Were Brett and Dallas Morphing into an Alien Eggs?

Started by Ingwar, Jan 16, 2017, 11:35:32 PM

Author
Were Brett and Dallas Morphing into an Alien Eggs? (Read 16,687 times)

echobbase79

For a long time I was under the impression that Brett was the only one getting morphed and Dallas was going to be the host for a new facehugger.

StrangeShape

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jan 18, 2017, 12:33:59 AM

For a long time I was under the impression that Brett was the only one getting morphed and Dallas was going to be the host for a new facehugger.

That wouldve been the more logical thing to do, but thats not what happened. I mean, it depends. If we take the idea that the alien's lifespan was only 24 hrs, then yes, the best option wouldve been to produce as many eggs as possible before it dies so someone else finds them someday. But if we go by the rules of the sequels, the logical thing to do would be to have as many aliens as possible

OpenMaw

The idea was that they would all be eggs, and the ship would drift back home full of larva, ready to ambush a recovery team.

Boom.

Elmazalman

Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 17, 2017, 11:47:15 AM
His body is being repurposed as an egg shell for the Alien spore, just as parasitic wasps use the husks of caterpillars as protective cocoons after feeding on their innards (parasites are great at this - they first spare the organs and sap the rest, keeping the host in a protracted state of living death.)
Always liked the idea that the three astronauts that entered the derelict should be the one's that suffered the most at the Alien's hand - cosmic justice.

Ingwar

Do you think we gonna see more eggmorphing in upcoming prequel Alien trilogy?

Doctor Ash

As i speculated in another thread, maybe drone or warrior xenos can only create eggs before they get the ridges known from Aliens. Kane's son maybe wasn't dying at the end in the shuttle but simply going through a metamorphosis in which he could have gotten the ridges but lost the egg creation abbility.

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: Doctor Ash on Jan 18, 2017, 03:22:20 PM
As i speculated in another thread, maybe drone or warrior xenos can only create eggs before they get the ridges known from Aliens. Kane's son maybe wasn't dying at the end in the shuttle but simply going through a metamorphosis in which he could have gotten the ridges but lost the egg creation abbility.
In all do respect that doesn't make very much sense. I mean, why in the world would it go from being able to egg morph to not? That just sounds like a total de-evolution to me.

Doctor Ash

Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Jan 18, 2017, 03:47:09 PM
In all do respect that doesn't make very much sense. I mean, why in the world would it go from being able to egg morph to not? That just sounds like a total de-evolution to me.
They are aliens. The rules of earthly life may not work for them. And maybe if they were created by the engineers, it could be a failsave system to restrict their growth rate.

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: Doctor Ash on Jan 18, 2017, 04:08:31 PM
Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Jan 18, 2017, 03:47:09 PM
They are aliens. The rules of earthly life may not work for them. And maybe if they were created by the engineers, it could be a failsave system to restrict their growth rate.
As advanced as the engineers are I don't see them feeling the need to take such drastic actions. Beside's, it runs against the whole idea of the Xenomorphs being the perfect organism.

Valaquen

Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Jan 18, 2017, 05:30:15 PM
As advanced as the engineers are I don't see them feeling the need to take such drastic actions. Beside's, it runs against the whole idea of the Xenomorphs being the perfect organism.

I don't think you should take Ash's speech so literally.

Ingwar

Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 18, 2017, 06:52:08 PM

Exactly. Nothing is perfect.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Oct 09, 2012, 01:47:00 AM
SM usually says that "perfect organisms" aren't susceptible to machine guns.

Canon.

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: Ingwar on Jan 18, 2017, 07:03:50 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 18, 2017, 06:52:08 PM

Fair point, I should have used another term

Exactly. Nothing is perfect.
Okay, not perfect (as you said nothing truly is) but highly adaptable.

Vermillion

I hate egg Morphing. 
Glad it was cut. 

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: Vermillion on Jan 19, 2017, 01:37:05 AM
I hate egg Morphing. 
Glad it was cut.

Can't stand it either. Creepy scene but it makes no sense in the bad way, not the good "alien" way.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed