Adult Deacon Concepts from Fire and Stone comics

Started by Lizardboy, Jan 11, 2017, 02:39:50 PM

Author
Adult Deacon Concepts from Fire and Stone comics (Read 17,329 times)

Lizardboy

Adult deacon scrapped from fire and stone comics:

Master

Very cool! And yet they went with mountain route.
-facepalm-

Pvt. Himmel

:o good find!!

426Buddy

Quote from: Master on Jan 11, 2017, 04:10:56 PM
Very cool! And yet they went with mountain route.
-facepalm-

They were forced by fox to make changes at the last minute resulting in a lot of scrapped work and story, the result was the mountain.

Master

I remember one of the covers had Elden with Deacons that were repainted to look like Aliens.

426Buddy

Yeah its too bad even though I enjoyed a lot of fire and stone, everything except the AvP arc and Omega.

Although it could have been a good thing considering elden was originally a female android who was going to give birth to robotic aliens when infected with the goo. (or something weird like that)

rabidranger

I would have loved to see an Engineer-sized Deacon on screen......

JokersWarPig

Fox is stupid sometimes. A mountain as opposed to these  ::)

Godzillakuj94

Godzillakuj94

Quote from: rabidranger on Jan 11, 2017, 04:43:31 PM
I would have loved to see an Engineer-sized Deacon on screen......
Same here, give me my giant Deacon! It seems Deacon is our Ultramorph and if that is the case I'd love to see another one (grown up) in film.

Nyarlathotep

Awesome pictures, I wish that my copy of Fire and Stone came with all of the unused concept art.

426Buddy

Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Jan 11, 2017, 09:52:00 PM
Awesome pictures, I wish that my copy of Fire and Stone came with all of the unused concept art.

The fancy-pants hardcover of fire and stone is totally worth it. Not only does it have all the extra concept art and stuff but it also includes all the cover art for the series, all in a larger format. Not to mention it can be found pretty cheap online.

Unless you hated the series (many do understandably) then its a great buy.

DorkiDori

the first 2 issues of Prometheus Fire and Stone were completely scrapped due to 20th Century Fox. The series was going to mainly focus on Deacons as the primary Alien... also there was a whole intro/side story set on the Engineers planet.

i swear one of these days ill get around to taking photos of the concept artwork from the pages of Fire and Stone The Complete Collection... just been sick/busy lately and havent felt like digging the book out, taking pictures, hosting etc.

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jan 11, 2017, 10:58:51 PM
Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Jan 11, 2017, 09:52:00 PM

The fancy-pants hardcover of fire and stone is totally worth it. Not only does it have all the extra concept art and stuff but it also includes all the cover art for the series, all in a larger format. Not to mention it can be found pretty cheap online.

Unless you hated the series (many do understandably) then its a great buy.

That's the thing, I purchased the complete Fire and Stone but instead of turning out to be a hardcover book it turned out to be 5 trade paperbacks in a hardcover slipcase.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Don't understand why Fox just didn't let them roll with this? Omega was a solid ending to the story except for this mountain thing that I guess is the Deacon? I would've cut it out completely.

Thanks for sharing the pics though.

skhellter

Looks ridiculous.

no big loss.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed