Keegan-Michael Key joins The Predator!!!!

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Jan 06, 2017, 06:43:42 PM

Author
Keegan-Michael Key joins The Predator!!!! (Read 24,640 times)

echobbase79

I'd then I was wrong. I'm still banking that Arnold will show up and fight the Predator again. He needs to since he's been complaining about how all the sequels haven't been good since the first.

The Wolverine Predator

I would love for him to show up in it, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Jan 08, 2017, 01:36:42 AM
Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 08, 2017, 01:31:41 AM
Still waiting for our big "And" actor. Throw Michael Keaton in here? Thanks.
There are actors out there that aren't A-Listers that can make a film good. Holbrook is a good actor, go watch Narcos.
That new guy from Moonlight looks like he may be a really good actor

How many times must I say that of course you don't have to be an A-lister to be good. I know that. Duh! People still want A-listers to give the project legitimacy as an event picture. It's what any reasonable studio would do. What was the last blockbuster that didn't have a known name? Even with a spin off like Fantastic Beasts, you gotta throw in a Colin Farrell, a Jon Voight, an Eddie Redmayne, etc. The new Blade Runner cast is a perfect cast that mixes known actors with lesser known actors.

Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Jan 08, 2017, 01:48:57 AM
But what would y'all say if this movie is really good without a big name actor? Holbrook may be a big name after Logan comes out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He can only get so big. He'll only be so known after Logan.

If anything, Fox should've asked Hugh Jackman to topline The Predator, not the dude behind Hugh Jackman. Reminds me of Predator 2's casting actually. "Let's not get Mel Gibson, let's get the guy behind Mel Gibson."

Stealth_Hunter

QuoteHe can only get so big. He'll only be so known after Logan.

If anything, Fox should've asked Hugh Jackman to topline The Predator, not the dude behind Hugh Jackman. Reminds me of Predator 2's casting actually. "Let's not get Mel Gibson, let's get the guy behind Mel Gibson."

He isn't really the guy behind Hugh Jackman in the same vain as Glover and Gibson so much as he's the guy acting opposite of Hugh Jackman. Either way, Hardy was a nobody before Inception and I don't think anyone considered him a guy "behind" DiCaprio. He blew up after a good scene stealing performance. Perhaps Fox sees Holbrook doing something great in Logan. The Logan trailer was great and the little snippets of Holbrook look to be promising considering the apparent power he has over Logan. Hopefully it's indicative of him playing a great villain.

BishopShouldGo

He is the guy behind Jackman. Opposite, behind, tomato, tomato

SiL

It's not tomato, tomato at all. Two people opposite each other can be on equal footing. One behind the other implies one is lesser. Alan Rickman was hardly "behind" Bruce Willis in Die Hard, he was opposite.

dallevalle

why him ? that makes no sense.

No

No

He can become other people and transform in his acting
My guess is olivia and key can both pull off the funny lines and the serious intense moments.
if danny mcbride and james franco were cast first in the new alien you guy's would have had heart attacks.
Smart they held off on telling you till the movie was made.

BishopShouldGo

Lol Danny McBride was the second actor announced after Waterston. And everyone should've been happy because he's a fine actor, and good enough for Ridley Scott! And Franco is an amazing actor too. But sadly people will forget he was even in the movie by the time it's over, a'la Patrick Wilson in Prometheus. Big overreaction with Franco.

And Franco's casting was a scoop from this very own website, it wasn't some evil stratagem on Fox's part. ::)

The Bonus Situation

Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Jan 07, 2017, 09:32:09 PM
Quote from: kek on Jan 07, 2017, 03:52:20 PM
how am i supposed to take this guy seriously in the remake, I almost had a stroke trying to give brody a chance lol

What remake?

I think he means PREDATORS (2010)... the remake of the original film.

BishopShouldGo

James Franco and Keegan-Michael Key were both in 20th Century Fox's 'Why Him?', James was offered and Keegan is in talks for THE PREDATOR, so could there be an announcement of BRYAN CRANSTON joining, another Why Him? actor? Would be great.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 08, 2017, 07:07:26 PMBut sadly people will forget he was even in the movie by the time it's over, a'la Patrick Wilson in Prometheus.

People forget Wilson was in Prommy because he was in it for all of five seconds.

On topic, can't say I've ever seen this guy in anything, but glad the reaction seems largely positive. I've got no problems with comedic actors jumping ship to drama, plenty have done it and knocked it out of the park before.

BishopShouldGo

He was in the film for 5 seconds. Uh, exactly.

And really, you've never seen Franco in anything. Interesting.

Corporal Hicks

He means Keegan-Michael.

BishopShouldGo

I stand corrected.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed