prometheus, it did allow for some great untapped stories moving forward.

Quote from: windebieste on Jan 24, 2017, 09:22:59 AM
Get David Lynch to make it, then.  Mind you, his best movies are the ones with the smallest budgets.  The ones where he's forced to be creative rather than have hundreds of millions of dollars thrown at it.

I say, give Lynch a tall, slender actor, a rubber suit, about a dozen additional actors, some lunch money and a camera and say "Here, we want 2 hours of f**ked up nightmare shit.  You've got 2 years to deliver.  GO!"

-Windebieste.

Im a yuuuge LYNCH fan, and I have to admit, I can't imagine what he would do with it. If he tackled this story of what humans go through after mutation with the Goo, or even Ripley on Earth, I could see it being really damn good. IMO, a bizarre, dark, body horror entry into this series by Lynch or Cronenberg would be an ideal direction, but fans really want action scenes and guns for whatever reason.  I always think that if you got rid of all that superhero/action-y stuff from A:R, and JUST focused on the Frankenstein aspects of that script, you would have a really damn good creepy monster film.

Hemi

Far as I know... David did not create the black goo... So, erm... he wil never be responsible for creating anything, right?

Enoch

Enoch

One thing everyone forget regarding the biomechanical aspect of Xenos...
Remember Engineer exo suits... those suits were incorporated with their skin, half
biological, half mechanoid in morphology and appearance... here you get some hints of Xenomorph biomechanoid nature and overall outer appearance. David is just an imitator... a smart boy who wants to learn everything... and possibly create something yet to be seen.

***Engineers (from LV-223) wore that bio-mechanoid suits and those pretty much resembled
the original Xeno morphology! That suit was in fact attached to their bodes and was a part of
them. How did they make that suit? Its obvious that bio-mechanoid aspects predate David and his attempts to create
something (in Covenant),  so how could he be a creator of first biomehanoid Xeno? Impossible.... David is more like a discoverer of Engineer technology...he just experiments and is trying to find out what Engineers wanted to do... and he knows much... he discovered all Engineer intentions back on LV-223...

DAVID DID NOT CREATE THE BIOMECHANOID XENO.

newagescamartist

Yep, the engineer's mecho-exo-sketeton does resemble the xenomorph. It's possible that David incorporates that exo-skeleton ribcage into the design if he does indeed create the xenomorph. I won't be surprised if he does or doesn't end up being the creator, but it's interesting to speculate.

CainsSon

Quote from: Enoch on Jan 26, 2017, 03:33:05 PM
One thing everyone forgets regarding the biomechanical aspect of Xenos...
Remember Engineer exo suits... those suits were incorporated with their skin, half
biological, half mechanoid in morphology and appearance... here you get some hints of Xenomorph biomechanoid nature and overall outer appearance. David is just an imitator... a smart boy who wants to learn everything... and possibly create something yet to be seen.

***Engineers (from LV-223) wore that bio-mechanoid suits and those pretty much resembled
the original Xeno morphology! That suit was in fact attached to their bodes and was a part of
them. How did they make that suit? Its obvious that bio-mechanoid aspects predate David and his attempts to create
something (in Covenant),  so how could he be a creator of first biomehanoid Xeno? Impossible.... David is more like a discoverer of Engineer technology...he just experiments and is trying to find out what Engineers wanted to do... and he knows much... he discovered all Engineer intentions back on LV-223...

DAVID DID NOT CREATE THE BIOMECHANOID XENO.

Yeah that's what I've been saying. It would just be David using or reverse engineering the technology the Enhoneers created however they did... it's not really David CREATING anything, just tinkering and experimenting with engineer tech on whatever. Including himself.

howard.moody.566

The biomech elements of the xenomorph don't seem to be any way similar to the insides of any android we've seen so far.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed